Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

ananyacool

Goldie

ananyacool

Posted: 11 March 2009 at 8:11am | IP Logged
Sadly such practices are still followed in rural parts of India. Sadly nothing has changed for widows in India. Still people have the same narrow mindedness when it comes to widows.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Widow Rules (Page 3)" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Roben

Goldie

Roben

Posted: 11 March 2009 at 3:07pm | IP Logged
wow, shocking:S.. in punjabi culture there is no rules or anythign for widows. their treated equal they dnt have to wear white or anything else.

fly2me

IF-Sizzlerz

fly2me

Posted: 11 March 2009 at 3:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Roben

wow, shocking:S.. in punjabi culture there is no rules or anythign for widows. their treated equal they dnt have to wear white or anything else.

Really?
That is so great!
I wish the same thing will happen in every country around the world.
That would be impeccable.

xoxo
-Lara :)

Roben

Goldie

Roben

Posted: 17 March 2009 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by fly2me

Really?
That is so great!

xoxo

Yeah they just wear lighter colours for the time being but then back to normal. In the older days when a son died they use to get his widow married to the younger or the unmarried brother. No one is really labled Apshugan.

fly2me

IF-Sizzlerz

fly2me

Posted: 17 March 2009 at 7:56pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by fly2me

Really?
That is so great!

xoxo

Yeah they just wear lighter colours for the time being but then back to normal. In the older days when a son died they use to get his widow married to the younger or the unmarried brother. No one is really labled Apshugan.

Wow. that's really great. I feel really good to know that at least somewhere live is not hell for a widow. That's just fantastic. :)

Roben

Goldie

Roben

Posted: 17 March 2009 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
I know. There ae some unfortunate places that have no rights for women. I wonder if the "Satti" thing still exists
I remember a few years ago some lady satti'ed herself in the south.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top