Travel

Dont make these cultural Mistakes when overseas! (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 3 Page 5

Born-star

IF-Rockerz

Born-star

Posted: 09 March 2009 at 7:18pm | IP Logged
Thanks For sharing...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Dont make these cultural Mistakes when overseas! (Page 2)" in Travel forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 09 March 2009 at 7:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by marvelous.malks

Originally posted by -Mystery-

Originally posted by AsliiGuy

Thansk every1

I think the shoe part is the biggest offense..When i go to my western friends home and i see them walking around with thier shoes I start to go crazy..Im like WOWOW what r u doing!!!

Then when i walk in there house with shoes I feel so bad, but it was normal..most of the time I take it off...I think shoes in the house is a no no..

Definitely, especially during the winter when it's gross out.  Why make such a mess for them? They have to clean it up.  I get extremely angry too so usually I try to take my shoes off.  The worse thing is that it's become more of a fashion statement... People need to see your stylish shoes. Angry

-Mahi

Wow really? I don't think its such a big deal at all.  its perfectly normal to walk around with shoes.. Confused

Maybe in summer, but when it's snowing out and they spread the salt out, it's almost equivalent of gross mud and when people come in after walking through that and don't take off their shoes, then make a horrible mess especially with wall to wall carpets. 

-Mahi

shalomchinatour

shalomchinatour

Posted: 09 March 2009 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
Hi,I am from China.Yes,it's right,it's not polite to do this during your tours or mealtime.Most Chinese don't like talking during the meals.If you want to talk,it's ok after meal (no loud voice are welcomed).As for toes,we don't expect to see it unless it's bed time at home or very hot summer time(even in summer time,girls are expected to wear socks).tom

AsliiGuy

IF-Dazzler

AsliiGuy

Posted: 10 March 2009 at 7:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shalomchinatour

Hi,I am from China.Yes,it's right,it's not polite to do this during your tours or mealtime.Most Chinese don't like talking during the meals.If you want to talk,it's ok after meal (no loud voice are welcomed).As for toes,we don't expect to see it unless it's bed time at home or very hot summer time(even in summer time,girls are expected to wear socks).tom

Wow appreciate the personal input. Also thanks every1 for your comments.

I have observed from my western friends (i am western too, but we mainly hold indian traditions in regard to life style)..My western friends treat dinner time extremely well, some of them eat at a certain time and together. We hardly do that but i thought it was nice.

I think family time is important and over dinner is a good way to connect.

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 10 March 2009 at 7:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AsliiGuy

Originally posted by shalomchinatour

Wow appreciate the personal input. Also thanks every1 for your comments.

I have observed from my western friends (i am western too, but we mainly hold indian traditions in regard to life style)..My western friends treat dinner time extremely well, some of them eat at a certain time and together. We hardly do that but i thought it was nice.

I think family time is important and over dinner is a good way to connect.

Definitely. That's why it's a rule at my home, that everyone has to be together for the dinner no matter what.  Everyone is busy during the day so we hardly have any meals together but at night dinners are important.

-Mahi

shalomchinatour

shalomchinatour

Posted: 10 March 2009 at 8:04am | IP Logged
yes,I agree,dinner is the most important in the family.After a full day work, I need know how was it going with each member,and what to know whether he/she had a good time. Dinner is going longer than lunch time.We had lunch for the rest half day,well dinner for the coming whole day. I am very very happy when I see them at table.What's happiness? I think it's to have dinner together with your most lovers. Tom :)

Henna 786

IF-Stunnerz

Henna 786

Posted: 10 March 2009 at 8:34am | IP Logged
hehehe i like the list, i was watching a korean show (Worlds Within [Hyun bin is in it Big smile]) and she thought the food was hot or something and she blew her nose.. Lets just say Hyun Bins character didnt appreciate it and called her disgusting lol.. but ive noticed when they take their shoes off outside they tend to wear house slippers - makes sense Smile

I dnt like seein feet - i just think its weird lol

AsliiGuy

IF-Dazzler

AsliiGuy

Posted: 10 March 2009 at 10:16am | IP Logged
on the other side..there are some cultures where rude behavior (well to us) is actually welcomed.

I was reading somewhere that if you do not belch or leave food on your plate, that means you are not full, and if you refuse the extra food and dont belch or leave food on the plate, its in insult.

yepp im full of facts : )

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Travel Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.