Writers Corner

time for a change.PG8!updt!!!!! (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 8

Page 1 Page 7
Page   of 8

legallyzoya

Goldie

legallyzoya

Posted: 28 October 2009 at 10:20am | IP Logged

Rahils point of view.

The only sound in Nehru maidan was the rain water hitting the ground, the heavy breeze that made my whole body numb   and the sound of Delroys and my heavy breathing.

For five minutes we sat quietly in the ground getting  drenched wet in the rain, too tired to utter a word.

After what seemed like ten minutes 'I won' I said grinning

He was breathing heavily and hence he rolled his eyes for a reply.  

He got up to leave. 'Dude lets go..' he finally said.

I picked up my ball that was lying next to me  and started walking towards the compound wall.

'There isn't a auto rickshaw in sight, bad rains…What do we do now?' He asked.

'We'll find one... .' I said.

I jumped over the compound wall and looked out for rickshaws.

He was right, there was hardly any traffic in the road.

Mangalore was a small place with a small population so the traffic was never a problem.

And when it was raining so heavily, people  preferred to stay indoors.

There were hardly any autos in sight And the few autos which did pass by were already occupied/

After 5 minutes one rickshaw finally stopped, when he looked at us he said he dint want to spoil his enw seats and just drove away. Loser.

'Awesome' I muttered angrily.

'What was I thinking? You called me to play football in this rain and I came..!' Delroy hissed.

I ignored him.

'Did you at least bring your phone?' he asked me.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.

I dug my hands deep inside the pockets of my shorts and got my phone out.

It was switched off, I tried turning it on, but nothing happened.

II pressed the key harder.

Delroy laughed 'your frikkin expensive phone is ruined…'

I let out a low moan.

And then I heard someone honk right behind us, I turned around to see a familiar black audi.

'Dude your dad…thank God!' Delroy said sounding relieved.

Oh amazing! My dad.

He honked again.

I clenched my fist. I will not get angry today.

I will not lose my temper.

I will behave myself.

I walked to his car, Delroy followed me.

'Rahil…what are you doing?' My dad asked me not really shocked to see me drenched wet standing in the middle of the road with a old football and a friend who got worried about every little thing.

'We were playing football' I said.

'In this rain?' He asked me his eyebrows raised.

I nodded. He started getting impatient.

It wasn't my fault that I was impatient. Blame the genes!

''Get in'' he told me.

I sat in the passenger seat and Delroy sat behind us.

''Where do you stay son?'' dad asked Delroy.

''Hampankatta….opposite the bus stop uncle'' he said.

Dad nodded. No one spoke until we reached Delroys house.

Delroy said Bye and thanks and everything and left.

I could feel dad looking at me every other minute but I just stared outside my window.

Finally dad stopped the car and said 'Change and come fast…am waiting' he said.

I dint even realize that we reached home. I looked at him 'Waiting?' I asked him.

'Yes Rahil we are having lunch together today' he said.

Wow lunch with dad,I don't know after how many months, but I know this is noit going to be pleasant.

The last time we had a pleasant lunch was when I was 8 I guess.

'It's okay moms made lunch for me ill heat it up' I said.

'Rahil please 'he said. He wasn't begging, it was a order.

I nodded curtly and entered my house.

My nanny MarieAnne Aunty who was watching TV got up when she saw me enter and said:

' Aww Rayee, you so wet baba, go dry yourself fasht. U catch cold no otherwise. I warm your lunch' she said sounding all tensed.

Marie aunty has been taking care of me since I was born.   she is a nice lady but sometimes I do get pissed off and yell at her. Actually most of the time I'm angry I yell at her, but she doesn't say anything back.

'Aunty I'm having lunch with dad today' I said walking to my room

'With sir?' she asked  sounding surprised and  following me .

I rolled my eyes.

'Even though my parents hate each other I have only one dad..So yeah your sir' I said angrily.

She gasped at my words but then asked after a few seconds 'When baba?'

'NOW' I said

'Now?' she asked all shocked. 'He is coming to pick you baba?'

'He is outside' I said and slammed the door on her face.

'Whatt? Why you not tell me?' I heard her ask exasperated outside my room and then I heard her run outside.

I then went for a shower. The hot water was calming my nerves and I don't know how long I stood under the shower closing my eyes and trying to block every thought, until…..

'RAYILL…..OPEN THE DOOR BABA…..YOUR DADA IS WAITING FOR YOU' I heard aunty say.

In moaned. 

'Coming' I said.

I got dressed in 5 minutes but I sat in my bed for another 10 minutes.

My head was aching badly.

Aunty was yelling for the past 15 minutes, then I was afraid she might lose her voice so I opened the door and headed out.

'Rahil please behave' she told me holding my hands.

I closed my eyes and nodded.

My dad was sitting at the porch reading the newspaper.

When he saw me come he sighed loudly .

'Ahhh Rahil finally you came….I thought that maybe you assumed that we were having lunch tomorrow' he said.

I dint reply.

'What took you so long Rahil? Do you have a spa in there? I waited for like half an hour'

Right.

'Dad Ive been waiting to have lunch with you for the last decade' I said looking right  into his eyes 'And half an hour seems to bother you so much?' I asked him.

He turned red and I felt Auntie Marie grasp my hand tightly.

'You promised' aunty said.

'Let's go' dad said and I followed him.

Poor aunty.  I hope the anxiousness won't harm her …at least until I come back.

Nias's point of view

'  Mili come on yaar don't be sucha bore' I told Amel.

'But am tired' Amel replied.

'Tired? What did you do?' I yelled into the phone.

' Well ive been thinking a lot…' She said.

'Thinking! Like we don't do that at all…'

'aaarrghhh Nia …your sucha pest!'  she said irritated.

'I know that! So see you in half hour' I said and dropped the phone before she could reply.

'What are you annoying her about now Nia?' Mom asked.

I jumped into the plushy sofa and said 'Nothing…I was asking her to come with me for the fest'.

'Asking? Yeah I heard how you ask…your turning into a rebel!'  Mom said sitting next to me.

I leaned forward towards the table to reach out for the remote control.

'Turning into a rebel Mom? She already is one!' Neal said.

I just snorted for a reply.

'No beta seriously…you're a girl. Learn to behave like one…you're like a…a boy!' she said.

I stared at her for 10 seconds and then shook my head, irritated.

God!

Neal was laughing, so I turned towards him and said in a casual tone 'If your son acts likes a  girl…I have to be the guy mom' with a grin.

He stopped laughing and glared at me.

I smirked.  Even mom chuckled.  But then she said 'Niaaa…don't say that'.

Trring! Trring! The phone rang.

'Neallllllll pick up the phone' I said lazily.

He threw the chord-less phone at my head.

'Ouch' I said and picked up the phone.

'Lo?'  I said speaking into the phone.

' Nia?' I heard a familiar voice speak.

'Arrrmaaaannnn meri jaaaan?' I said in a very squeaky, girly voice.

'Don't speak like that weirdo'

'You have any problem?' I asked him in the same voice.

'Yes that voice irritates me' he said.

'So? Your head irritates me…Did I ask u to chop it off?' I asked and laughed at my own joke.

My mother hit me slowly on my back.

'Hahaha sooo funny I can't even laugh' he said sarcastically.

'I know…so why did you call? Jaldhi bol..time nahi hain mere paas' I said.

'Your coming to the fest today?' he asked me.

I grinned.

'Yes and guess whose coming with me..' I said excitedly.

'Who?' he asked me.

I shot a glance at my mom who was pretending to read a magazine but was listening to everything I was saying.

' the obvious!' I said trying to speak in code language.

'The obvious?' he asked me puzzled.

'Aaargh what do I annoy you all the time about…more like who' I said.

'What are you talking about nia? Are you drunk?' he asked me

'God. Catch the flow would you..?!' I told him getting irritated.

'oh someone's around?' he asked me.

'Yes. Finally my little doofus you understand!'

' Ahh…okay..errmm  so whose coming?' he asked me.

'Don't think I don't know that you don't know. Loser' I muttered angrily.

He laughed . 'I thought I told you Nia, I don't care about Amel anymore'

'You dint tell me and anyways who told you I was talking about Amel?' I asked him giggling.

My mom looked at me , one eyebrows raised.

'rmmm…who told you tell me first..Amel doesn't have that book' I said making up some lie not even listening to what he was speaking.

'Nia…chuck it. One question. You coming right?' he asked me.

'YES' I said.

' what time?'

'In 20 minutes' I said.

'Okay then come fast…is Neal coming too?' he asked me

'yes Armaan Neal is coming too, ill see you in 20 minutes…I have to band-bajaawfy your life as well..really looking forward to meet you' I said and dropped the call.

'Niaa…' mom started.

'Yes mom, im turning into a rebel. I should not talk to a boy like that and I should not say things like im band-bajaawfying their lives…but you know what Neal is right I am a rebel. I am going to band-bajaawfy Armaans life and I am going to speak to Armaan like that..God save me!' I said walking out of the room.

Amels Point of view

My whole wardrobe was messed up. I couldn't find a single proper dress I could wear.

I picked out a yellow dress and tried it on, it somehow looked bad on me.

Aaarghh. I sat down in my bed and threw the blue t-shirt in the floor, My Persian cat Laila looked at me curiously, sitting safely on top of my computer.

I heard the door open and I saw my mother enter.

'Amel look at your room..its sucha mess! Clean it right away'  she said picking up a novel fallen in the floor.

'After I come back ma' I said lazily.

'What have you done to your cupboard?' she asked me.

'I'm just trying to find a nice  dress' I said.

'nice dress? Yeah you have Halloween costumes in there…stop being so fastidious' she said getting irritated.

I rolledmy eyes. 'I mean I don have a single decent dress to wear' I said.

'No single decent dress to wear? Whats all that then?' she asked me pointing at the wardrobe.

She picked out a white t-shirt and a brown corduroy three fourth skirt and gave it to me.

'That dress makes me look fat' I said.

She sighed and picked up another white salwar.

'im going for a fest not for some pooja' I said.

'Who said salwars should be worn only for poojas  Amel?' she asked me clearly irritated.

I dint reply.

For the next 10 minutes she showed me about another 15 dresses I could wear and I finally settled down for a orange simple kurta and a pair of old numero uno jeans.

'You don't dress up at all…wear some bangles or earrings' she said.

'Mom, you know me…' I said.

I liked to dress up, but only when I was in a mood. Normally I dint even wear earrings!

Mom kept saying that I should learn how to dress.

So then anyways to satisfy her I wore some colorful glass bangles that went well with my multi colored pashmina.

I pulled my hair with a help of a banana clip and wore a little diamond stud.

'Happy?' I asked twirling around.

She nodded.

I could feel her eyes follow me as I went around my room picking my mobile phone and my wallet.

'What mom?' I asked her, putting them into my bag.

'Be careful Amel…don't talk to any boys' she said.

I sighed.

And she continued ' Its very easy for a girl's name to get spoilt especially in a small city like Mangalore' .

I sat down next to her in the bed and said 'Mom you know I don't speak to strangers and you also know that I don't fall into such shit…trust me' I said softly.

'I know Amel, I trust you. Its just that you're so beautiful…it's obvious that there will be guys hitting in you, you have to be careful..even if a girl doesn't do anything,  its very easy for her name to get spoilt.

'Don't worry mom, I'm going to a fest organized by a convent school so that they can raise money to help the flood victims, it isn't some random school fete' I said wearing my cream patent pumps.

She nodded.

'Okay im going, bye….' I said looking at my reflection in the mirror for the last time.

'What time will you be back?' she asked me.

'By 6 I suppose..anyways Nia and everyones gonna be with me' I said.

'Okay…ask Mustafa uncle to drop you and tell him to wait till 6…' she said.

'No need ill come by a rick..why should he wait till 6?' I asked walking out of my room to the main hall.

' let him wait. Come back with him only' she said following me out.

The door bell rang then and within a second Nia entered my house.

'Hey aunty' she said smiling at my mother.

'Bye mom' I said pulling her out.

I went and sat in the silver Honda city parked right outside the porch. Nia followed me.

''Where to?' Mustafa uncle, my driver asked me.

' In balmatta that club is there na…over there' I said.

'Wow Amel you look goooooood'   Nia told me grinning.

'Thanks Nia…your looking gor-jee-yes as always' I said smiling at her.

'gaali kyon dethe ho?' Nia asked me pretending to be  insulted. I laughed.

'sorry..what do you want to hear? That your looking handsome? ' I joked.

She hit me hard and I laughed.

'Hey where's Neal?' I askd.

'He is coming with Armaan…they are making a poster of that global warming thingy so that they can put it up in the feast' she said.

'Armaans coming?' I asked her before I could stop myself.

Her eyes glistened with excitement 'YES' she said.

'Do you like him?' she asked me getting all excited.

I moaned.

Luckily we reached the place that time.

The place was crowded with people, chatting happily and playing games and shopping.

There were many stalls put up and there were posters of the flood victims everywhere, with real sad pictures that makes your heart melt, asking for donations.

As we walked inside the club suddenly my irritated mood seemed to transform into  a more excited one.

I loves these fests! The smnell of the chats, popcorns, golas, the colorful stalls, the happy chattering of the people…it was all so happy!

I spotted a skinny guy with spiky hair wearing a ripped blue jeans and a metallica t-shirt sitting in the corner of the club chatting to other guys and laughing at some joke.

'Ohhh crap' I muttered looking in another direction.

'What happened?' Nia asked me.

'Lakshya' I said.

'where?' she asked me looking around wildly.

I pinched her hand 'don't be so obvious….there in front' I said.

'Yabaaaaaaaa Mili….he looks so gandha! And look he has lost so much of weight…I bet girls would love to have a figure like his' she said and cracked up.

I laughed with her.

'Hey Nia..hey Amel' I heard a husky voice say.

We turned around to see my old classmate Saira, smiling at me.

'Heyyy Sai, whats up?' nia asked grinning at her.

' Sooo good to see you guys!' she said with a big smile.

'Same here…so whats your percentage' I asked  her with a  big smile.

'65% …moms pissed off, dads surprised I managed to get even so much' she said and laughed.

'congrats..which college?' Nia asked her.

'I dunno most probably alloy…hey I gotta go now, my cousins waiting..see ya later' she said.

'Bye…hey wait, where do we buy the coupons?' I asked her.

'Right there ahead' she said and walked off.

We walked to the coupons stall, which was where Lakshya was sitting with his friends.

'Look down don't look at him' nia muttered as we tried to make our way through the crowd.

'Ahem ahem!' I heard Lakshya cough when we reached the coupons stall.

I looked in the opposite direction.

He cough again. I took out my phone and started checking my inbox.

'Ahem ahem!' he coughed again.

Nia was digging inside her wallet.

'Ahem ahem ahem…' he coughed loudly, catching everyone's attention there.

Finally Nia turned towards him looking very irritated and said 'dude, you already lost your brains…if you cough like that you'll lose your lungs too' .

Neals Point of view

Rahil was laughing so hard, that the table was shaking.

Irritated I looked up at him 'Kya?' I asked .

But he was laughing so hard he couldn't even breath.

Armaan was laughing loudly as well, his face turned pink.

I got up from my bed at once and walked towards the computer table, where the two of them were sitting since the past 20 minutes designing a poster.

I looked at the screen and I burst out laughing at well.

After 10 minutes, when we recovered from our fit of laughter, I pulled a chair and sat next to Armaan.

' Kiska kaam hain yeh?' I asked them.

'Joint work' Rahil said and started laughing again.

'Oh crap! Its late' Rahil said staring at the clock that hung in the wall.

'Yeah chalo lets go' Armaan said getting up.

'dude but the poster?' I asked them.

'Ready na' Armaan said showing me the print out of the poster and we started laughing again.

' Your serious about that poster?' I asked him totally shocked.

'Yeah!people will love it'  Rahil said.

'Edaa hain kya?, I thought that poster was a spoof or something'  I said.

' chill maadi, everyone will love the poster!' Armaan said.

Rahil picked up the posters and walked outside the room.

'Neal come' Armaan said following him.

God. What psychopath friends ive got.

If they don't care, why should i? its gonna be fun!

Rahils Point of view

People say im a very good artist, but I never thought of myself very talented, I painted because I loved colors.

But today I realized im a artist in a  true sense. A artists isn't the one who can paint, an artist is the one who has a creative mind and can express himself in any form ethat is through music, painting, words etc.

And today I realized another talent that had actually been within me but I never got a opportunity to work on it. Im great at making posters. I swear I can get into advertising and really bloom.

There was some fest going on organized by the nuns for some noble cause, and we were going there. I was all ready and everything when Armaan got  a brain wave. He said that we could make posters about the global warming thingy and attract peoples attention so that they will participate in it.

I dint want to do it at first, since their whole''global warming awareness program' itself sounded stupid to me, but then I had no choice. 2 months of summer vactions I had to do something.

So, well Neal was lying down on the bed listening to the songs playing on his ipod. Seriously, he has been in his own world lately. Armaan was going through the net trying to get some nice pictures and stuff and I  was  bored so I turned on his laptop and I was trying to morph his picture using adobe photoshop. I told him If I put his morphed picture in the poster it would definitely get a lot of attention. And That's when I got a brain wave! I opened a new page and started typing abusive words in red huge fonts. Armaan saw that and started laughing, apparently he understood what my whole idea was. So well basically half the page was covered with such abusive words that would keep you stunned for a while. And then in a nice, neat, black font I wrote :

That's what you are. Our earth is dying and what are you doing about it?  Nothing. Infact your just making things worse. Prove yourself useful, join us in saving the planet. And For more details contact Rahil , Armaan and Neal and I typed our numbers in next to our names. It was awesome. Even Neal liked it, but he thought we were just joking about and it and we were not really putting up the posters!

As if!

It would be a shame to my talent if I dint show it off.

Well anyways Neal dint argue much either.

But then, when we were leaving Armaans house I accidently bumped in Samia who was entering his house and the flyers fell down. Samia picked up a flyer asking us what it was about. When she read it, her eyes widened with shock. Her cheeks even turned pink! And the three of us started laughing like maniacs while Samia stared at us with her arms crossed , glaring at us.

Then she said I couldn't put it up. We argued with her saying that we dint do anything wrong and that it was very creative.

She said maybe I could put it up in bars but not in a  fest organized by nuns.

She had a point, but we dint agree anyways. So she blackmailed us saying that she will show the flyers to our parents, so we had no option but to design a  new one quickly. We used the same plan of writing something that would grab everyones attention , but we kept in subtle and we gave in more details about the program. Samia actually waited till we were done with it and then she carried on with her work.

Girls.

They are so immature and silly and unsporting and nave.

Well anyways after all that we rushed to the fete, we were already late and we were pretty sure Nia would yell at us. So we decided that if Nia comes and speaks to us or yells at us we will pretend like we cant hear her. Ofcourse that will annoy her more. Well, that's the whole point!

So, we go to the fete and everything. Armaan went to ask the nuns permission and Neal and I were searching for Nia and Amel. And well, they  were near the coupon counter yelling at a group of guys whose face had turned bright pink.

That's when Neal and I decided that we wouldn't annoy Nia more.  It looked like that those guys were about to cry.

God!

Girls I say!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "time for a change.PG8!updt!!!!! (Page 8)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Pooj@

IF-Dazzler

Pooj@

Posted: 30 October 2009 at 12:28am | IP Logged

Excellent update!

Loved IT!

Especially Rahil's !dea! I mean, yeah, he can go into advertising and bloooooooooooooooooooom!

But yeah, the idea, was a bit ummmm, which made it exceptionally hilarious!

Another point is that, yeah, I wont be able to put up such a poster! M a girl!

Sorry cant resist!

legallyzoya

Goldie

legallyzoya

Posted: 30 October 2009 at 10:01am | IP Logged
Aww thanks a lotttt Pooja!!!
im really glad you liked it :)
Well basically all these guys POV iw rote was really  sweet...but then i realzied they ARE GUYS!!
it cant possibly be soo nice lol

Post Reply New Post

Go to top