Writers Corner

time for a change.PG8!updt!!!!! (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 8

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 8
Page 4 Page 8

Girl_2007

IF-Rockerz

Girl_2007

Posted: 19 April 2009 at 4:19am | IP Logged

^^^^^^^^^

thanks for telling the ages... Tongue, will keep this post in mind and read it whenever i need it...LOLEmbarrassed
yes thats waht i was referring too, if arman and amel go to the same class there are more possibilities of them becoming friends soon... Tongue
omg... u lived that incident! ShockedConfused... hope nothing wrong happened... i know, well i didnt know that ur story is specially base in true facts, every story has some dots of reality in.. Smile, and realitys rule is that indeed, you can loose sometimes and win other times... but if u win widout loosing, is better na... i dont know why, but my hopes are always alive despite of my personality...

waiting for ur update wid.... patience... SleepyLOLTongue

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "time for a change.PG8!updt!!!!! (Page 3)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

legallyzoya

Goldie

legallyzoya

Posted: 20 April 2009 at 1:41am | IP Logged

'Im sorry ma'am'but please this is not the right time' S.P Mathew told me.

They need to get new lines. Seriously.

'Sir am sorry we are disturbing you, but everyone has the right to know what happened' I told him.

Aadil rolled his eyes. He looked angry and tensed.

I know we were getting into a fight later. But it dint matter to me. At least not now.

S.P Matthew A.K.A Matthew uncle, tried to talk to me patiently, he couldn't be rude. He knew me for years, we' had diners together millions of time, dad goes fishing with him, his wife and my mom are kitty friends'.we were too close.

'Okay sir, at least could you tell us who got shot? Is he alive?'  I tried again.

He sighed and then said calmly 'Lawyer'.Suresh Modi'.he is not alive''

What? Suresh Modhi? What crap! That can't happen.

I just spoke to him this afternoon.

Suresh Modhi, was a part of 'United' a eminent lawyer, he always helped them in all legal matters, and for one thing everyone knew that he was very brave, he took up criminal cases, cases even against government officials, he almost got sued badly once, but his awesome debating skills that made him such an amazing lawyer saved his skin.

I tried to calm myself. I've heard unexpected new many times in my life, as a journalist I learnt to control my emotions. It was difficult at first, but its my job but this was about Suresh uncle. I had to do it. The news hurt me, but I had to be brave, for him, for every innocent man loyal to his job and his country'

'Sir'can we have details?'

'Not now..'

Suresh modhi is killed.

'Sir please';

'MILI!' he said a bit angrily.

This need not be personal. He realized it too so he said

'Miss Baigh, please let us do our work'

Suresh modhi is killed.

Suresh modhi is killed.

That's all that was in my head.

'Sir but we have a right to know'it is not about media or our TRP's sir, every Indian needs to know'.where is the security of our country? An innocent man gets shot just like that? Whatever happened to the security our government promises us'.and sir forget about that, you owe everyone an explanation.. There are wild rumors spreading'some say its terrorist attack'I know it sounds preposterous'but we are now in this stage where anything is possible''

He gave up. 'Fine' he said.

I motioned Rahul, our cameraman to come over. The technical crew made their way near us.

Matthew uncle showed me where he was shot, the number of bullets used, the time he was shot et cetera

I tried to remain clam and absorbed whatever he told me.

'Samia don't make it too bad'i'll answer few questions later please''  Matthew uncle said.

'It's LIVE'so be careful what you're saying'Mia don't get too harsh, Matthew please give us right details'' my Boss Mr. Desai said.

Matthew uncle raised his eyebrows.

Suresh modhi is killed.

'Sam ready?' Rahul asked me.

I nodded curtly.

'Good evening everyone, this is Samia Baigh, One world, reporting from Mangalore city, just about 45 minutes ago a man was shot down right here'.we have superintend of police Mr. Matthew Fernandez with us'sir could you tell us who was this man who was shot dead?'

'Mr. Suresh Modhi'he was a very eminent lawyer of Mangalore'actually not just of Mangalore but of India Id say''

'Yes, its quite a loss 'sir could you tell us what happened exactly?'

'Well Mr. Modhi, as our sources say just returned from Bangalore, and according to our research, he was walking down, or maybe eh was called down, we don't know'so he was down in this dark alley, of Falnir area, britto road,  when two men in a red car shot him down''

'Yes sir, I guess 6 bullets were shot on him''

'Yeah, but only 3 actually hit him'2 on his chest and one on his head....'

I tried not to look emotional or breakdown.

'Sir Do you know whose behind this?'

'No'we are trying to figure that out yet..'

'Any suspects?'

'Yes, but we cannot be too sure''

'Could you tell us their names sir?'

'Sorry no'because we aren't sure....'

I wanted to ask him more, but then I had to keep to my promise.

He looked at me in a pleading way.

'Thank you very much sir''

'Thankyou...We will let you know more when we find out. These people aren't going to escape'we'll make sure that they don't'

'InshaAllah'Like we all know Mr. Modhi is a very eminent lawyer, one of a kind, he's helped out  many innocent people, handled criminal cases bravely and did total justice to his job.

Now working for good kills you'I guess within a few more years being nice would be a crime'that's all for now, we'll keep updating ..With cameraman Rahul singhania, Samia Baigh, One world, Mangalore'

I know I got a bit emotional and a journalist's job is to report as it is, not go around giving speeches. But it was needed.

My phone rang.

It was from the head office in Mumbai.

I couldn't talk to them I gave the phone to my boss Mr. Desai.

I guess they want a clipping of the interview we took or something.

I saw Amel waving her arms frantically from her balcony.

I excused myself and went to her apartment.

She opened the door and threw herself around me.

'Its okay didi'.' She said

She knew I was upset,

I worked with Suresh uncle a lot. He was the one who encouraged me to take up this profession.

I know I had to be brave.

I entered the house; she gave me glass of cold water.

After some time Aadil entered.

'I was pretty angry with you for butting in'but am glad you handled everything so well Mia, am proud of you'' he said patting my back.

My mobile phone beeped.

It was a mass text message sent to the members of 'UNITED' by my dad, it read:

Suresh's funeral is taking place tomorrow morning at 9:00, in his old guest house. Please try to make it by 8:30.

Followed by 'United meeting' in my house.

-      Atif Baigh 

Edited by legallyzoya - 15 May 2009 at 11:14pm

legallyzoya

Goldie

legallyzoya

Posted: 20 April 2009 at 3:38am | IP Logged

Armaans POV

''Writers of tomorrow''

assignment one: describe a person you know.

She was beautiful. Delicately beautiful. Everything about her was so beautiful, that it made you wonder if she would break if you touch her'like a porcelain doll. It wasn't just her lavishly elegant beauty that stole my heart that stole millions of hearts; it was the innocence and enthusiasm her beautiful hazel eyes were reflecting. It wasn't just her beautiful luscious lips; it was the smile that would make anyone's day. It wasn't just her extra silky curly hair that made her an exquisite cameo'.

Her eyes gave in so much more about herself, they looked so satisfied with everything'.and yet it in search of something, something more to achieve'.

Her behavior clearly indicating her socially and conventionally rightness, her elevated character, her different and charismatic personality. And what made her so wonderful was she was just herself. And yet so almost perfect.

I read it several more times. I hope its good enough. But I guess I got a bit too carried away, God, if anyone reads it am so dead. What will I say? Who's this girl? Obviously I can't tell its Amel, even if it is about her'well maybe ill say it's Adaa? No, no'Amels not my sister. My mom? She's definitely not my mom. What am I doing? Okay ill tell them it's my neighbor. Julia? No ways. No, no, no, no'not Julia! Rack your brains. Whose she? Whose she?

Okay I saw this girl in the airport when we were returning from Italy. Perfect. Non-controversial. For parents: p}

I sat at the ''writers of tomorrows' classroom. I reached early. There were only two other students. Today they were teaching us to write humorously. Sure ill define myself.

STOP UNDERESTIMATING YOUSELF.

I just sat there doodling in my notebook when I heard a group of giggling girls entering the place. Amel was one of them. But she wasn't giggling; she looked tired, stressed out. I'm sure its Suresh uncles death causing all this tension'.I guess she was pretty close to him, I wasn't'so it dint really hurt me'but yeah I did feel bad, he was a nice man.

They sat behind me. I put my head down and continued drooling.  But I wanted to turn back once and look at her again'.and maybe I would speak to her'I had to speak to her'Nia would kill me.

*flashback*

Last night, 8:30

Neal and Nia were at Armaans house. Their parents had gone to the meeting, so the kids were together.

Adaa was playing with her Barbie dolls in the carpet.

Neal was sitting in the couch reading a novel.

Nia who was reading a fashion magazine, kept looking at Armaan every two minutes, finally he gave up watching TV and asked her:

'Nia you have to tell me something?'

She sat up straight.

'Okay'.Armaan, you consider me as your sister na?'

'Yes'

'You love me na'.just the way you love Adaa?'

'Yes'

'If Adaa said something for your own good would you get offended?'

'No'

'So'if I say something for your own good, would you get offended?'

'I'll try not to....'

'Armaan!'

'Okay I won't'

'Good'cause I care for you, that's why am doing this'

'Don't beat round the bush Nia'get to the point '

'Why do you behave like that around her?'

'Behave like what around whom Nia?'

'Behave like an aggressive proud lunatic in front of Amel?'

Ouch.

She noticed? Crap.

'What?' I asked. I felt my cheeks burn.

Oh great I must be turning red.

'See don't deny. I know you're gaga over her....'

I tried to protest but what's the point? She held up her hand as if to ask me to stop speaking.

'Why did you act like a freak that day? You know she thinks you have attitude problem? '

I buried my head in my hands.

Dang! I should have kept my mouth shut.

It reminded me of the saying 'It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your stupid than open it and prove it'

Oh wait, she thinks am mean!!

!!!!!

!!

'Ohh crap so now she think am A obnoxious snob?.  A chesty peacock. A mean person with unwarranted importance out of overbearing pride?'

'No she doesn't, she won't spend so much of time thinking so many words about you! Neal commented.

LLL

And Nia gave him the ''stare''.

He laughed and got back into his book.'

'she doesn't think you're all those words you just said'' Nia consoled me.

'I know that I'm not all those words I just said. I know it. Am not mean am DUMB!'

'Cant argue on that!' Neal commented.

'Shut up and mind your own business Neal' Nia shouted at him.

He just snorted for a reply.

'Now you have to prove to her, that you're everything she thinks you're not!'

'What's that?'

'Smart, sweet, fun loving, charismatic....' Neal said laughing.

'SHUT UP NEAL. GET LOST''Armaan, you're a wonderful guy, flaunt your good qualities, you're bubbling with talent and you're on of the nicest person I know'be proud you're not a freak like Neal!' Nia said.

God she gets so hyper.

'What should I do now?'

'Okay 'next class smile at her and start a conversation'don't get embarrassed'

'Sure that's a piece of cake!'

If she smiles which I know she wont, my muscles forget how to smile! If she talks to me which she wont, my mouth babbles without any sound! But of course, I dint say that loud, Nia will think its cheesy and Neal will give me scientific explanation that its all in my mind and crap'.

'YOU HAVE TO DO IT' she yelled.

'I'll try. I know you won't'but I know how I can'KASAM LO'

'What?'

SWEAR! SWEAR ON ME AND ADA AND AMEL ''

'And me....' Neal added.

I hate him.

Nia threw a pillow at him and continued, 'swear on us you'll make the first move!'

I looked away.

'WHY ARE YOU 'LL SCREAMING?' ADAA ALSO SCREAMT.

'ADAA sweety, go inside for a minute. It's important''

'Its a secret? Adaa also wants to know secret''

'Okay' did you know Neal bhayya likes to play with Barbie dolls? when we were kids he used to steal my Barbie dolls...'

'And she used to steal my action figures' Neal retorted.  

Adaa started laughing.

'Neali, that's so cool...you want to play with me? I got a new Barbie doll, and I got a free dress with it...'

Neal adores Adaa. And so he actually agreed to play with her!

Even I don't play with her Barbie dolls! With her, I mean/

Now that they are busy, they won't annoy.  Good.

'Swear...Armaan swear'

'Niharika it is not as easy as you make it sound all right!'

'She's a very nice girl. she wont eat you up!'

'Yeah but I might die turning red!'

'Well you got to get over it!'

'I will...some day!'

'Tomorrow!'

'No'

'Fine. Good. I hope she thinks that you're a proud freak....anyways you act like that!'

'im not proud ...im shy'

'Yeah and she knows that'

'You can tell her!'

'Why?'

'cause you're my friend and friends help each other!'

'That's what im doing Armaan, helping you!'

'I'll try...I can't swear'

'I don't know you. Get lost'

'Niaaaa pleaasee.....don't do this'

She made a sad face and got back into her magazine.

'You can't do so much for me?'

'How is it for you?'

She stammered 'I don't like ...umm..people thinking that umm my best friends a proud thing!'

I snorted for a reply.

'Please Armaan? You've got to get over this some day! Make the first move!'

'Okay fine'

'Say you swear!'

'I swear'

'Hey Armaan did you ask her why she is being so nice to you' Neal asked me laughing.

I looked at Nia suspiciously.

'Nia?'

'cause I like him, you doofus...He's like my brother' Nia told Neal.

'I am your brother too you never do such things for me'

'cause I don't like you. You're a freak'

And he laughed and Nia muttered swear words under her breath glaring daggers at him.

The next day I faked being ill, she thought i might do it so she called me next day and yelled at me.

she left me no choice.

Gathering my courage, I turned around; Amel looked at me and gave me a tiny smile.

She's so nice even to freaks like me.

'Um Amel'' I stammered.

Her friends stopped giggling and talking and looked at me'as if it was a miracle that I could talk!

Even Amel looked surprise but she's nice. Unlike those giggling girls who apply lip gloss to classes and wear matching shoes and clips. Stupid girls. And laugh at shy guys like me.

'Yeah Armaan'.Armaan right?'

She knows my name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She knows my name

SHE KNOWS MY NAME.

This gave me confidence.

'Yeah'Amel'I mean Armaan, that's my name...'

What am I doing?!?!

She raised her eyebrows.

'Well actually'I wanted to apoolo'

Crap whats that word? Apologize. Yeah apologize.

'Apologize'.for that day' I finished off.

'For what?' she asked me.

I know she knows but she is being nice.

'Umm I was mean that day'about your friend'I was in a bad mood'am sorry I should have'You know''

'No problem Armaan'' she said with a big smile.

She is sooooooooo pretty.

But she seemed to be stressed. She had dark circles. And her face looked flushed and tired.

I smiled back and turned my head.

I made a complete fool out of myself.

Dang.

But I spoke to her.

I felt embarrassed but I couldn't help but grin either.

I hung my head low going through the conversation we had again and again.

'Umm Armaan'?' she called.

I turned my head in a milli-second. 'Yeah Amel?'

STOP IT ARMAAN. Stop making a fool out of yourself.

Be confident.

'Umm'did Nia tell you anything by any chance?'

Dang.

Crap.

Shoot.

Shit.

'Um no'why?' I lied badly.

'No I was just wondering'she seemed tensed about  ...umm our conversation the other day''

'she's worried about everything..'I muttered.

I wish she was worried about her lunatic brother instead.

Just then our ma'am entered the place. I turned around. The classes began. I could not pay attention. And I knew for one thing Amel couldn't either, Suresh uncle's death was hurting her. Badly. I waited for the classes to get over'throughout the whole 2 hours class I thought what id say to her next. I made myself ready. And I hated the fact that I knew she was sad, I was there near her and I still couldn't do anything about it. She must be really down. When the classes finally got over, ma'am asked us to handover our assignments.  I handed it over fast and waited for her at the door.

Please God let her not go with her friends.

Luckily she dint, she was talking to our ma'am.

Everyone else had gone out.

When she finally came out I looked out at her with a big goofy smile {am assuming it was goofy cause I could feel it} and said

'Hey Amel''

She looked surprised.

But she also seemed too tired to talk.

'Yeah?'

'Um'well'.uh....'I started.

She just stood there and looked at me.

Forget it Armaan run from here.

But I wanted her to know that everything will be alright. I wanted her to feel better.

'Yes armaan?'

'Nothing. Ill see ya later. Bye....' is said

'Bye' she said, looking at me like I was some weirdo. Which I am, cause I let this chance slip off.

Armaan only you guys are here, and now you have little confidence and you guys are sort of friends'and most importantly she's worried!

And when she turned around I blurted out:

'Amel I know Suresh uncles death has really shaken you'he was a very nice man, we all regret that he is no more'but don't behave like this'please,  let this incident just give you more reasons to fight bravely against all the corruption India is filled with now'that's what you want to do right? We all know you can do it. Please don lose hope'and just so that you know, I am'I mean we all are there for you''always and forever' I blabbed. I dunno how  I said or what I said it just came out.

I guess now she thinks that im some psychotic freak, but she smiled, her eyes shining with tears it showed that she grateful for me for saying it.

I blushed.

'Aww, thank you soo much Armaan'.'  She said.

Her eyes filled with tears

'Thanks again.. Armaan, i'll see you later'bye'.'  She said.

'How are you going?'

'Auto'

'I can give you a ride''

'No thanks''

'Are you brave enough?' I asked her teasingly.

She laughed and said 'I have pepper spray'.

I got into my car and asked my driver uncle to follow the rickshaw she got into.

I could see a beginning of a new friendship'which would perhaps last forever. Hopefully!

AMELS POV

The first thing i did when i reached home was i called niharika.

'hello?' she spoke into the phone.

'Heyyyyaaaa....'

'Mili? you sound better!' she said sounding glad.

'I am..'

'how come you called?'

'you won the bet!'

now she sounded excited

'i told you, i told you!'

i laughed

'what happened...i dunno he spoke to me today'

'did you ask him to?'

'sheesh mili what makes you think that?'

'i dunno..it was weird...he never speaks...and guess what i cried!'

' with happiness?'

'shut up..no i was just depressed, i wanted to talk to someone about it...but i couldn't..everyone's depressed anyways ....'

'so you cried?'

'nooo....he ..i dunno i must have looked really sad or something, or i guess he just sensed it and he started consoling me!'

'he is a sweetheart'

'but you know what surprised me the most?'

'what?'

'none of my other friends realized that...i wonder how he realized'

'maybe he possesses the power of Clairsentience...' she joked

'maybe..' i said
'can i foresee a new couple?'
'NO!'
she kept quiet.i sounded rude.
'but i can sense a new friendship...' i continued
'so can i!' she said

Edited by legallyzoya - 18 October 2009 at 9:29am

legallyzoya

Goldie

legallyzoya

Posted: 20 April 2009 at 9:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Girl_2007

^^^^^^^^^

thanks for telling the ages... Tongue, will keep this post in mind and read it whenever i need it...LOLEmbarrassed
yes thats waht i was referring too, if arman and amel go to the same class there are more possibilities of them becoming friends soon... Tongue
im sure you'll like the chapter i just updated Wink
omg... u lived that incident! ShockedConfused... hope nothing wrong happened... i know, well i didnt know that ur story is specially base in true facts, every story has some dots of reality in.. Smile, and realitys rule is that indeed, you can loose sometimes and win other times... but if u win widout loosing, is better na... i dont know why, but my hopes are always alive despite of my personality...
Sleepy

waiting for ur update wid.... patience... SleepyLOLTongue
i upated twice today ...hope you like it!

Girl_2007

IF-Rockerz

Girl_2007

Posted: 20 April 2009 at 9:29am | IP Logged
aw love youuuuu!!! thanks a lot! will comment later, or soon... :D

legallyzoya

Goldie

legallyzoya

Posted: 20 April 2009 at 9:30am | IP Logged
right back at you!!!Hug

Edited by legallyzoya - 21 April 2009 at 1:37am

HPmaniac

IF-Dazzler

HPmaniac

Posted: 20 April 2009 at 10:56pm | IP Logged
ROFL

Poor Armaan! He is sooo sweeeet!!!!(and funnyLOL) I think the first chapter was extremely funny and cute... I was laughing throughout the 1st chapter(and ammi thot I had gone mad...as usual) (I've told this to about a million people... millions of time) Every part of it was good!
He's my fav character(you know that) and 2nd fav is Nia...

Now, the 2nd chapter...I was sort of disappointed when I started reading itTongue I thot 'how cud zoya be that cruel...Amel likes Armaan's best friend???' but I guess it isn't a huge crush or anything....(it better not be...sorry, but I already feel like Armaan's my  friend or my brother and I have to help himLOL )

okay i dont like him, he doesn't like me. thats pretty clear now

Amel has NO idea....Poor, poor armaan...he must've felt soooo bad and embarassed...

Whoops...need to go now(dad is shouting at me, ...I need to get ready foor college)

me and the rest of my comment will be here later....hoping there'll be an update before thatSmile

and...I actually feel stupid even having to tell this, but your a greaat writer...so go with your instincts and write what you want to...I KNOW it'll be great....

legallyzoya

Goldie

legallyzoya

Posted: 21 April 2009 at 1:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by illegallyzuman

ROFL

Poor Armaan! He is sooo sweeeet!!!!(and funnyLOL) I think the first chapter was extremely funny and cute... I was laughing throughout the 1st chapter(and ammi thot I had gone mad...as usual) (I've told this to about a million people... millions of time) Every part of it was good!
He's my fav character(you know that) and 2nd fav is Nia...
just cause she insults '' n e a l''
meanie :p LOL
and BTW neal and neal..both fo thema re very nice people...Smile

Now, the 2nd chapter...I was sort of disappointed when I started reading itTongue I thot 'how cud zoya be that cruel...Amel likes Armaan's best friend???' but I guess it isn't a huge crush or anything....(it better not be...sorry, but I already feel like Armaan's my  friend or my brother and I have to help himLOL )
you never knowWink
sometimes i say things so tht u keep ur mouth shut...ROFL
and come on...Rahil is cute, any normal girl will fall for him
even Armaan in the first chapter introduces Rahil as his ''Handsome friend''
it just came out naturally the way he introduced him...
Well dont get hyper...you never know who Amel likes....Armaan, Rahil, Neal...or someone else .whose not yet mentioned...LOL

okay i dont like him, he doesn't like me. thats pretty clear now

Amel has NO idea....Poor, poor armaan...he must've felt soooo bad and embarassed...

Whoops...need to go now(dad is shouting at me, ...I need to get ready foor college)
ure time tables is soo frikking weird
durign classes uw rite stories or sleep
when normal people are sleepign you study
when ur suppsoed to review ur reading breaking dawn
and when u have to get ready fro college for review!!
that still makes u awesome!!  {no its not cause ur being super sweet to me}

me and the rest of my comment will be here later....hoping there'll be an update before thatSmile
sorry but m having fever..i just had to reply to u..am feelign sick...cya later!!
no..m alright now..

and...I actually feel stupid even having to tell this, but your a greaat writer...so go with your instincts and write what you want to...I KNOW it'll be great....

This is all i can say!!!!HugHugHugHugHugHugHugHugHugHug
true or not what u say..it sure does encourage me!!!

Edited by legallyzoya - 21 April 2009 at 1:37am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top