niveditha

Posted: 02 March 2009 at 12:21am | IP Logged

Family values relate me to Akshara, says Hina

2 Mar 2009, 0000 hrs IST, RITU VERMA , TNN

Print   Email   Discuss  Share  Save  Comment Text:

Hina Khan is the latest entrant to the glam world of
Hina Khan
television.

She has definitely succeeded in wooing the audiences with her character Akshara in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai . It is a tale about finding love after marriage and how two people bond after tying the knot.

Hina belongs to Srinagar, but has done her schooling and college from Delhi. She confessed that she always had this desire to act but never thought that she would get the chance to realise her dream.

Hina reveals, "My friends from Delhi University told me about the auditions being conducted by director Rajan Shahi's production house, so I thought of giving it a shot. Next morning, I got a call from the production house saying I had been selected."

As she comes from a non-acting background, facing the camera was not an easy task for her.

"I was very nervous on the first day of the shoot as there are so many things that you have to keep in mind. I rehearse my script with my co-actors and take their tips quite seriously. I am making all possible efforts to get into the skin of Akshara's character. Moreover, I believe if you try to do something with complete dedication and honesty nothing is impossible," she says.

Hina relates to her character Akshara to a great extent. Just like her character, she too gets a lot of love, support and pampering from her family.

She adds, "Family values are something that brings us together. I also dress simply like her, never plan things for myself, by God's grace life treats me well. Just like Akshara, I can do anything for my family."

Completely ruling out the option of a love mate, Hina said, "Though I am not against a love marriage, if my parents chose a guy for me, I will go for it."

With so many shows running on television at the moment, Hina still thinks Yeh Rishta...will make its way to the top because of the freshness of its content.

Lately, Hina was shuttling a lot between Delhi and Mumbai, but why? "I am a student of a business school in Delhi, and went back for my final semester exams. I used to bring my books to the shoot and used to study in-between the shots."

Ask her about her newly attained celebrity status and she bursts into laughter. "Since the day one of shooting, I haven't got anytime to react. I have seen very few episodes of my own show. When I went to Delhi lately, my family, friends everybody gave me such a special treatment, as if I am some queen. So many people recognize you, want to know about you, it feels nice," says she.

If you talk about the small screen, Hina is a huge fan of Smriti Irani. "Smriti plays all her characters positively and with so much of dignity. I got a chance to meet her at the airport lately and was really thrilled."
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV-/Family-values-relate-me-to-Akshara-says-Hina/articleshow/4211291.cms

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

fanm_4eva.Senorita.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Family values relate me to Akshara, says Hina" in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-MeraBarun-

IF-Sizzlerz

-MeraBarun-

Posted: 02 March 2009 at 1:45am | IP Logged
Thanks a lot for the article.

serendipity.

IF-Stunnerz

serendipity.

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 02 March 2009 at 6:34am | IP Logged
thnx fr da article hun!!

.Senorita.