why did Geeta put Mandakini on the chopping block?

vickosh thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
I was puzzled as to why Geeta put up Mandakini????
It could have been Nooni or the other girl.
My husband pointed out that the judges put out their best rather than putting out the worest to the elimination round.  This way they protect their team.  I guess Geeta did not expect Mandakini to be eliminated.  In my opinion Mandakini is the second best(first being Alisha) amongest the girls.  I have been seeing her since Boogie Woogie days.  She is an exceptionally motivated and hard working dancer.  I hope she has a good career in dancing.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pepsicola7 thumbnail
Yeah, I was going to post this same topic.  I think Geeta did it to protect Noni.  Noni was weak last time, even the judges told her she needed to work harder, which is generally as harsh as they get.  Mandagini got really good comments, so it was the wrong decision.  I thought Vrushali should have been out based on the solo performance.  Anyway, Geeta was helping Mandagini with her solo, so it must have been her idea to use that peacock thing.  She should have seen that it was hindering her performance.  Mandagini did not deserve to go. Edited by pepsicola7 - 15 years ago
Moon-Sparkle thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: vickosh

My husband pointed out that the judges put out their best rather than putting out the worest to the elimination round.  This way they protect their team.  I guess Geeta did not expect Mandakini to be eliminated.  In my opinion Mandakini is the second best(first being Alisha) amongest the girls.  I have been seeing her since Boogie Woogie days.  She is an exceptionally motivated and hard working dancer.  I hope she has a good career in dancing.

I guess cuz noni started crying on friday.. cuz she felt offended..they were all talkin about her weight.. so ..

i know which doesn make any sense.

u can so tell mandakini was so shocked  when they annouced her name out.

Edited by Moon*Sparkle - 15 years ago
Chits1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I agree too.Judges put out their best and not their worst..thinking they won't get eliminated..
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
They are using sort a Reverse Psychology but we all know what is up 😛
r_tvfan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I think it was fair that Mandakini was out. On that particular day, her dance was not upto the par, though she may be a better dance then Vrushali or Bhavna. I think it had to do with Geeta's choreography - she did not give Mandakini any challenging steps and even there was nothing extraordinary about the prop usage. Same goes for Jigar's performance, he was not given good steps. I'd blame Geeta for them getting out as she didnt choreopgraph well.
However, I feel Noni should have been nominated instead as she was weaker then Mandakini. I think this was a strategy by Geeta. Same goes for Remo, who nominated Bhavna instead of Rakhi who was weaker. Among the guys, Mangesh or Prince had to be nominated so there was nothing unfair in that.

So far, Terrence seems to be the fair judge and I hope he continues it.
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: r_tvfan

I think it was fair that Mandakini was out. On that particular day, her dance was not upto the par, though she may be a better dance then Vrushali or Bhavna. I think it had to do with Geeta's choreography - she did not give Mandakini any challenging steps and even there was nothing extraordinary about the prop usage. Same goes for Jigar's performance, he was not given good steps. I'd blame Geeta for them getting out as she didnt choreopgraph well.
However, I feel Noni should have been nominated instead as she was weaker then Mandakini. I think this was a strategy by Geeta. Same goes for Remo, who nominated Bhavna instead of Rakhi who was weaker. Among the guys, Mangesh or Prince had to be nominated so there was nothing unfair in that.

So far, Terrence seems to be the fair judge and I hope he continues it.

i was thinking the same! the steps were not that good! Jigar can do more complicated steps so what kind of steps did she give him??even i could do what he was doing...the thing about Prince's performance was that the steps were harder and better to watch.

So with you here.

Remo has been doing this from past two weeks --- since DID started officially.  Now that you pointed it out, I feel this is what Geeta was up to as well this last week per muh ki khani padi - ended up losing two best members of her gang and one due to illness.  Terrence is the only one who honestly nominates his weakest contestants.
Showbizz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
same here , jigar was not at his best but mandakini was amazing ,  geeta shouldnt have selected her , same with remo selecting bhavna when she danced so well .
AreYaar thumbnail
Weren't they mentioning something in the end about how Jigar didn't have much time to prepare his act?? Maybe that's why she didn't give him any complicated moves??

As for Mandakini, I also didn't feel she should have been out....even though the prop she used ended up being her downfall, I still found her to be better than Bhavna who has been doing the same sort of dancing in all her acts.