Posted: 15 years ago
Parents do not force. They only show kids the error of their ways...😊
Forcing anything on anyone is .... not correct
*king* thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sandya_rao7

don u physically force ur children to pray? or ur parents did that? had it been possible to stop Indian men through emotional blackmail then we wont have any wars problems only in india.

dear our religion says in ramayan n mahabharat wars were fought due to women.😉

*king*
Originally posted by: sam_84

its easy to spk but difficult to implement!

r u sure that u'll have no problem if ur child (or member of ur family) becomes a christian/muslim?

but there r many pseudo religions as well like satan worshipping...so u cant just throw ur child into those in the name of freedom of choosing religion!

**shrugs**

You are quiet right there...even people who aren't religious are horrified in discovering their family members following/converting into some other religion. But the question isn't whether people are having problem with their family members converting, but rather whether they ought to have a problem or not. If the person isn't harming anyone, then does anyone have the right to 'force' him to remain in thereligion he was previously in?

About 'pseudo religion'...care to clarify what you meant by that? Also, do you refer to 'Satanism' as satan worshipping? If so, then I don't think that's a correct way of saying it...Satanism actually has nothing to do with worshipping Satan. But if you meant something else...

Originally posted by: ravi88

Religion is never forced on children's .

It is...check it out:

It becomes a part and parcel of life as one gets born in a home and get use to what he learns with the people he is living and also gets the name and identity with the religion !!!

Can't a person have an identity without following any religion? Also can't the child have an identity as a member of some other religion he wishes to follow? Can't the child have the right to have an identity as a believer of God but not believing in any religion? Can't an atheist have an identity?

Religion gives the identity to the people , but it depends upon the belief and non-belief , as a man without religion is incomplete and his life has no base. Whether the person is Hindu ,Muslim or Christian  the biggest thing is respect all the religion and shouldn't hurt the sentiments of the believers  .
          Because  in life religion plays important role because it connects the god the maker of this world...  

....Yes you are right. Be it Hinduism, Christinaity, Islam or anything else...as long as the child is believing in a a Creator and isn't doing anything immoral, what's the problem by what bame he is calling God? If there's no problem, then shouldn't parents leave it upto the children to decide what is correct, what is not, instead of literally forcing the younger generation to blindly follow what they did? In that way people will have an even better grasp of God.
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
In a way, yes, one is "forced" into their religion, why? Because at that young age, religion is not something a child can comprehend. Parents give children everything they own, from life, language, values, morals, to faith. Its all a part of the package. As the child matures, however, it becomes his or her own responsibility to seek truth in that religion/faith and realize your own beliefs. It is hurtful and shocking to parents to see their child convert to a different religion/faith or completely denounce any faith, as though they are denying what their parents' believe in so firmly. It is an obvious reaction, especially because we all consider our faith to be the most superior of all. However, I also think that it is wrong for one to pretend to believe in something one doesn't believe in, purely for the sake of convenience or another's satisfaction.

I am all for people encouraging their kids to upgrade their beliefs to more rational ones. Heck, not only the kids, even the parents need to upgrade... there's so much rubbish out there.

Just in case you're wondering, when it comes to me, I dont view anything other than what i believe in as very enlightened. I wouldn't force the kid or nothing, just beat the crap outa him. Good dads make sure their kids turn out to be at least as smart as them, and i could do no less... in good conscience😛
why to force when same results could very well be achieved by emotional atyaachar😛

Seriously though, don't see why religion is given so much importance in our life.  I would rather stress on spirituality than religion.  Kids are pretty smart these days.  They also realize most religions take them to the same destination via different paths.  What's the point in changing one path for the other if end point stays the same😊  Hence, very few desi kids change their religion down the road.

But different religions dont take people down the same path. Some put them six feet under and let them burn in hell. Others burn them to ashes and then give them a second or third go at a reincarnated life. The implications of different religious beliefs are very different even for the spiritual life, forget just the material one.😊
Originally posted by: *king*

dear our religion says in ramayan n mahabharat wars were fought due to women.😉

*king*

ohh but i thought it was the ego of ravana and kauravas which was hurt aand led to war. u know male ego?
If one abstains from misinterpreting their religion, or any other religion, they will note how end result is always the same.  I doubt the burial rites diefferences would make any kid to choose another religion over their own😆 

Whether one believes in reincarnation or ultimate freedome for the birth cycles, every religion teaches a certain way of life and this way is pretty consistent between various religions.   As long as the teachings are same, why get all het up on the teaching methodology?

I know most people confuse being spiritual to being religious.  But spirituality doesn't have to be mixed with religion.  So fail to see the implications there.