Page 2 of 7

Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 3 Page 7

eljay

IF-Rockerz

eljay

Posted: 03 March 2009 at 4:54am | IP Logged
Caryn, I just looked up some recipes for oats upma.  They said to use 2 cups of water for 1 cup of oats, and the rest was just the way you said - dry roast the oats for 2 minutes, and then make upma the normal way.  I think I will try and do that today and let you all know how it turns out. 

My only problem was hunger pangs in the middle of the night!  I was dying to come to the kitchen and have some toast, but I forced myself to stay in bed and out of trouble.  Tonight I think I will have some fruit and milk before going to bed and see if it helps.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "My Food Obession (Page 2)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sati

Groupbie

Sati

Posted: 03 March 2009 at 8:25am | IP Logged
Hey guys,
     Yesterday I was patni... ( not vaimodadha) but was fasting. I had a orange juice.. I made oats dosai for dinner :). It was awesome. I had it with vengaya chutney. If you are interested in the recipe let me know.

Today so far water. I am so dehydrated i keep craving for water. I am gonna make oats thakali ( thakali sadham) tonight. Will let you know the results. I am so happy both caryn and eljay have joined me in my oats obsession :)

Sati

Eljay :Is it sugar craving or carb kraving ?

Edited by Sati - 03 March 2009 at 8:26am

eljay

IF-Rockerz

eljay

Posted: 03 March 2009 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
Sati, it sounds like a carb craving!  Can you give us the recipe for oats dosai?  I would like to try it out. 

Today it is my turn to fast, well, actually, I eat once a day after my puja at 3, so I have had one cup of milk, one cup of tea, and I powdered 4 or 5 badams and added it to my milk.  In the evening, i will have a glass of milk and a banana.  So far, I am okay.  Just keep on reminding me to stay with this diet.  Good luck, Sati and Caryn!

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 03 March 2009 at 5:41pm | IP Logged
Sati, go ahead give us your oats recipe.  I am sick of having porridge oats everyday.  I do try to take some fibre daily.  Today, I haven't had it yet.  Maybe tea time.  Forgot to get yoghurt for the office yesterday.

Eljay I know what you mean.  Midnight pangs.  Like you, I never to go to kitchen, instead watch t.v. in the morning until I sleep or until I need to get ready to work.

If you take vitamins, take calcium before you go to bed.  The calcium relaxes your muscles, and you can get good night sleep.  I have been practicing it for last 4 years.  It is good.

Eljay you have a strong will power maa. Embarrassed

My problem carb cravings. Big smile

Edited by Caryn - 03 March 2009 at 5:44pm

eljay

IF-Rockerz

eljay

Posted: 03 March 2009 at 6:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Caryn

Eljay I know what you mean.  Midnight pangs.  Like you, I never to go to kitchen, instead watch t.v. in the morning until I sleep or until I need to get ready to work.

If you take vitamins, take calcium before you go to bed.  The calcium relaxes your muscles, and you can get good night sleep.  I have been practicing it for last 4 years.  It is good.  Good idea, I will try it tonight.

Eljay you have a strong will power maa. Embarrassed My will power doesn't last long, Caryn!  It usually weakens and dies after three to four weeks, the most I have ever gone was about two months and I actually lost about 5 pounds then, and then ... the usual stuff, I got the flu and then my diet and everything else was forgotten.  This time, please, don't let me do that.  Bug me.  Nag me.  Do whatever you want to.

My problem carb cravings. Big smile  Mine is sugar.Wink

Sati

Groupbie

Sati

Posted: 04 March 2009 at 7:56am | IP Logged
dhideer Oats Dosai

1 cup Steel cut oats ( use whatever kind of oats you have)
1/8 cup rice
1/2 cup yogurt+1/8 cup water
Green chillies to taste
salt to taste

Soak the oats and rice in yogurt ( make it mor/buttermilk)  for 1/2 hour. Then grind it in mixie with chillies and salt. I let it sit for 10 minutes. Then take a Non Stick tava, pour your dosai add onions carrots on top of it let it cook like normal dosai and enjoy!

Warning : This dough doesnot have a lot of gluten... so it doesnot stick together well when cooked. IF you make large dosai it will tear, make smaller dosais and enjoy
Non stick tava ellai naa it will tear, then we have to eat dosai porata LOL.. 

Will try oats paratha, the problem with this recipe is the majority ingredient is not oats, so i am skeptical. Maybe oats tomato

Edited by Sati - 04 March 2009 at 7:59am

Sati

Groupbie

Sati

Posted: 04 March 2009 at 7:57am | IP Logged

I would get dates and eat them when i have craving. Make sure the dates are not processed. It helps in craving.

Eljay: Badam is very good for you only when it is soaked. So next time you eat badam make sure its germinated. Infact all the dry fruits should be germinated to get the real good ness of them Tongue

Edited by Sati - 04 March 2009 at 8:00am

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 04 March 2009 at 4:19pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the recipe Sati

HOw to you germicade dried fruits.  I love dried apricots and cherry tomatoes, I eat them as it is. Embarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top