Other Topics

My Food Obession - Page 3

Sati thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
eljay I tried two new recipes :) One ishealthy other is high carb :)

I made salad out of strawberries

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

eljay thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Let me have your healthy recipe, Sati!  I have been good so far today.  I had oats for breakfast, three tbsps of cooked rice for lunch, with two big bowls of salad, one bowl of yogurt, and one bowl of cabbage curry.  I am going to make dhoklas for dinner, then we have chole to be eaten with chapathis for the rest of the family.  I had a cup of tea and a cup of coffee in the afternoon.  Am I being good so far?
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
aww...health concesious ladies...proud of u all😳 

@Eclat - everyone is welcomed to join inπŸ˜›

Thanks for the recipes Sati ji....I hope I can quote ur recipes to the recipe thread aslo😳

_Manpreet_ thumbnail
Thanks a lot Sati for the wonderful reciepie....me too am not a fan of oats.......but had to eat oatmeals for breakfast.......will def. try your oat kanchi...
Sati thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: eljay

Let me have your healthy recipe, Sati!  I have been good so far today.  I had oats for breakfast, three tbsps of cooked rice for lunch, with two big bowls of salad, one bowl of yogurt, and one bowl of cabbage curry.  I am going to make dhoklas for dinner, then we have chole to be eaten with chapathis for the rest of the family.  I had a cup of tea and a cup of coffee in the afternoon.  Am I being good so far?

Awesome! thats really awesome. My day just started and today being monday is no food day for me 😭 so had coconut water in the morning. Will have two more cups of it till night i think. May I know what kind of salad you eat ? and what kind of dhoklas khaman or regular ?
eljay thumbnail
Hi Sati!  My salad consists of tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, carrots, red radish chopped finely, bell peppers and sprouted moong beans, with salt and ground black pepper and lemon juice dressing.  I made the same thing today also, then I also made dal using the sprouts and cauliflower curry, with chapathis for dinner.  I had two chapathis, with all the side dishes, and for lunch we had rice with sambar, rasam, sprouts curry, salad and tomato raita, and I stuck with about 4 tbsps of rice, and added lots of cooked dhal to it, so it would fill me up.  Then I had two helpings of curds and salad.  I have had two slices of bread for breakfast and another slice in the evening, which is probably, sorry, definitely, bad.  I will try to be better tomorrow!

How has your day been going?  Oh, I forget, today is your vrat day.  Mine is tomorrow.
eclat thumbnail
Eljay and Sati, you guys are doing great with your dieting.  But when you are following a diet is it good to go on a fast? 

Had oats for breakfast and having cabbage salad, rasam and 1 small cup of rice for lunch. Dinner is likely to be dhal ,2 phulkas and 1 cup curd.
Caryn thumbnail
So what is dholkas and phulkas? πŸ˜ƒ

Eljay, you can have as much as bread as you want, only if it is wholemeal bread.  Multi grains is a no-no.  Only a slice or two.  Btw, the bread has lesser calories, if the crusts is removed.  (Just read it last week)
eljay thumbnail
Caryn, phulkas are rotis that are first cooked on a tawa and then grilled so that they puff up on both sides, and eaten without ghee.  Dhoklas are Gujarati variations on our idlis, made with kadalai paruppu or with rice and urad dal, and steamed, cut into squares and then seasoned with kadugu and green chilies and perunkayam, not as healthy as our idlis but yummy!  I usually don't eat the kadalai paruppu kind because it produces too much gas, and I hate the discomfort.

Actually, I have been using unbleached whole wheat flour, available at our local grocery stores, to make my rotis.  I mix it with the chapathi flour available at the Indian store, and while it may not be as soft as the regular flour alone, it should be healthier.  I am also using this unbleached flour when I bake my bread.

Thanks for the tip about the crust.  I will definitely remove it from now on.
Sati thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: eljay

Hi Sati!  My salad consists of tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, carrots, red radish chopped finely, bell peppers and sprouted moong beans, with salt and ground black pepper and lemon juice dressing.  I made the same thing today also, then I also made dal using the sprouts and cauliflower curry, with chapathis for dinner.  I had two chapathis, with all the side dishes, and for lunch we had rice with sambar, rasam, sprouts curry, salad and tomato raita, and I stuck with about 4 tbsps of rice, and added lots of cooked dhal to it, so it would fill me up.  Then I had two helpings of curds and salad.  I have had two slices of bread for breakfast and another slice in the evening, which is probably, sorry, definitely, bad.  I will try to be better tomorrow!

How has your day been going?  Oh, I forget, today is your vrat day.  Mine is tomorrow.

Very bad. I age bhelpuri after my vrat is over 😭 and also i made some really good sweet which is raw out of almonds and agarve nector πŸ˜›. its natural who am i kidding. I will be posting that recipe too. I just need to take some good pics. I am busy today but tomorrow will have all the recipes with pics up :)