•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago
"I have yet to connect to Kkusum"

The first thing that you notice about Shilpa Saklani is her sweet smile and her affable nature that completely puts you at ease. She is full of energy, and despite the tight schedules she follows, the lady has a zest for life that is awe inspiring.

Shilpa and Apurva: Made for each other!

Currently doing Sony's Kkusum and Star One's Nach Baliye and of course, Kyunki..., Shilpa is well on her way in tellydom!
Prashant Golecha spoke to Shilpa about her life on and off screen

I, me myself
I am a lot like a normal person. I work hard. I am an extrovert who likes to be social. I am a happy go lucky type. I can be short-tempered if I am provoked unnecessarily.

On being Kkusum
It is good to play the title role. It adds to my work profile. I am working thirty days a month and it is good to secure my future. At the time of deciding on the offer I did think of the two previous Kkusums namely Nausheen Ali Sardar and Manasi Joshi Roy. Nausheen was too good and had taken the show to a different level. People used to watch the show because of her. When Manasi replaced her she also did justice to the role. I knew comparison would happen. I am the youngest one to play Kkusum. I knew I have to carry the legacy forward.

The Virani's: Shilpa loves playing 'Ganga'

On Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
It is the best show ever made on television. It made me what I am today. I can't get out of "Ganga". Ekta always says that Tulsi and Mihir are the backbone of the show but it is one show where every character gets to make a mark in its own way. Ganga is a lot like me but has a funky attitude like me. When Mohini needs to be irritated it's always Ganga who does it.

On real life husband Apoorva Agnihotri
I believe Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi is one of the best shows and Apoorva is one of the best-looking men in India. Everyone is not destined to become Shahrukh Khan. 'Armaan Sir' has been accepted very well. Apoorva has played a negative Casanova and yet you want to sympathise with him.

On her on-screen husband Anuj Saxena
Socially, we are not in touch, although I have bumped into him many times in the last couple of years. Anuj is a very chilled out and intelligent co-star who makes you feel comfortable. He talks only when he needs to.

My friends in the industry
Ritu Choudhary is like a sister and I am bonded to her on a spiritual level. Other friends include Rakshanda Khan, Amit Sarin and Riva Babbar.

Fitness funda
I work thirty days a month. I have not been to a gym since the last five six years. My husband bought me a gym membership, yet I don't go.

Enjoys Kyunki more than Kkusum
I am playing Kkusum since last four months but I have been playing Ganga for the last four years so obviously there is a difference. I have yet to connect to Kkusum.

Astrology and me
I don't follow astrology blindly. My interest level is as normal like anyone else.

Ambitions
I don't plan. I take things as they come. I have been brought up in Vishakapatnam and acting was not even an option. I have no ambition to do films. I had the ambition to get married early and that I have already done. Apoorva is my soul mate and I want to stay happy with him forever.

bye,

Anjana
Thanks for sharing........Anjana. Oh by the way where is the big fan of shilpa.........Karishma??? Haven't been seeing her at all nor being seeing any post of hers.
IM ONE OF THE BIGGEST FANS OF SHILPA

i just love her role as Ganga, but i still dont like her as Kkusum somehow

she fits into the GANGA type roles more than the motherly Kkusum roles
hey thx for sharing the article 😊