The Beginning of Something.. (Update pg29[short])

Posted: 15 years ago

The Beginning of Something...

"Ugh, I can't believe its raining again," was the first thought Meera had when she got out of the lecture hall. She had loved dancing in the rain as a child, but after watching the so-called "rain dances" on Indian television, rain depressed her. She wanted someone to dance with her in the rain, someone who would cherish her, sing Khuda Jaane for her, but she wasn't so lucky.

Her life revolved around school and work, and she was starting to get sick of it. She felt like she would go crazy if she did not do something different. So, one day, she decided to ditch a lecture. It took her hours to convince herself that it was ok to ditch and she needed to do something for herself. She decided to go the beach instead, there weren't many people there that day. Excited to see that she could just lay there on the sand without getting disturbed, she picked up her book and towel and walked towards the beach. While reading the book, she fell asleep.

After what seemed like hours, she woke up to see that a handsome face was staring at her like she was the most beautiful person he had ever seen.. She freaked, got up, and asked him what he was doing. All he could say was, "you're so beautiful."

She was sitting up by this point, her heart was racing, she did not like this. But he was still staring at her. She picked up her stuff, walked to her car, and drove away, leaving him speechless.

After that incident, she decided that there was no need to try anything different, she was happy being herself. Why shouldn't she be? She convinced herself that she could have whatever she wanted in life and this life was what she wanted, but she was unable to forgot the guy. No one had ever stared at her the way he did. It wasn't weird or creepy at all, it was simply.. unexplainable, full of love.. "no, it wasn't love," she told herself. How could it be love? That was the first time he had ever seen her. She still felt bad about leaving the way she did, she told herself that it was rude of her to leave that way and decided to go back to the beach and in case he's there, she would apologize to him.

He wasn't there, he never came back. She visited almost every day at the same time, but never found him again and eventually gave up and decided not to go back to the beach.

Life was basically back to normal, she was going to school, just working, and trying not to think about him anymore, but he was always in the back of her head. She wasn't able to forget the way he was watching her, no one had ever seen her that way. It made her feel beautiful.

One day, she was just working and she saw her boss walking some guy over to her counter. He looked so familiar, but she could not place him at first. As he came closer, she realized it! This was him! This was the guy she met on the beach! But he did not seem to recognize her and if he did, he pretended like she wasn't even there. Her boss introduced him to everyone -- he was her new manager.

--------------------
To be continued..
My first post, hope it's good enough.. 😳😳
Oh, and the starting was inspired by Aishu and her rain obsession, took me forever to decide how to start it! πŸ€—
Thanks also to my dear friend Sonam. She inspired me to finally write something. πŸ€—

--------------------
Updates:
Pg. 5 -- First phone call.
Pg. 6 -- He visits her apartment.
Pg 6. -- What she wants.
Pg. 8 -- What's happening.
Pg. 10 -- Naina.
Pg. 12 -- Something more about Jai.
Pg. 14 -- First car ride.
Pg. 15 -- A surprise.
Pg. 19 - Confession.
Pg. 22 - Aftermath.
Pg. 24 - Mom.
Pg. 26 - First date.
Pg.27 - Happiness.
Pg. 29 - Friendship.

Edited by Ms.GoodMorning - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This seems like a "Biograph" of you kullyπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

I'm loving the story so far. Continue please

Originally posted by: Terenaina

This seems like a "Biograph" of you kullyπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

I'm loving the story so far. Continue please

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† It's really not!!! I tried so hard not to make it seem like one because none of that happened to me!

I'm glad you like it! πŸ˜ƒ
Terenaina thumbnail
it's really inspired by ur lifeπŸ˜‰πŸ˜† okay I'll stop teasing you now
ahahaha.. why aren't you at the fc tonight?

It's actually really inspired by two of your stories. You never updated yours, did you? I want to know more about Neil..
Terenaina thumbnail
ughh that neil isn't in the story anymore. But if u like that much, I'll put him back on the story...LOL I'll update it tomorrow inshallah

you should update urs soon too, I want to see shocking twists too...LOL
HA. My story won't have as many twists as yours.. mine's going to be soo simple and romantic.. totally unlike real life. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Terenaina thumbnail
u mean it's going to be like ur real life...LOL okay I'll stop with the jokes now

but seriously I love romantic stories but it should have twists to make it interesting, in my opinion
I was trying to make it simple because mine's not so simple. But I might add a few twists..
        She was sitting up by this point, her heart was racing, she did not like this. But he was still staring at her. She picked up her stuff, walked to her car, and drove away, leaving him speechless.

After that incident, she decided that there was no need to try anything different, she was happy being herself. Why shouldn't she be? She convinced herself that she could have whatever she wanted in life and this life was what she wanted, but she was unable to forgot the guy. No one had ever stared at her the way he did. It wasn't weird or creepy at all, it was simply.. unexplainable, full of love.. "no, it wasn't love," she told herself. How could it be love? That was the first time he had ever seen her. She still felt bad about leaving the way she did, she told herself that it was rude of her to leave that way and decided to go back to the beach and in case he's there, she would apologize to him.

He wasn't there, he never came back. She visited almost every day at the same time, but never found him again and eventually gave up and decided not to go back to the beach.
Edited by Ms.GoodMorning - 15 years ago