Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

rosewood104

IF-Dazzler

rosewood104

Posted: 26 February 2009 at 4:06pm | IP Logged
Bump-er episode

Balika Vadhu does a Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. Shocks viewers by bumping off a key character unexpectedly

Balika Vadhu fans were in for a bad shock when they saw the Wednesday episode of the serial dealing with child marriage.

The makers shocked viewers by suddenly killing the character of Pratap, played by Jehangir Vakil.

The Balika Vadhu office is flooded with calls since the last couple of days, enquiring about the reasons for Pratap's death. In fact, many are also wondering if the character will make a comeback, just like Mihir Virani did in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, few years ago.

Reveals our source, "Balika Vadhu enjoys high TRPs. Its viewers were looking forward to Pratap's marriage to Sugna, played by Vibha Anand.

Expecting a happy event in the serial, viewers were aghast when they saw that Pratap is murdered by dacoits. 

Actually, Pratap was not a popular character with the audience, but Sugna has a huge following. Viewers love her, so when the serial took the unexpected turn, they haven't liked it.

Vibha Anand in Balika Vadhu
I

In fact, many callers are sympathising with Sugna and saying that they cannot see the need to bring more grief to her life and are demanding where the serial is heading."

We too wonder whether Pratap will be back in the story or not. Ashwini Yardi, the programming head of the channel offers some clarity, "Pratap is dead and won't be coming back. Balika Vadhu is a realistic show." 

cheers
resh

Edited by rosewood104 - 26 February 2009 at 4:10pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

JayshreebostanianSun-Love-Swetha-TheSnowmanMicronlipshaa

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Bump-er episode-PRATAP killed-NEW ARTCL" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

iloveidiotbox

Goldie

iloveidiotbox

Posted: 26 February 2009 at 4:46pm | IP Logged
Thanks!

I understand Pratap's death was upsetting, but it would be even crazier to bring back Pratap alive! Unless it is a dream and Suguna wakes up today realising Pratap is not dead, any other story twist to bring him back would be unrealistic. I hope for the story and show's sake Pratap remains dead!

darthdevidem

Groupbie

darthdevidem

Posted: 26 February 2009 at 5:38pm | IP Logged
ofcourse pratap isn't coming back...this aint a K serial lol

____

I think Widow remarriage is what they wills how for sugna as well as a way for dadisa to see her sins

Kruthika.N

IF-Veteran Member

Kruthika.N

PPAW Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 26 February 2009 at 9:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rosewood104

We too wonder whether Pratap will be back in the story or not. Ashwini Yardi, the programming head of the channel offers some clarity, "Pratap is dead and won't be coming back. Balika Vadhu is a realistic show." 

Very well saidClapClapClap

Just dont know why just cuz 1 person dies, its compared to an Ekta show?? People DIE in real life, its normal. And its so stupid for them to even ask whether he'll come back in the show... I dont understand why the world wants to reduce BV to just another K-show or any other saas bahu type show.

Guess some ppl just cant stand realistic television.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

Roben

Goldie

Roben

Posted: 26 February 2009 at 9:43pm | IP Logged
He wont come back, this isn't Ekta Kapoor drumbells and thunderstorm with bells playing in the back show lol it will be stupid if they bring him back.

suchi_dev2006

Goldie

suchi_dev2006

Posted: 26 February 2009 at 10:44pm | IP Logged

He needn't come back....he is dead for showing & spreading some valuable messege in future

suvs

suvs

Posted: 26 February 2009 at 10:57pm | IP Logged

Its simple they want to show Bal-vidhwa and now how dadisa is going to treat her ladli poti (same as phuli?)

and how could you forget that Pratap and Sugna consummeted their relationship. So there may be some chance of showing her preggy? What ya say!!!! But I think they will mainly concentrate on her re-marriage. Thats why sad end of Pratap. He will not come back. Ekta Kapoor thode hi hain producers Big smile

dhawanashu

Groupbie

dhawanashu

Posted: 27 February 2009 at 12:45am | IP Logged
I think this is ridiculous. Only to show the grandmother that what she is doing is not correct, they have spoiled the life of Sugna.

I strongly think that now that they have shown her to be a widow, it would be good for them, not to show her pregnant. There sould be a limit  to her sufferings. They should now emphasis on widow re-marriage instead of making her suffer for her dadi's misdeeds. They dont need to dramatise the show just for the sake of TRPs.

They started the show on a good note but slowly they are making it just like any other serial. I agree that they could have shown a happy ending to the wedding celebrations, instead of taking such a bad U-Turn.

I think now they can make Sugna resume her studies and study further along with giving permission to Anandi and they re-marrying her. Showing her pregnant, would be the last nail in the coffin

Edited by dhawanashu - 27 February 2009 at 12:50am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top