Dance India Dance L'il Masters (DID L'il Masters)

Soumya: Jay is a bachcha!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

ShajitFan06

ShajitFan06

Posted: 26 February 2009 at 8:09am | IP Logged
After shaking a leg on the silver screen in Jab We Met, TV actress Soumya Tandon will seen hosting a reality show for the first time when she appears on Dance India Dance with co-host Jay Bhanushali. She spoke to us about this new turn in her career.

Why did you take up hosting?
Not many people know this, but I actually started my career with hosting. I used to work on a weekend business show on Zee News when I was in college. I simply love hosting.

But this would be your first time on a reality show...
Well, I've hosted many chat shows, but yes, this is the first time I will be hosting a reality show. But I am not nervous at all!

There have been rumours about you taking Tarana's place...
Talks about the show have been going on for quite a while now. But the rumours about replacing Tarana were fake. Tarana was always supposed to host only the auditions. When they approached me for the show, I said yes.

Have you followed the show earlier?
Yes, but don't ask me who my favourite is. That's very difficult to answer. These dancers are simply outstanding! Before I worked on this show, I used to think I was a good dancer. I've even learnt Kathak for four years and a bit of Salsa too. But ever since I've seen these people, I can tell you I don't even come close.

Controversies and reality shows go hand in hand. How comfortable are you with that?
Dance India Dance is different. It is purely about dancing. It is for people who have seriously taken up dancing as their profession, so there is no question of controversies. There may be some problems during eliminations as there is a lot of emotion involved, but I think I'll be able to handle that. Presence of mind is important in such a situation. A host should look comfortable as she needs to connect with people.

Who is your favourite host?
When I think about hosting, there are two names that come to mind immediately -- Mr Amitabh Bachchan and Farooque Sheikhji. Amitji because of his charisma, his style of talking and connecting to people, and Farooqueji because of how natural he was while hosting Jeena Isi Ka Naam Hai.

And how is your co-host Jay?
Jay is like a bachcha! He's very sweet and very cute. We don't interact much on-screen but off-screen, we do a lot of masti-mazaak.

Acting or hosting, what do you enjoy more?
That completely depends on the project. If I have to choose between hosting and acting in a daily soap, I would definitely take up hosting. But if I am given the chance to act in a film, then I would go for acting.

What else do you have coming up?
Right now, I am only concentrating on this. There is something in the pipeline but I can't reveal any details yet.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Soumya: Jay is a bachcha!" in Dance India Dance L'il Masters (DID L'il Masters) forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top