The circle of life : My view

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

CeruleanSky

IF-Rockerz

CeruleanSky

Posted: 26 February 2009 at 4:08am | IP Logged
Hello everybody !!!

In recent days there has been a lot of.....uthal-puthal lets say , in the forum - so many contrasting POVs have come up about Pratap's death , the whole issue of Phooli's "bringing" abshagun etc etc.....so I'm here to put in my two cents too!!!

[BTW : Some users here may not recognise me , but you do know me guys . Shreya here , Shubh_Aastha remember ? LOLLOLLOL]

About the whole 'abshagun' thing : I remember a user -darthdevidem - replied to a topic saying that the show does not support the superstition about a widow's bringing bad luck ,but that the show is just showing how such coincidences happen , and they're misinterpreted by people as 'abshagun' . I couldnt have agreed more with the said user's post . I was thinking about this , and its strange how people remember a widow's being present at an event only if something bad happens afterwards , but if nothing unfortunate occurs , then people dont remember that a widow was present and nothing untoward happened.

I mean , even Rani was constantly cursed by Krishna for being sterile and she called her karamjali and what not and even prevented her watching Anandi's wedding because "nobody wants to see a woman who has been rejected by her husband" .Even Phooli was watching Anandi's gauna , although discreetly.But did anything happen to Anandi or Jagya ??? No.But did anyone think that a girl who is supposed to bring bad luck was present and yet everything passed off well ? Nope , if something would have happened , then all fingers would have been pointed at Rani/Phooli - " its 'cause of you that all this happened "

What I'm trying to say is that I dont think the creative team is trying to reinforce these b*llsh*t [excuse the profanity please Tongue ] superstitions , but they're only showing how a simple thing is misconstrued as an ill omen , and how innocent girls are labelled as harbringers of bad luck.

I think that Phooli's presence was shown simply to reinforce the whole karma thing - Dadi-saa ranted at her for being a widow and everything , and voila ! Her grand son-in-law too passed away..The same thing , as you sow , you shall reap .

------------------------------------------------

About Pratap's death : There's been some bashing of the creatives going on too , which again I think is completely unwarranted . Pratap's death was a fact set in stone , and we all knew it from wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back . Remember Neha Marda's interview with Aaj Tak ? The interviewer had said then that Pratap was going to die and Sugna was going to get pregnant . And this was a long time back - in Nov 2008 . And I really dont think there's any need to curse the creative team . Rather , they need to be applauded , for they have NEVER deviated from the issue at hand - the reality of child marriages in India - from the very beginning of the show. Such cases where the child groom dies before the gauna happens are very common , I read in the newspaper that a huge percentage of child brides in Rajasthan become child widows every year.

I've been feeling horrible about Pratap's death too . The scene in yesterday's episode where his dad starts shaking really pierced me through to the core.And more than that , I'm feeling miserable for Sugna - who by all accounts did not deserve this.Neither did Bhairav and Sumitra ; nor Pratap and his parents .But once again I return to where I ended my analysis of the whole 'abshagun' thing : Karma . Its a sort of retribution for all the time Dadi-saa [ and by extension , Basant] have ever hurt any one.

We all would have loved it had P been alive and S's gauna would have taken place.The creatives very well know the popular opinion.But isnt it great that they havent yielded to popular pressure and that they did what they intended to do all along ? It shows they have set high standards for themselvesand thats why they stuck to the script , even at the cost of making viewers heartbroken and , in some cases , furious.Thats why the show is not a nonsensical one like other shows , where characters are bumped off at any moment , only to re-enter with plastic surgery / amnesia / a spouse and two kids.

Like the title of the post says , strictly MY opinion . You dont need to agree with what I think . I'd prefer it if you disagree with me , and reply in the same vein , so that I could discuss the whole thing with somebody who's PoV is different from mine.As long as you dont reply offensively - warna sab kuch chalta hai = )

Take care all !

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The circle of life : My view" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

chimuli

IF-Dazzler

chimuli

Posted: 26 February 2009 at 4:32am | IP Logged
hey dear very well said but u know still a large % of viewers who watch BV r illiterate n they may interpret things in wrong way na???tht cuz of phooli pratap died n they r not present here 2 hear ur view(which is good)
so they have 2 b much more careful na??
 i m new here....Smile

springsign29

springsign29

Posted: 26 February 2009 at 5:32am | IP Logged
i dont think ppl shld misinterpret wat the creatives trying to say, i really think the creatives shld be applauded and the way they handled with the death scene was also very sensibly....

mehraan

IF-Sizzlerz

mehraan

Posted: 26 February 2009 at 5:48am | IP Logged

very well writtn shubhaastha!!i agreed wid wat u hve said n infact writg in the othr threads 2, its dadisa who has alys been ranting abt traditions n customs, illtreatg phoolis parents during the rasama....humilating annadis parents n the inumerous tortures she beatowed on gehna sumittra n others......its like coming back 2 her inform of her granddaughter n now she will realize how it is wen the society n the othrs will treat her.......im not aggainst sugna,infact i wud have loved 2 c her gettg married 2 pratap n i did had tears wen he died...bt the whole aspect of tis is tat its a take on dadisa customs,rituals,her thoughts ...blahblah.....

truly said abt the karma stuff...as u sow,u shall reap!

wonderful post dear!

chen2chic

chen2chic

Posted: 26 February 2009 at 7:53am | IP Logged
A very well expressed analysis Shreya! Kudos!! I have not watched this serial from the beginning, but just from the last couple of months.
It is true that such coincidences occur and the blame is shifted on one unlucky person - the womenfolk.
In this case Phooli would probably be the first in line. And there are others waiting in line to be aimed at.
For eg. Next would be Anandi for encouraging such a friend.
Sumitra & Bhairav for not watching Suguna, esply Sumitra.
And then, Gehna may be heavily countered when the fact comes into forefront that she knew of Suguna's & Pratap's meetings.
And Suguna herself too. And we also do not know how Pratap's family will react to this? Though we do not expect them to be that harsh, still...After all, they have lost their only son.

Yday's episode was indeed a sad one, but with some cute things too. Suguna looked very cute and blushy. Pratap was impressive esply when he reminisces his times with Suguna. Gehna was very cute when she was all smiling. And Jagiya's dance was really cute while welcoming the baaraat.

darthdevidem

Groupbie

darthdevidem

Posted: 26 February 2009 at 11:01am | IP Logged
brilliant post

thanks for the quote btw lol.

But its true.....we only remember there to have been abshaguns if something bad happens.

they say if a girl writes her husbands name on her hand in mehendi...its a good shagun n the husband lives for long...sugna did that....but what was the result??

so good shaguns happened too..and bad ones too

the main thing the creative team is saying is....good n bad shaguns are meaningless....and are coincidental
_________

Also about bashing creatives.

imo fantastic plot twist......this plot twist resulted in BV TRPs be higher than Bidaai's in the latters honeymoon episodes.

also the creatives have once again shown a grim reality of barati buses being robbed...

Edited by darthdevidem - 26 February 2009 at 11:04am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top