Debate Mansion

Teaching Homosexuality in Schools.. (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 40

Page 1
Page   of 40
Page 3 Page 40

kabeeraspeaking

IF-Sizzlerz

kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 25 February 2009 at 3:40pm | IP Logged
Isn't this what Phys. Ed. classes in elementary/middle schools are for? Discussing sex, body-image, and other issues as such? I think homosexuality falls under the first heading, and these classes are to clear misconceptions/spread awareness. IMO, nothing wrong about talking homosexuality, as long as the teacher is not influencing the kids in any way, just like s/he doesn't influence kids when talking about sex in general, otherwise.

Originally posted by Gauri_3

Oh, wasn't there another issue recently where folks were rallying against this university teaching a course on homosexuality?

What's wrong with teaching a course on homosexuality? Confused I'm guessing most people who enroll in the course are aware of what they are taking, and adults at that.

(Not questioning you specifically LOL Just putting it out there.)

Edited by ftm_ca - 25 February 2009 at 3:40pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Teaching Homosexuality in Schools.. (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 25 February 2009 at 3:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anon

Not sure if this Particular debate has come before, you may close if it has/not appropriate.   Friends told me this debate was on news today - Can't find any news artices on it, must just have been discussion - not sure what channel here but:

Should Homosexuality be taught in schools? Absolutely not.

Apparently there one guy - and one girl debating this. The man was arguing yes it should be (as he was Gay) and the women was really against it (obviously a homophobe too sitting as far away from him as she could). Ahh, this generalization makes me wrinkle my nose in frustration.

Her debate was lame saying that Schools shoukd teach peace, kindness etc etc well its not like School's teach us to kick one anotherLOLLOL but what a waste anyways....
It has nothing to do with peace and kindness, gay"ism" (Sorry, RTH LOL) does not preach violence as far as I'm aware. There is, however, a very well formed counterargument against this practice, but bringing peace and kindness into it is ridiculous.

Obviously he was arguing for the motion. I can't remember his points since morning but basically i only remember he said that he learnt in the playground at school aged 7/8 what a lesbian was. That Kids should be educated in it rather than be told by parents its wrong etc etc.

So what, you also learn the "F" word at the age of 7/8, does it make it acceptable for kids to use it?

So your views? Should it be taught in schools - if yes from what age?
I don't think that homosexuality should be taught in schools, first of all because its outlawed in most states in the US ... sorry, not aware of worldwide views on gayism (Btw, Firefox is mad at me for using this term, it appears as misspelled every time I write it LOL). Anyways, if somethings that's outlawed is being preached in schools, I would think that it is unacceptable. If homosexuality is being taught, then why not all those other things that the government outlaws, ie, I dunno ... murder? Oh lord, I see a thousand spears coming my way at once. LOL

Of course, governmental policies usually aren't used to define ethics, so I'll shift gears now. Quite honestly, I'm scared of the day where Disney channel will decide to educate kids on this issue and perhaps then Zack and Cody won't be brothers, and Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus will be two different girls. Even today, I cringe when ABC family attempts to display its approval by showing long kissing scenes between two guys, call me homophobic if you will. Its just not something I can comprehend.

What I don't understand is why are those who practice homosexuality seeking approval from society? What is it that compels them to come out in public and repeatedly explain themselves. I don't care what they do behind closed doors, so just keep it there.

Fine let's say for a second (only for a second, okay?LOL) that homosexuality is something found in nature and maybe Adam and Steve can't help but have a thing for each other, okay? Now, can't we all agree that that is the exception rather than the rule? If something like this occurs in nature, and we accept it, that's fine, but why is there a need to make that exception a rule? Why are they so hell-bent on trying to promote this practice?

Teaching homosexuality in schools is simply another hidden agenda, aiming to seek followers, and attempting to seek approval. And that's what makes my blood rage.

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 25 February 2009 at 4:08pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 25 February 2009 at 5:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Teaching homosexuality in schools is simply another hidden agenda, aiming to seek followers, and attempting to seek approval. And that's what makes my blood rage.

I disagree.  It's not like teaching or preaching religion where more the better.  It's more about equality and removing misconceptions than looking for budding converts.  Like I said, if one is secured and confident about their orientation then they should not feel threatened by others.  If they are not secured or sure to begin with then they should have knowledge on their side so that they can figure out where on the spectrum do they fall.

I agree with WA what she has written.

We should really see what we are addressing here before going with thumb rule, education is good and everyone should know, helps develop, know whats going on around blah blah blah. Environment and upbringing plays a huge role in securing / building confidence in one's orientation. Have you heard that pig is not a pig unless the piggy environment teaches them to be/behave like pigs or kharbuje ko dekh kharbujey wali quote.  I have read and seen tons of articles on gayism is something that people are born with it, thats BS no proof orelse it wouldn't have taken time pronouncing "Congratts you have a gay boy" in nursing homes. If at all proved then let run tests on all, let see how many people in the WORLD are actually living a fake life?

If we really are all for it and support gayism then neither necrophilic or beastiality orientation studies should be left out...N and B people should be seen as someone not commiting social crime or sick, instead all should be happy for  those corpses and animals... they have a human who wants and cares for them eternally. 

Edited by raj5000 - 25 February 2009 at 6:00pm

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 25 February 2009 at 6:41pm | IP Logged
Before talking about teaching homosexuality in schools,
i 'd just like to know if heterosexuality is taught well enough .
Anyways,
People are finding it difficult to believe that homosexuality is not a disorder and we talk about teaching homosexuality  !  I guess the first thing people would be taught about homosexuality is that it leads to AIDs or something like God hates homosexuals . There will be various useless scientific or religious angles thrown in into such education and i guess we'd be educating children against homosexuality ! lol

Personally speaking, i don't think that the society is still broad minded enough or close minded enough (whatever way a certain individual wants to take it) to accept homosexuality , leave alone teaching it in school.There have been outcries against teaching (hetero)sex education , though heterosexuality is accepted by one and all .

One might say that homosexuality should be taught but before that we need the society's acceptance, after all it is the society we are catering to . If some people do not agree to it and you think it is not right, first we have to work to gain their acceptance, only then can we proceed .
Another problem that may arise is that the teachers teaching homosexuality might be against the phenomenon only (high probability), so rather than educating children they might confuse them .
Hence, i don't think that it is the right time to start teaching homosexuality in schools.

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 25 February 2009 at 7:20pm | IP Logged
WA ji , don't take offense if it creeps in by mistake lol

What I don't understand is why are those who practice homosexuality seeking approval from society? What is it that compels them to come out in public and repeatedly explain themselves. I don't care what they do behind closed doors, so just keep it there.

Does that mean whatever you do , you don't care if society wants to accept it or not ?

As regards what compels them to repeatedly explain themselves in public, the fact is they are not explaining their acts , they are just asking to be treated equally . They don't want you to take 2 steps backwards when you see them ,they want the society to know that they can also plays sports as well as others, they want to tell people that they are not monsters who jump onto any person of the same gender ;they want the society to come to a stage where a gay doesn't have to hide the fact that he is a gay;
 those are the kind of things they are asking for !!!They want people to get rid of the misconceptions that they have about gays ; in simple terms they want equality , and there's no harm in asking for that .

Fine let's say for a second (only for a second, okay?LOL) that homosexuality is something found in nature and maybe Adam and Steve can't help but have a thing for each other, okay? Now, can't we all agree that that is the exception rather than the rule? If something like this occurs in nature, and we accept it, that's fine, but why is there a need to make that exception a rule? Why are they so hell-bent on trying to promote this practice?

Why are you under this conception that they want to make it a rule or promote this practice ?Why don't you think that they are asking to be treated equally ?

Whats the problem if they are seeking approval from the society ?
And the thing you have said about "
Teaching homosexuality in schools is simply another hidden agenda, aiming to seek followers, " seems very strange to me , devoid of any logic .

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 25 February 2009 at 8:52pm | IP Logged

Not sure if this Particular debate has come before, you may close if it has/not appropriate.   Friends told me this debate was on news today - Can't find any news artices on it, must just have been discussion - not sure what channel here but:

Should Homosexuality be taught in schools?

Apparently there one guy - and one girl debating this. The man was arguing yes it should be (as he was Gay) and the women was really against it (obviously a homophobe too sitting as far away from him as she could).

Her debate was lame saying that Schools shoukd teach peace, kindness etc etc well its not like School's teach us to kick one anotherLOLLOL but what a waste anyways....

Obviously he was arguing for the motion. I can't remember his points since morning but basically i only remember he said that he learnt in the playground at school aged 7/8 what a lesbian was. That Kids should be educated in it rather than be told by parents its wrong etc etc.

No....no age...whats there to teach about something even medical science is tentative about..its like showing po*n as a part of sex education...

Agreed that Kids do pick up these words/meanings and attitudes from school - but is it necessary to teach it? I am a bit confused anyways - whats to teach? I mean what to say either apart from definition? Ok you could do it in PSHE classes where you discuss matters/issues and debate/discuss them, but personally i don't care about homosexual people and i would not want to learn anything about it. I am not a homophobe but would rather not hear about it/what they are doing or see it - keep it behind closed doors. Smile

Nice Views here shared by some

I know we have both Students and Parents here so i would love to hear from both sides. Parents would you rather teach your children and Students do you want to learn about it. If it was taught i am sure they were be huge outcry's from parents saying its wrong to teach it. Kids automatically pick up everything anyways so why teach it? i am not either and would just ignore it... believing they are not missing anything by just giving it a pass....Smile

Edited by qwertyesque - 25 February 2009 at 9:03pm

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 25 February 2009 at 9:01pm | IP Logged

Should Homosexuality be taught in schools? Absolutely not.

Apparently there one guy - and one girl debating this. The man was arguing yes it should be (as he was Gay) and the women was really against it (obviously a homophobe too sitting as far away from him as she could). Ahh, this generalization makes me wrinkle my nose in frustration.

It has nothing to do with peace and kindness, gay"ism" (Sorry, RTH LOL) does not preach violence as far as I'm aware. There is, however, a very well formed counterargument against this practice, but bringing peace and kindness into it is ridiculous.

So what, you also learn the "F" word at the age of 7/8, does it make it acceptable for kids to use it?

I don't think that homosexuality should be taught in schools, first of all because its outlawed in most states in the US ... sorry, not aware of worldwide views on gayism (Btw, Firefox is mad at me for using this term, it appears as misspelled every time I write it LOL). Anyways, if somethings that's outlawed is being preached in schools, I would think that it is unacceptable. If homosexuality is being taught, then why not all those other things that the government outlaws, ie, I dunno ... murder? Oh lord, I see a thousand spears coming my way at once. LOL

Of course, governmental policies usually aren't used to define ethics, so I'll shift gears now. Quite honestly, I'm scared of the day where Disney channel will decide to educate kids on this issue and perhaps then Zack and Cody won't be brothers, and Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus will be two different girls. Even today, I cringe when ABC family attempts to display its approval by showing long kissing scenes between two guys, call me homophobic if you will. Its just not something I can comprehend.

What I don't understand is why are those who practice homosexuality seeking approval from society? What is it that compels them to come out in public and repeatedly explain themselves. I don't care what they do behind closed doors, so just keep it there. thats cos they want to defile and outrage the society.. or get disapproval so that they can vindicate their belief....homosexuality is a perversion and people are taking liberties only cause medical science is veri tentative about it...there is hermaphrodites (hizras) for sure.. but all the rest is perversion...

Fine let's say for a second (only for a second, okay?LOL) that homosexuality is something found in nature and maybe Adam and Steve can't help but have a thing for each other, okay? Now, can't we all agree that that is the exception rather than the rule? If something like this occurs in nature, and we accept it, that's fine, but why is there a need to make that exception a rule? Why are they so hell-bent on trying to promote this practice? they think the whole population is ready to turn around.. and run out of the closet...what they dont know like themselves there arent many who see themselves otherwise.. and another funny stat... why are so many found is certain countries only...

Teaching homosexuality in schools is simply another hidden agenda, aiming to seek followers, and attempting to seek approval. And that's what makes my blood rage. yeah..same here,....just beat the gay crap out of these guys and straighten them....LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top