Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by: anon

<FONT size=2>Not sure if this Particular debate has come before, you may close if it has/not appropriate. </FONT>

<FONT size=2></FONT>
<FONT size=2>Friends told me this debate was on news today - Can't find any news artices on it, must just have been discussion - not sure what channel here but:</FONT>

<FONT size=2>Should Homosexuality be taught in schools? </FONT>

<FONT size=2>Apparently there one guy - and one girl debating this. The man was arguing yes it should be (as he was Gay) and the women was really against it (obviously a homophobe too sitting as far away from him as she could).</FONT>

<FONT size=2>Her debate was lame saying that Schools shoukd teach peace, kindness etc etc well its not like School's teach us to kick one another๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†but what a waste anyways....</FONT>

<FONT size=2>Obviously he was arguing for the motion. I can't remember his points since morning but basically i only remember he said that he learnt in the playground at school aged 7/8 what a lesbian was. That Kids should be educated in it rather than be told by parents its wrong etc etc. </FONT>

<FONT size=2>So your views? Should it be taught in schools - if yes from what age?</FONT>

<FONT size=2>Agreed that Kids do pick up these words/meanings and attitudes from school - but is it necessary to teach it? I am a bit confused anyways - whats to teach? I mean what to say either apart from definition? Ok you could do it in PSHE classes where you discuss matters/issues and debate/discuss them, but personally i don't care about homosexual people and i would not want to learn anything about it. I am not a homophobe but would rather not hear about it/what they are doingor see it - keep it behind closed doors. ๐Ÿ˜Š</FONT>

<FONT size=2>Nice Views here shared by some</FONT>

I know we have both Students and Parents here so i would love to hear from both sides. Parents would you rather teach your children and Students do you want to learn about it. If it was taught i am sure they were be huge outcry's from parents saying its wrong to teach it. Kids automatically pick up everything anyways so why teach it?

Interesting topic... In India teachers don't find time to teach ordinary stuff... ๐Ÿ˜› . Generally ordinary school students will study the reproduction cycle of butterfly, then frog..may be upto 9th standard..then in 10th standard...these lessons about human reproduction...will be skipped by the teachers..even if they teach..they teach it very fast...Imagine folks who studied in missionaries...My biology teacher..who happened to be a nun ..skipped this lesson..so we all studied from text book itself... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ....
This is the sorry state of affairs about normal things....wonder how...the extra syllabus about hetero..homo things are dealt...may be its not feasible...in ordinary hours alteast...may be folks need some extra hours ๐Ÿ˜› ....
Cheers,
Myth
Oh ok, wonder from where teaching about sexuality crossed the line to teach homosexuality, isn't learning about sexuality enough then adding different favors of sexuality (converts and what not) in education? Specially when as you said one is secured and confident about one's orientation. Education hai yaa maajaak.

I am not saying teach kids how homosexuals copulate.  My point is teaching respect towards homos as part of respecting diversity and clearing up the myths.  Don't see what are the problems there except for some phobia prevalent in a section of masses against gayism. 

Dart in the air is what you are throwing, can pig look like cow๐Ÿ˜† everyone knows that... i meant the behaviour pattern influcenced by environment, essence of dart is imp๐Ÿ˜‰. It's nothing to do with insecurity, check how many turn with being homos after leading a normal lifestyle, its nothing to do with security or insecurity. Natural orientation๐Ÿ˜† it might not be termed as evil as not natural by all means, now whatever u call it.

Mind elaborating your piggy example then.  What point were you trying to make there?  You said pig is not a pig unless piggy env teaches them.  I say you remove a pig from his piggy env but it will still remain a pig. 

Gayism is not "environmental" for most gays.  The ones who are gays by choice and not because that is their natural orientation, well - it again is their personal choice.  I would not comment on that either or ridicule them on it.  But for those who actually do feel naturally inclined towards opposite sex, it's brutal to call them names and ridicule them for something they have no control over.

That is right and favors my arguement more then yours, there is nothing like being naturally homo, one of the major factor is influences and environment / life experiences, all ends in sexual preferences that can vary vastly, am sure you know now what is normal and what is NOT as far as sexual preferences goes๐Ÿ˜‰?

My point was and is --- If we can't assess whether one is born homo then we can't assess either that they are born hetero either.  Being homo does not make them look different in any ways.  They are still as human as any other hetero.  In very few cases people turn to being homos because of some traumatic childhood experiences --- just like very few turn psycho or schiznophrenic.  You can't bas a general perception on homosexuality based on such outliers. 

There is no scientic theory clash in this case, whatever scientist came up with was permutations / combinations, based on who turned gay and did not, there is NO proof. Again, Whole sets of experiments had no scientific proof. Am sure that experiements also must be done keeping some political or personal interests in mind.

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† I think so far, it's the second hand treatment meted out to this community that is driven by political and politicians' personal interests.  Take the prejudiced vote bank away and you'll see a different picture.  Just because homos are in minority, the majority i trampling them down. 

Originally posted by: raj5000

I understand that reaction coming from someone who just gave it a go to start with, without any substance, just for the heck of it and now looking for some ground to hold onto๐Ÿ˜†...so no worries๐Ÿ˜‰

[/quote]

Whatever๐Ÿ˜Š  How does this prove YOUR point though๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by Gauri_3 - 15 years ago

@ Raj --- Boss, colors to samajh aatey hain per hum itna bada bada aur bold font mein kyoon likh rahey hain๐Ÿ˜†  Kaheen tumhey bhi toh designer frames ki latt naheen lagi hui๐Ÿคฃ
Thanks for everyone for views, will reply to them tomorrow - no time....

@ RTH - yeah lolsss not teaching how to be gay - hahaha nice analogy hehe - yeah simply beause ther eis not enough characters to ask the Q in Subject like the one in the Post.

On Gay Gene Debate - Well something must make you prefer your own Gender. Hormones kick in @ Puberty so anyways will debate this one whether am for yah against this edebate later.

Waise Society defines 'norms' - so anything against the normal therefore is unnatural/Weird etc etc

If Gayism was deemed 'normal' /Acceptable- we would all be engaging in it but we are NOT. Sexual intercourse is by nature - not man made - so well trying to be polite here but well the way Gay people 'do it' = unnatural because it goes against Nature. And this Nature dates back to beginning of time from Humans and Animals.

BTW Do we have gay animals - just wondering? LOL

Anyways gayism had discussion with friends - was winding the guys up but they shudder literally at thought of joke i made at them.I guess each genders understands their own as debate stemmed from me and another friend saying Men were hard to understand...( we were outnumbered tho 2 girls vs 4 guys)...and thats why there are gays lol because they understand own sex better than other sex hehe....but anyways they say girls are hard to understand but i guess both are hard to understand lol anywyas thts me going off on one hehe...

Its Majority Vs Minority - so if majority is hetrosexual then ?

Anyways lots too say no time maybe later...

EDIT - Forgot main point - i know i agree teachers doalways try and teach things unbiased-ly but there is just NOT enough time to teach properly - only time really is these PSHE classes we have....๐Ÿ˜ณ We already have too much to do ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Edited by anon - 15 years ago
raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Gauri_3

@ Raj --- Boss, colors to samajh aatey hain per hum itna bada bada aur bold font mein kyoon likh rahey hain๐Ÿ˜†  Kaheen tumhey bhi toh designer frames ki latt naheen lagi hui๐Ÿคฃ

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† where is ma pink lungi ๐Ÿ˜† @ font - I don't know, I think I started it..ma bad...didn't realize. Next response me fix kardu gaa... havn't read.. stuck till later, will respond...thoda time miley toh. ๐Ÿ˜Š 
Edited by raj5000 - 15 years ago
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Thanks for everyone for views, will reply to them tomorrow - no time....

@ RTH - yeah lolsss not teaching how to be gay - hahaha nice analogy hehe - yeah simply beause ther eis not enough characters to ask the Q in Subject like the one in the Post.

On Gay Gene Debate - Well something must make you prefer your own Gender. Hormones kick in @ Puberty so anyways will debate this one whether am for yah against this edebate later.

Waise Society defines 'norms' - so anything against the normal therefore is unnatural/Weird etc etc its not society just nature...nature considers the act of homophilia is more unnatural  if you pay attention to the acts these pervs indulge in.....and most of them in the pair look disgusting!!

If Gayism was deemed 'normal' /Acceptable- we would all be engaging in it but we are NOT. Sexual intercourse is by nature - not man made - so well trying to be polite here but well the way Gay people 'do it' = unnatural because it goes against Nature. And this Nature dates back to beginning of time from Humans and Animals. yeah cause and effect has some say in this matter otherwise we would be stuffing food up the wrong end.. in order to get nourishment!!!๐Ÿ˜†

BTW Do we have gay animals - just wondering? LOL which ones are you talking about the gay men!!?๐Ÿ˜†

Anyways gayism had discussion with friends - was winding the guys up but they shudder literally at thought of joke i made at them.I guess each genders understands their own as debate stemmed from me and another friend saying Men were hard to understand...( we were outnumbered tho 2 girls vs 4 guys)...and thats why there are gays lol because they understand own sex better than other sex hehe....but anyways they say girls are hard to understand but i guess both are hard to understand lol anywyas thts me going off on one hehe...

Its Majority Vs Minority - so if majority is hetrosexual then ? Its not majority or minority its hand and glove kinda situation... have you seen somebody wear a glove over his head or foot!!! you are to put things where they dont belong...๐Ÿ˜†

Anyways lots too say no time maybe later...

EDIT - Forgot main point - i know i agree teachers doalways try and teach things unbiased-ly but there is just NOT enough time to teach properly - only time really is these PSHE classes we have....๐Ÿ˜ณ We already have too much to do ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Edited by qwertyesque - 15 years ago
raj5000 thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Edit - Fixed font colors and size . Ansh1 - Red, RTH1 - Pink, (Gauri-blue), Ansh2 - beige.
raj5000 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

I am not saying teach kids how homosexuals copulate.  My point is teaching respect towards homos as part of respecting diversity and clearing up the myths.  Don't see what are the problems there except for some phobia prevalent in a section of masses against gayism. 

Why leave how homosexual copulate (yikes is it even called copulate or have s*x oops SEX? no more desi escapism๐Ÿ˜†)? Isn't that the basis or driving factor of homosexual orientation? Problem is - Why to needlessly inculcate something in Georges/Georgias mind that he might feel the need to rediscover himself, SEXUALLY (abnormal), when this rediscovery has a possibility of adding one more to the count. Individuals respect is something everyone should be aware and know, right from childhood, infact I don't understand why some (other then gays) need to force this gay respect all of a sudden. Who is not respecting them? Go do whatever they want, against whatever, who cares as long as they don't encouraged to a point of canvassing gayism -   "We are Gays, You might be Gay, Come with US, Try it Once and Hey see, you too are Gay"

Mind elaborating your piggy example then.  What point were you trying to make there?  You said pig is not a pig unless piggy env teaches them.  I say you remove a pig from his piggy env but it will still remain a pig. 

No point, unless you too literally elaborate the mind and see what that means outside the literals.  

1.Gayism is not "environmental" for most gays.  The ones who are gays by choice and not because that is their natural orientation, well - it again is their personal choice.  2.I would not comment on that either or ridicule them on it.  3. But for those who actually do feel naturally inclined towards opposite sex, it's brutal to call them names and ridicule them for something they have no control over.

1.Then what is? Chalo atleast you agree, there are gays without any natural orientation involved.

2.Why not? It is very important here, am spending no time for nothing lol, will you support or stay on the fence or go against?  (Respect for individual choice, is assumed).

3.U meant bisexuals? Welll' I am assuming that is a typo...u meant same sex' no one is holding their hand and sending them to caravass, only thing is we cann't encourage such change of preferances, when its all seems like mind game or self controll, once we do, there is long line of people with weird agendas waiting for approvals from society/law.

My point was and is --- If we can't assess whether one is born homo then we can't assess either that they are born hetero either.  Being homo does not make them look different in any ways.  They are still as human as any other hetero.  In very few cases people turn to being homos because of some traumatic childhood experiences --- just like very few turn psycho or schiznophrenic.  You can't bas a general perception on homosexuality based on such outliers. 

My point was for people who believe being gay is natural and proven by science. OK everything adds up, IMO. Humans??who said humans cann't be off beat or have abnormal sexual preferances..oh come on now, u r making me feel bad for no reason.  

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†I think so far, it's the second hand treatment meted out to this community that is driven by political and politicians' personal interests.  Take the prejudiced vote bank away and you'll see a different picture.  Just because homos are in minority, the majority i trampling them down. 

LOLss isn't it better off that way, economy crisis sounds better then saving extinct human species  ๐Ÿ˜‰

Edit - fixed font, quotes remain as it is, Gauri - red, Ansh - blue

@ Raj: From your posts, one thing that becomes quite apparent is that you are against homos because they indulge in "unnatural s*x".  Well, that would put whole bunch of heteros in a soup too.  Many do indulge in anal and oral varieties and enjoy it too - and that too with their legally wedded spouses.  How come these forms only become a problem when practiced by homos? 

If you support the discriminatory treatment of homos when it comes to marriage and other civil rights then you should also start canvassing for banning all birth control products, make any alternative form of s*x between heteros illegal, and ban indulgence in se*ual activity for other than reproductive objectives in mind.

There, tell me what you have to say on above points.  And remember, if you support s*x for pleasure amongst heteros, not opposed to different forms of acts practiced by heteros other than how god actually intended for human beings (per your side's repeated claims) then it would seem like what's good for the goose ain't good for the gander๐Ÿ˜‰  Bahut soch samajh ker jawab dena, boss.
raj5000 thumbnail

Chill. and take ur time.. we are at it, do we get some grade points now? 

BTW Do we have gay animals - just wondering? LOL

Yes, it seems somewhere it was like, getting rid of bad gene, it is a good practice... I  don't remember exactly what that meant.