Twilight
Twilight

India-Forums

‘Eclipse’ Release Date How Do the Twilighters Feel

EkPaheli IF-Stunnerz
EkPaheli
EkPaheli

Posted: 25 February 2009 at 2:28am | IP Logged

'Eclipse' Gets a Release Date - But How Do the Twilighters Feel?

In case you haven't heard, the "Eclipse" release date has been leaked. And my honest thoughts? I could put a hundred more G's after my "OMG!" and it wouldn't even begin to convey them.

Okay, Twilighters, here's the good news: You've made it to prime time. The release date is in late June, prime tentpole territory typically reserved for the likes of Will Smith, superheroes and hundred-million-dollar Michael Bay movies. No more of these November, let's-hope-we-catch-the-teens-while-they're-home-for-the-holidays release dates for you guys. In fact, a quick peek at the 2010 release schedule shows that "Eclipse" will be butting heads with such heavyweights as "Prince of Persia," "Toy Story 3" and Jackson Rathbone's "The Last Airbender."

Unfortunately, there's also some bad news: Eyebrows were raised among the fans when the "New Moon" release date was announced as being a year after "Twilight" arrived in theaters. Now, "Eclipse" will hit screens a mere seven months after "New Moon." Figuring in the roughly three months that Chris Weitz required to prepare the second film, that gives the director of the third movie barely four months to shoot it, edit it, get the special effects up to speed and put the film in theaters.

Of course, if a director other than Weitz is chosen to film "Eclipse," he or she could have longer to prepare the movie. But any "Twilight" fan would be right to be a bit concerned about the new date – because, as Hollywood has shown us time and time again, hastily-made sequels like "Legally Blonde 2," "Conan the Destroyer" and the "Saw" films often, well, suck.

The advantage of "Eclipse," obviously, is that the text is already written – and amongst the Twilighters, it's perfect just as it is. Stay tuned to MTV as we'll keep following all the details on "The Twilight Saga" films in the months (and now years!) to come.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Rakshu-

hrithikluvr Senior Member
hrithikluvr
hrithikluvr

Posted: 26 February 2009 at 3:00pm | IP Logged
i can't wait to see eclipse...i think it will be great and idon't think it's  rushed because it's not like they have to write the whole script
noha450 IF-Rockerz
noha450
noha450

Posted: 26 February 2009 at 7:15pm | IP Logged
i cant wait to see breaking dawnDay Dreamingin new moon edward is not even theire ....hardly a few scenesOuch
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top