Page 9 of 19

netra_rama

IF-Rockerz

netra_rama

Posted: 22 March 2009 at 9:32am | IP Logged

Continue of duet round!! Special guest Singer Kalpana 

Mansi & Krithika
Song : Vandhen Vandhen (Panjatanthiram)

Both gals seriya potti ClapClap Excellent. I truly enjoyed both of them. Had been laughing as the song reminded me on ramya and simran dance. Good job gals !! Thumbs Up I noticed both Prasanna and vijay nicely enjoyed it ROFLROFL

Prasanna : he was actually expecting both of them for this show and both did good some, but he bit sad because they look at sriram and sing ROFL

Chitra - Excellent performance

Vijay - they hv selected hard song but did great job and his worried as now everyone is getting better and elimination is goin to be more hard for him.

Sashwati & Srinivass
Song : Swasame swasme Yenna solla (Thenali

Good but i did not enjoy much as female for that song, umm Ermm did not reach the umm i duno how to say. sory just my thought only naa Embarrassed

Prasanna :  He said super performances

Chitra : good improvement, and for sashwati, some part her voice was down and certain tune did not match.

Vijay : this is quite a hard song, and even if there are few mistakes, the performance was good.

Balaji & Ramesh
Song : Kathukulla (Thalapatty)

Both were ok.. but i personally felt the kick in the song .. i mean the urchagam was not there naa. Something was wrong. Both were singing for the sake of singing madhiri thonuchu.Ouch Towards the end suddenly Ramesh just stop singing ShockedShocked Seem he forget his line and he just stop.  Vijay advise even though they forget line or make small mistake, but to just carry on with the performance instead of stopping like that.

Prasanna : he is feeling bad for ramesh because he had likes his performance in past rounds but today he really over expected, but today was was just ok. Ramesh look like no confident at all.

Chitra : she knew he could have sing better but only today just no confident on him.

Vijay : did not give much comments.

Gayithri & Anand
Song : Vaadi vaadi nathakattai

Both did good job... Wink

Prasanna : praised anand for improvement. He did well and gayithri had some pitching problem but besides that, every thing was fine.

Chitra : Singing & performance was great, gayithri singing to had improve and good expression.

Vijay : Both did good performance  with lot of confident.

Mathangi call out 6 names first, Varshini, ramesh, al rufian, gayithri, bargavi and srinivass. Before announcing, she did mention this result is going to be a shocking one. Indeed she was. I was Shocked when she said everyone got eliminated!!! ShockedShockedShockedShocked  Bargavi's mother said she had to say something and told them not to take it as her mother, but personally she notice her pair till the end did not practise with her at all!! how can bargavi then know how his pitch is gonig to be? Vijay understand the situation and said past  is past, but what he can do is right now his offering Bargavi and Al rufian to come for voice test and to join in his group for singing Clap

Edited by netra_rama - 22 March 2009 at 3:46pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sun TV - Athiradi Singer (Page 9)" in Tamil Reality Shows forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

thiags

thiags

Posted: 22 March 2009 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
What a ridiculous show this is.

Why the heck the eliminate good singer srinivas.

I am totally disappointed. Can some one reply is the elimination is based on judge or public voting.

The worst show show i ever watched after seeing 6 elimination in a round..

Why the f.................... srinivas got eliminated. In my opinion he is one of the best singer out there and he got eliminated.

Is some one playing politics in the show.

Athiradi singer was good before the last week. How ever this week from on it sucks.

Erode mahesh, try to find some other good show to show your talent. I am regret for u.

After this episode it is a piece of crap.

vaalpaiyyan

vaalpaiyyan

Posted: 22 March 2009 at 12:40pm | IP Logged
Here are my thoughts about the eliminated candidates:

1) Varshini

She has a great voice, but lacked heavily on the performance side. I suspected earlier that she would get eliminated. That's exactly what happened.

2) Gayathri:

She should consider herself very lucky for making it again after being eliminated earlier. She did decently. Her singing wasn't great yesterday and so was her performance. This is a fair decision as well.

3) Ramesh:

He started off with a bang and was very like-able. Unfortunately for him, he forgot the lyrics and paid the penalty. The other song that sung yesterday was also awesome. I felt bad for his "soga kadhai". Once again this decision is also understandable.

4) Bhargavi:

I thought her singing and performance was better in this round compared to the earlier ones. Disappointed that she got eliminated. But I didn't see her getting past in the future rounds either. She has a narrow voice segment which makes her voice suitable only for certain songs. She seemed pretty happy after her mother argued and negotiated a chance with Vijay Antony. I thought that was ridiculous. Again a reality show crap!

5) Srinivas:

What a voice! He is a great talent, but performed very little. I knew in the end he would get eliminated because of lack of performance, but not this early in the game. You could clearly tell that he was not at this best yesterday.

I am sure that he has a wonderful future.

6) Al Rufian:

I was shocked by the decision to eliminate him. The decision defied all logic. Here's a guy who gave his 100% in every round. He was innovative, delivered stunning performances every time and sang very well too. His performance with Dorothy was just mind blowing. Whoah! If there is some negative about him, he did not sing any melody songs (or old/carnatic songs). The judges may have seen this as a weakness and may have concluded that he is not versatile.

But I do have a small hunch that they would bring him back (like what happened to Gayathri).

I look forward to your comments.

~*Thamizhan*~

Viewbie

~*Thamizhan*~

Posted: 22 March 2009 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by thiags

I am totally disappointed. Can some one reply is the elimination is based on judge or public voting.

Is some one playing politics in the show.

Welcome to the forum thiags!

The judgement (elimination) is not decided by the judges (this was hinted by Chitra in one of the previous episode). As you've mentioned, public voting is another possible way of judging the participants, but if this is the case then they should let the audience know about this!

Politics? I don't know and I hope not!

~*Thamizhan*~

Viewbie

~*Thamizhan*~

Posted: 22 March 2009 at 2:32pm | IP Logged

Vaalpaiyyan,

Your thoughts about the eliminated candidates are (2/3) similar to mine.

Al rufian was an average singer (last round) and an awesome performer. I wasn't really disappointed with the elimination of Al rufian, but I do hope that they bring him back (with Bhargavi) to make us all happy.Big smile Srinivas, too.

Bhargavi impressed me more than any other contestants in the first half of the duet round. Her elimination was a big shock to me, but what made me more angry was that reasons were not given as to why these candidates were eliminated?! What kind of a show/ judgement is this without any evidence?!Angry

~*Thamizhan*~

Viewbie

~*Thamizhan*~

Posted: 22 March 2009 at 2:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kmrpry05

I am so shocked for Al Rufian. I have no idea why he would be eliminated. I can't think of any reason... I was so anxious to see what he will do in the next round! I am very disappointed! The show will not be same without him.

They would have pointed out the reasons, only if they had any!

vaalpaiyyan

vaalpaiyyan

Posted: 22 March 2009 at 3:20pm | IP Logged

Thamizhan, Could you, please, elaborate on when exactly did Chitra give this hint? I missed this completely.

Edited by vaalpaiyyan - 22 March 2009 at 3:21pm

vaalpaiyyan

vaalpaiyyan

Posted: 22 March 2009 at 3:37pm | IP Logged
I agree with Thamizhan's comments. Specific reasoning would be great. Judgment with out evidence is somewhat harsh.

As far as Srinivas' case is concerned, he was great, but he just can't be the "Athiradi Singer" without providing a stellar performance overall. However, they should have, at least, let him survive for a few more rounds purely because of his high quality singing. His elimination this early did come as a shock to me. I would definitely be elated if he is brought back.

But as far as Bhargavi is concerned, I think she has already gotten what she had probably hoped out of this participation.

I thought Al Rufian was a total package. So his elimination is a shocker.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top