Tamil  Reality Shows

Sun TV - Athiradi Singer (Page 17)

Post Reply New Post

Page 17 of 19

vaalpaiyyan

vaalpaiyyan

Posted: 23 April 2009 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
All,

The last show was very enjoyable. I thought the starting dance was just a "space filler". I just didn't enjoy it at all

1) "Namesake" Mathangi: This was clearly her best performance so far. To do this at the right time was very impressive. I thought she sang great. It was nearly flawless. Her gesture of pretending to drink water (Clearly she didn't drink it) was very commendable. Smart performance indeed. She really has a good shot at winning the "Athiradi Singer" if Mansi makes a mess of her final opportunity.

2) Shakti: Very creative performance in terms of singing and performing a medley. But there were obvious flaws in the singing. But overall I have enjoyed his performance. He may get an award, but I don't see him winning the "Athiradi singer" title. Both Mathangi and Mansi are way ahead of him. But Shakti would be ahead of Anand from a versatility and a performance standpoint.

Given the previous stunning performances, I am betting on Mansi to win the title. Hey but stranger things have happened. "Namesake" Mathangi would be my second choice.

Shall we have a quick vote on who we think is going to be the Athiradi Singer?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sun TV - Athiradi Singer (Page 17)" in Tamil Reality Shows forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

vaalpaiyyan

vaalpaiyyan

Posted: 23 April 2009 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by suryaindia90

Mathangi - Lucky to have made to the finals.

Surya,

Welcome to the forum. It is nice to have you here.

I have to disagree with you regarding your statement on "Namesake" Mathangi being lucky. I see the following pluses in her.

1) Her song selections were always thoughtful
2) A performance that was generally in-line with the chosen song
3) She was always consistent in delivering a good performance
4) Being creative and spontaneous
5) Dressing and presenting herself appropriately
6) A good talent at mimicry as well
7) Strong confidence

Overall she was was very well rounded. Though she didn't deliver stunning performances and WOW me like Mansi, she was very consistent in delivering a solid performance. I think that is why she came into the finals, not because of luck.

Edited by vaalpaiyyan - 23 April 2009 at 12:20pm

kmrpry05

kmrpry05

Posted: 23 April 2009 at 8:02pm | IP Logged
I bet on Mansi or Anand.

~*Thamizhan*~

Viewbie

~*Thamizhan*~

Posted: 25 April 2009 at 9:46am | IP Logged
SPOILER - Final Results! [highlight to read]
RUNNER UP - Mathangi
ULTIMATE ATHIRADI SINGER 2009 - Mansi

OTHER AWARDS
Best Performance (male) - Al ruffian
Best Performance (female) - Krithikka
Favourite Contestant - Dorothy
Most Entertaining Contestant - Rajesh
Most Confident Contestant - Ramesh
Most Confident Contestant - Thaithis
Versatile Singer (male) - Sakthi
Versatile Singer (female) - Bhargavi
Best Voice (female) - Saashwathy
Best Voice (male) - Anand

Edited by ~*Thamizhan*~ - 25 April 2009 at 9:54am

netra_rama

IF-Rockerz

netra_rama

Posted: 25 April 2009 at 6:26pm | IP Logged
25.04.2009 FINALS

Opening by a group of girls dancing for the song Mugundha Mudhuda. Very nice and sweet the dance.

Anand
Song : Anbe Anbe (Jeans)

Ive always liked this song, but somehow i did not enjoy this time. Not sure if its the singer or if its the band that played the music Ouch

Prasanna : quite dissaoppointed as the song good but he did not bring the life in that song.

Chitra : his ending notes were not clear, some sangavis was not correct, overall nice song and she enjoyed it.

Vijay : ooppssi did not hear his comments Embarrassed

Mansi

Song : Deiva thanda poovae (can't remember the movie name, Madhavan simran and parthiban daughter...), combine with aiyo pathikittchi (rythem), Sirichi sirichi seena thanna doo (Vasool Raja MBBS)

Mansi, ive no comments, she once again proff to be super singer.. gosh her voice for deiva thanda poovae .. adhedaaaaaa... super. and then she made a bang for aiyo pattikittchi Embarrassed.... ummmmm

Vijay : No words to say, cud not even give comments as that much he was impressed. Calls her kutty pisasu. vijay thought Brinney spears came and dance LOL

Prasanna : Bless her that one day she will become a good singer. His amazed with her.

chitra : Keeps silent a while and then shouted "OMG what a mind blowing performance yaar..." Smile

The following award was given : - (sorry sri, lazy to type so am copy pasting it here LOL)

Best Performance (male) - Al ruffian
Best Performance (female) - Krithikka
Favourite Contestant - Dorothy
Most Entertaining Contestant - Rajesh
Most Confident Contestant - Ramesh
Most Confident Contestant - Thaithis
Versatile Singer (male) - Sakthi
Versatile Singer (female) - Bhargavi
Best Voice (female) - Saashwathy
Best Voice (male) - Anand

Athiradi singer's

SECOND RUNNER UP : MATHANGI

ATHIRADHI SINGER OF 2009 :
Party Party Party  MANSI

Edited by netra_rama - 25 April 2009 at 7:25pm

suryaindia90

suryaindia90

Posted: 26 April 2009 at 6:19am | IP Logged

Hello Friends,

The grand finale of athiradi singer was spectacular.   Opened with an excellent dance performance by Surajit group.

Anand  :  He was awesome and brilliant singing & performance.   Expressions were par excellence.   Deserved to have got the Best Male Voice award.  He has improved on his dancing skill during the show.  I really liked his voice.  Mr Vijay Anthony was right in saying that his voice is ready for recording and would soon call him for the voice test. 

Mansi  :   She was superab and gave a mind blowing performance.  She was very intelligent in her song selection.  She started with Oru Deivam thantha poove a classical song and switched over to western song Aiyoo Pathikuchu from Rhythm and finished with Sirichu Sirichu vandal from Vasoolraja MBBS.  She did not sing Oru Deivam thantha poove as per the original format but instead improvised with the freelance singing and it was a superab effort.  I really admire her confidence and the way she carried herself on the stage. I am sure Mr A R Rahman or Mr Harris Jayaraj  would have seen this episode and would call her for the recording soon.   She is really to become one of the leading singer cum performer in the music world.   Mr Vijay Anthony was right in calling her Kutti Pisasu.  

In the whole show I also liked the singing of  Anand, Srinivas, Bhargavi, Shashwathi, Kiritka, Alrufein, Krishna.   We can expect all these singers to rule the tamil music industry soon.

It was right decision to give the title to Mansi due to her song selection and excellent consisent performance through out the show. 

We felt sorry that we may not get   a chance to watch this show from next week.

We should continue this page for some more time to give her thought on the show.   

mitho

Groupbie

mitho

Posted: 26 April 2009 at 9:52am | IP Logged
Feel happy 4 Mansi she was really great. Smile

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 27 April 2009 at 12:32am | IP Logged
Congrats to the winners

Thanks for the updates

Post Reply New Post