Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil

Thoughts - 23rd Feb (A Critique on Kis Desh?)

-funnfrolic- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Ok guys, I really dont know what to say or write... I really dont know where to begin. Having a massive headache right now, thinking.... that I cant think any more or rack my brains on this show any more.

Because you know something, this show is not going to improve. This show will never regain its lost glory. I dont think the creatives are really interested in knowing what we want for if, they were, they would have pulled their socks by now.

After 2 critical analysis's on this show, i really dont know what else to write. If 2 critical analysis plus a couple of brickbats in every episode hasnt helped them, then nothing can and nothing will.

I, for one, can not imagine why is it so difficult to go back to the basics. Why is it so difficult, to weave a simple story. Why is it so easy, that every damn show of balaji has to start on a good note, reach a height and then go downswing at a faster rate than it came up.

The editing still sucks and needs a lot to be improved. The ever classic dialogue is missing. The one-ness, the camaraderie that existed in the show, the chemistry between the actors is all gone. Its seems as if the actors are not enjoying what they are doing. The excitement on their face is missing, The energy, the youthfulness, the vibrance is all missing and has dissaapeared into thin air. The passion that could be seen earlier in the show is lacking.

Character Dissaapearances still seem to be the theme of the day. Unresolved Tracks still need to be resolved.

Its supposed to be a love story - very different from the regular rona dhona and the saas bahu khitpit but alas it remains just that - A Saas Bahu Crap.

I dont think the story writers and the creatuves have a goal in sight and know where they want the story to head. Else how can one explain too many loopholes and unresolved tracks in a span of nearly a year. Instead of working on unresolved tracks the creatives seem to be wanting to add more masala to hook the audience... please gimme a break!!

Never look back and think of those who have made you, never look down to see where you have come from and yep, be ever so ungrateful as you can. Else how can one explain, Lalits reaction in not remembering his friend even once after prem and heer got married and this is a friend he is indebted to for life – a friend who gave his entire earnings so that he , lalit could start life afresh.

Which reminds me, whatever happenned to the land that heer owned? It would have been a cool track to show that piece of land helped the Juneja's start life afresh.

I dont know whether I am watching a show, or I am watching a new episode of some episodic serial every day. The show is so illogical that I cant rack my brains any more...How else can one explain the following :

a) Veera had hotels in her name, whatever happenned to the hotels that Prem owned? If they were in prems name - unless it was the case of either/or survivor, how can those properties be girvikaroed to some third/fourth party
b) How can the househ to girvi karoed to a third/fourth party, if the house was not in preets name; which I dont think the house was in Preets Name
c) Lalit recently was shown to some some savings; if lalit had these savings, couldnt these be used to help get the property/house back?
d) What was the whole sense of Heer getting married to RR to get the property/house back from the Juneja's when they already have a house in Ambala?

I don't think the story writers themselves are aware as to how they want the story to shape and going by the current track, it seems too run of the mill kinds.

Too many cooks spoil the broth but in Kis Desh Main Hai Mera Dil, too many characters spoil the plot! Can some one tell me why are new characters are being introduced when there is major chunk of the storyline they can work upon. New characters are being shown, characters who will soon disaapear for the creatives will not know how to handle the plot. What was the whole sense of the simran, sanjana, RR, dheer and kuljeet angle.

and yeah, where are daijaan, savitri kaki, harman, doves and jugni. I really want to know.

Where the freshness, the cuteness and the romance.

The creatives it seens are trying to create a magic of their success story here in this show and they seem to forget that this show has its own USP and they should encash upon it. Oh they are lost for sure. They dont know how to hold on and retain freshness and think that the tried and tested do the trick. Nopes thats not the way things work - atleast not any more. The competitors seemed have realized it and have cashed on it. They innovate something that balaji doesnt want to do and if they do, they are too scared to constantly innovate and improvise.

The Loopholes in the story are many and the character sketch very confusing. I expected more out of the story line in particular. The last thing one wants to do after a hard days of work is to sit on the television and cry along with Heer or then bang their heads against the wall wondering - whatever happenned to the show?

Whatever happenned to the cute and subtle teasing between prem and heer. What happened to the chemistry that existed? What happenned to the camarederie?What about prems cute expressions, heers sensitivity? Whatever happenned to the prem and heer ?

Wouldn't it be fun had this continued to be a romanic show? Sadly, think the balaji creative team got a little too ambitious and decided to try the tried and tested formula... but somebody please tell them that the tried and tested formula doesnt work all the times as all factors have to be taken into consideration. It isnt necessary, what works well for one has to work well for others. It doesnt work that way. (Its good to take risk and a greatness of the person lies in the fact, to the extent that they are able to stand up to their own conviction. )

Alas, kis desh main hai mera dil isn't about falling in love any more.Its not about responsibility, Its not about loving your family.  It's about  revenge and hey where are the emotions gone? Its now about the quest to reach the top, the quest to ruin anothers life at the expense of losing your smile and your soul....

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

maya123 thumbnail

Misty,

Like you said this show is going no-where.

Imagine watching amir khan in ghajni without understanding why he is doing what he is doing!!!. People would have walked out of the movie!!

It has been more than two months since Prem's return and almost 4 months since he disappeared and we still do not know anything about Prem. RR entered the serial almost 6? months ago and we still do not know the reason for his grudge against the junejas.

Since Heer's so called departure in was it around june-july 08  this team has not known how to proceed with the story and they have only used stunts/suspense to move the serial forward. 

But having stepped back from the serial over the last few days, I have realised that their current track on Preet being fired is quite  a real one for the BT staff.

It must be difficult for the KDMHMD team to come to work knowing that many many of their friends/colleagues that they have known for years maybe without a job after all the serials come to an end.

I do not like the storyline at present; but I cannot imagine what it must feel like to be in their shoes. So for that alone I salute their spirit for coming to work everyday. It must not be easy.

Maya

najch thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Misty I agree with you, and I feel your frustration.  The truth is these people who creates these shows will never improve.  Firstofall they need to go to film schools, especially the writers.  The writing is so amateurish - that's why the characters aren't being utilized and new characters are bein brought everyday - cause they don't know what to do with them.  I have lost hope for this show long ago.  And don't know what to say...whatever is left of this show is bcoz of Harshad and Additi, and sometimes I feel bad for them, coze they are made to carry the burden of this dead show.  But a serial or film is never made by its actors, but by the screenplay, and director.  Edited by monizusa - 15 years ago
-svetalana- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

As far my veiw is concerned I can only think that it is BT show.They will come up with closing of all the loop holes taking their own sweet time.They will definetly show those happenings.i have seen KGGK and other shows of Bt.They take long time to reveal any one's identity or any loop holes.

BUT i am totally disappointed with the current Creative Head IPSHITA DEB as she is not able to manage the show's most important basics i.e PRem and Heer's intensity, passion and love.She is not putting proper efforts to dialogs that are sooo important for Prem and heer.
I wonder why Ekta has  faith in this lady as she has ruined her other shows with her stupid creativity.
Why is Ekta so stubborn that she pays no heed to veiwers criticism .Why cann't she patches up with Vikas Gupta and bring him back as he is the only person who knows the essense of the show.He has handled the show intelligently.IPSHITA is just using her BT formula and she thinks that viewers are stupid and ignorant enough to take all nonsensical thing.This time she is in big trouble as people of this show will not take her and her creativity.

FOR GOD"s sake please before moving your story ahead tell us the following

1. Whether he is prem or gaurav ----if she plans to show him as guarav then pls end the show as no one will watch and free HC and AG from the show so that they both can work in much better new shows .
2.How was prem saved in Bomb Blast -This is very important for the viewers to know and creatives cannot take it for granted.WE WANT THIS REVEALATION as soon as possible.
3.How did Prem landed in Rajasthan and for what reason he was there---we want this as this is important for us to know.What was his mission.
4.How did prem became Gaurav
5.Why didn't he boarded the plan and why was he going to opposite direction from juneja house.
6.Is Prem's memory fully back or partially back.Why he is not much comfortable with Heer.Reason is required.
7.What talk prem and heer had during first night as the scene was abruptly cut.
8.Why was the rain scene also cut abruptly.
9.Where are juneja's property.What happened actually to those properties that has been for veera and harman.
10.Lastly what is in your mind creatives ---To make a successful serail bringing back life and soul of the show as it was when vikas gupta was around OR You people just want to ruin the show to such extent that finally star plus has to kick this out from the channel.If IPSHITA does not improve then this may be the probability.I will happy if Star plus cast HC , AG and Sushant Rajput to another show which can have good story line , strong direction, strong editing with love , passion and intensity.These people are good actors and can be utilised in better way.IPSHITA Is just ruining not herself but All star cast and Above all EKTA and BT.If still EKTA Does not listen to us and take strict action she will deserve what she will get.Not only this show she will suffer with all her other shows also as she will loose faith of the viewer.
-funnfrolic- thumbnail

Thanks Guys, for your comments….

@ Maya : Yes, we have to applaud the creatives at some places. I have always maintained that this show portrays the realities of life quite realistically. The way they are handling the whole recession thing is commendable BUT if they don't pull up their socks, pretty soon, all of them would be jobless.

I have to applaud the actors as well. This is one show that does not speak of big names of Eijaz, Ronit, Hiten, Shabir and yet this show is the top grosser on star, is about to complete one year. All this is only possible through the dedication, determination and hard work of the actors. The show is completing one year in a couple of months : and yet there is no linkage to the story line for the past 4  months. Some characters have already lost their essence to the point of no return. There were no emotions portrayed when the family saw Prem/Gaurav. All they keep saying is chamatkar, Karishma…All this does not make sense. We are not watching Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi or then Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki…Its Kis Desh Main Hai Mera Dil. Its supposed to be a story of pre destined love and an eternal love story. Sadly, since October, it's not been that. You know di, in my FF, I have shgown a track of faking ML. If I could think of such a track or then know how to move my storyline ahead – I see no reason why, the creatives cant. They are the creatives of a production house and yet we FF writers can think of a better track and plot than them!

@ Intelligent Enough: You know thinking deeply into it, I think you are right but I don't want answers. I want action. If he is Gaurav, then maintain he is Gaurav and not Prem and is just a humshakal, who saw the video, who saw a guy dying in front of his eyes, who witnessed what it is like to be living. Don't show him as being hands in glove with daljeet chachi or then RR, coz if that's happens, I will be the first to quit watching the show. If he is Prem, then show the connection.  We were able to relate to and take the soham angle in Kavyanjali because it was shown to us that he was not Kavya. Yet, that angle had a different appeal attached to it. They were emotions portrayed in the family, emotion that one could relate to it. Emotions that was realistic. There are certain basics in the storyline which has to be kept in and adhered to, all along the way. There is a greater need for consistency and it's the way of story telling that I'm objecting to. You know no one will be able to create the same kind of magic and euphoria that Mr Gary Bhinder had created and it's really sad, that they don't have the same vision and foresight that he had.

@ Monizusa : - They don't owe anything to us but they don't owe to themselves, so for the sake of themselves and their profession they should pull up their socks. I feel bad for the actors too and they deserve much better things in life than just this show. All of these guys are so talented and its this talent that is going to waste. You know I don't care any more. Its better that this show ends now on a good note than end when TRP's dip further. End this show and then Balaji should just to do a refocus on their thinking and strategy because I am fed up of seeing the same things being churned out by the Balaji Stable.

-Bee- thumbnail
Hey, I wasn't so frustrated with the show yesterday, because I realised that even though the creatives show him like HHPrem with Heer, he is Prem all the way with his family. At the end of the day, he HAS to be Prem. I mean, they've built up sooooooo much evidence for him being Prem, that if he is not, then it is an insult to God (because they kept on referring to God during the shaadi), and it is an insult to the viewers. Also, after ALL this time, if they show that Prem is actually Gaurav, working for RR or something, I'm sorry, but the audience will NOT accept it. I'm not saying this just because I won't accept it. (I won't), but because I just recently talked to my relatives in India, who are die-hard fans of this show, and THEY are going to stop watching it if this happens. I mean, it happened in Kyunki with Tulsi, and that lost so much TRPs. Also, when it happened with Tulsi, people wanted the first Tulsi back. Here, people WANT and NEED Prem, NOT Gaurav.
I'm also losing hope for this show. Let's see if the creatives manage to do something with the hopeless situation they have. If they somehow retain the essence of Prem's character, and show him to be The Prem, then I'll never complain about them again. But, if they don't.... Bye bye.

-funnfrolic- thumbnail
Originally posted by: iqbalrox14

Hey, I wasn't so frustrated with the show yesterday, because I realised that even though the creatives show him like HHPrem with Heer, he is Prem all the way with his family. At the end of the day, he HAS to be Prem. I mean, they've built up sooooooo much evidence for him being Prem, that if he is not, then it is an insult to God (because they kept on referring to God during the shaadi), and it is an insult to the viewers. Also, after ALL this time, if they show that Prem is actually Gaurav, working for RR or something, I'm sorry, but the audience will NOT accept it. I'm not saying this just because I won't accept it. (I won't), but because I just recently talked to my relatives in India, who are die-hard fans of this show, and THEY are going to stop watching it if this happens. I mean, it happened in Kyunki with Tulsi, and that lost so much TRPs. Also, when it happened with Tulsi, people wanted the first Tulsi back. Here, people WANT and NEED Prem, NOT Gaurav.

I'm also losing hope for this show. Let's see if the creatives manage to do something with the hopeless situation they have. If they somehow retain the essence of Prem's character, and show him to be The Prem, then I'll never complain about them again. But, if they don't.... Bye bye.

Hey... you know something, the show was fine and perfect yesterday till they didnt show that dream sequence...till they didnt show prem will gell hair, till they didnt show gaurav like expressions on Prem. May Be they wanted to show the yearnings and desires, the editing thereafter spoiled the whole scene.. It clearly a very badly edited scene. The essence of the relationship is yet to come outr... It seems as if Prem is feeling suffocated living in that house, it seems as if living some one else's life is catching up on him. This is not the PREM, that we all have loved.

Even Harman is portrayed as such a looser which is so unlike harman's character. Thank God, Preet is the only sane person and the only sane character whose essence has been retained.

I dont think the creatives have learnt anything from their past mistakes, for if they had, the whole Gaurav angle would not have been bought out in the first place.

I saw the episode today, expecting nothing but trash and saw it with an open mind and I liked the episode today even though I still felt that there was a certain aloofness.

I dont think the creatives have learnt from the lessons of the past for if they had, the whle gaurav angle would not have been bought out in the first place but truth of the matter that I dont think Public View matters to Balaji any more. I dont think anything matters to them any more, for if they public opinion mattered, they would have taken stock of the situation by now and done something about it.
Edited by mistyeyed_25 - 15 years ago