ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Nana tussi great ho

Imagine this. Nana Patekar, he of the pronounced Marathi accent, will speak fluent Punjabi for some scenes in Ek-The Power of One

Nana Patekar

In his forthcoming film, Ek - The Power of One, Nana Patekar is all set to play a memorable role. And it's not just because he plays a CBI officer. Nana especially learnt to speak like a typical Punjabi while he was shooting in Chandigarh.

In the film, Nana is trying to catch a criminal, Bobby Deol, by chasing him through Punjab. To convincingly play the part, Nana decided to learn Punjabi.

Director Sangeeth Sivan said, "We were shooting in Chandigarh when Nana took a copy of his dialogue and approached three Punjabi women who were close by.

Nana requested them to teach him  to speak the Hindi dialogue in Punjabi. He then asked me if we could do the sequences in Punjabi.

I was unaware of his conversation with the Punjabi women. To my surprise, Nana suddenly laughed out loud and started mouthing his dialogue in Punjabi. He told me how he had especially learnt Punjabi for the scenes."

Nana says, "While shooting in Punjab, I had some scenes where I had to do some investigative work while interacting with people. I managed to speak fluent Punjabi, which is more about attitude rather than  pronunciation.

I love Punjabis. My father too spoke fluent Punjabi as we were in the business of textile printing and he would deal with Punjabis every day."