deepthiabhi

Groupbie

deepthiabhi

Posted: 22 February 2009 at 9:16pm | IP Logged

A.R. Rahman deserves the Oscar awards

A.R. Rahman

Congratulations Glitter Graphics
ARR has made every Indian so proud

We are so proud of him that he spoke in Tamil a few words as usal when he received the award
He said" ella pugazhum iraivanukkeh"

He then performed his oscar nominated songs
oh...saya...& Jai...H0

A R Rahmans Oscar award announcemnets & his speech

News: Credit to oneindia

The world is roaring at his feet. He was India's past; he is truly India's present and will for sure be India's future too. The 81st Academy Awards will forever remain and will be cherished not just by the ace musician, but will be celebrated by every Indian living across the nation. Yes, A.R. Rahman is certainly the man of the moment, a name which is famous even on the slum children's mouth.

Indian
music

maestro, A.R. Rahman has won two Oscars awards for Best Original song for "Jai Ho" and best background score. Rahman's win comes as the crowning glory and he truly deserves the honour, not just for this movie, but for the fabulous music he has been making for over a decade. Our heartiest congratulation goes to the musical genius A.R. Rahman. Let us take a sneak peak at his filmi (musical) career graph.

Born in Madras (now Chennai) on 6th January, 1966, Allah Rakha Rahman. Rahman played many instruments and later joined people like Zakir Hussain, M.S. Vishwanathan, and Ramesh Naidu on world tours. He soon obtained a degree in Trinity college,
Oxford

where he graduated with a degree in western classical music.

Rahman tasted the fruit of success in 1992 by providing music score and
sound track to Mani Ratnam's Roja. He was awarded with Rajat Kamal and best music director at National film awards.

Rahman worked wonders in many Tamil and Telugu movies. Some of his noted and renowned work in Hindi
cinema

which created a vibe for more than a decade are Roja (1992), Bombay (1995), Rangeela (1995), Fire(1996), Daud (1997), Dil Se, Earth (1998), Taal (1998), Zubeidaa, Nayak (2000), Lagaan (2001), Sathiya (2002), Lakeer, Meenaxi (2003), Yuva, Kisna, Swades (2004), Rang De Basanti, Guru (2006), Jodhaa Akbar, Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na, Yuvraaj, Ghajini (2008), Slumdog Millionaire, Delhi 6 (2009). Rahman is working

on many more projects which are yet to create history.

This is just a brief on the great renowned singer. He is truly a masterpiece in his department. He is certainly someone who has redefined the meaning of music and things related to music. We hope he brings us many more Oscars in the years to come. Jai Ho!

Congratulate A.R. Rahman on winning Oscar Awards 

Edited by atina - 25 February 2009 at 9:23am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sankadevi30netra_ramaatinasmlaksh

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Every Indian is Proud-A.R.Rahman!!!Pg 5" in Kollywood Masala forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 22 February 2009 at 9:43pm | IP Logged
A.R Rahman has done it - won Oscars for best original score and original song (with Gulzar) for Jai Ho!!StarStarStar
StarStar
I am so excited, I can't work.

Woo-hoo, vazhga Tamizhan!!Big smile

kadhambari

IF-Rockerz

kadhambari

Posted: 22 February 2009 at 9:46pm | IP Logged
Karthi,thanx for the info daaa........Its time for all of us to celebrate along with ARR...........yipppppppppieeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Edited by kadhambari - 22 February 2009 at 9:46pm

MP_Radha

IF-Veteran Member

MP_Radha

Posted: 22 February 2009 at 10:13pm | IP Logged
Wow.....this is great news........hurray!!!!!!!!!!! ARR rocks...........Congratz ARR........time to party......Party

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 22 February 2009 at 10:42pm | IP Logged

Thanks for starting the topic deepi.

The following excerpts was taken from  YAHOO.  (Thank you)

LOS ANGELES - "Slumdog Millionaire" is the Academy Awards champion, wrapping up its ghetto-to-glory story by winning best picture and seven other Oscars, including the directing honor for Danny Boyle.

A story of hope amid squalor in Mumbai, India, "Slumdog Millionaire" also had wins that include adapted screenplay, cinematography, editing and both music Oscars, score and song.

In keeping with its theme of bottomless optimism amid adversity, "Slumdog Millionaire" led a charmed life, dodging a flirtation with straight-to-DVD release, winning over critics and climbing toward $100 million hit status. The film won top honors at all key earlier awards ceremonies.

Shot in India on a modest budget of $14 million, "Slumdog Millionaire" traces the life of a Mumbai orphan who overcomes poverty, betrayal, police torture and other hardships on his way to a reunion with his childhood love and success on India's version of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire."

The film nearly got lost in the shuffle as Warner Bros. folded its art-house banner, Warner Independent, which had been slated to distribute "Slumdog Millionaire." It was rescued from the direct-to-video scrap heap when Fox Searchlight stepped in to release the film.

The evening is following the script of earlier Hollywood honors, with "Slumdog Millionaire" steamrolling through. Its awards include adapted screenplay, cinematography and both music awards, for score and song.

Slumdog Millionaire" has cruised to seven Academy Awards wins including best director for Danny Boyle.

The evening is following the script of earlier Hollywood honors, with "Slumdog Millionaire" steamrolling its way toward the big prize, best picture. The other Oscars for "Slumdog Millionaire" include adapted screenplay, cinematography and both music awards, for score and song.

Slumdog Millionaire" was making good on its rags-to-riches roots, claiming the adapted-screenplay prize for Simon Beaufoy, as well as the cinematography, film-editing and sound-mixing Oscars, plus both music honors for score and song.

With two of the three song nominations, "Slumdog" won for "Jai Ho," the rousing Bollywood number that closes the film.

"Slumdog" composer A.R. Rahman, a dual Oscar winner for the score and song, said the movie was about "optimism and the power of hope."

"All my life, I've had a choice of hate and love. I chose love, and I'm here," Rahman said.

Not only that, Slumdog Millionaire have over the weeks have won awards in US local arena for best music, cinematography, direction etc.  This is the first movie in the history to attain such awards.Congratulations to D. Boyle, Rahman and to all the crew and casts of SM. 

Guys, take a look at Frieda's evening gowns to the oscars.  She looked faboulous.  Infact, she was noted for best dressed catergory. 

Edited by Caryn - 22 February 2009 at 11:03pm

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 22 February 2009 at 10:51pm | IP Logged

Composer has no regrets
about 'Slumdog'

The movie depicts poverty in Mumbai's
slums

Updated: Friday, 06 Feb 2009, 8:54 AM EST
Published : Friday, 06 Feb 2009, 8:46 AM EST

• CHARLES J. GANS

NEW YORK (AP) - Oscar nominee A.R. Rahman has a polite suggestion for those in Bollywood who complain that the hit film "Slumdog Millionaire" casts India in a negative light with its depiction of poverty in Mumbai's slums: don't just criticize it but make your own film.

"In my opinion if creative people want to comment on a film, and if I were a director and felt that way, I would make another film and prove my point and say this is what India is about," Rahman told The Associated Press in an interview from Los Angeles before returning home to work on film scores before participating in the Feb. 22 Oscars awards show.

As for "Slumdog Millionaire," the noted Indian film music composer believes it is "a great statement of showing in a way the past reality and the growth of the economy in India, which all comes across beautifully."

The 43-year-old Rahman has been hailed in India for his three Oscar nominations for "Slumdog Millionaire" for best original score and the songs "O ... Saya" and "Jai Ho." But the rags-to-riches saga of a Mumbai orphan who competes on India's "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" quiz show received a controversial reception in India.

Rahman refused to comment on a defamation lawsuit filed against him and actor Anil Kapoor, who plays the quizmaster in the film, by a Mumbai slum-dwellers' rights group alleging its members found the term "Slumdog" insulting.

But he said he had no qualms about working on the film with British director Danny Boyle and his crew, whom he described as "very sensitive people."

"When you came out of the film ... that felt so good and positive that nothing else mattered to me," said Rahman. "I loved working with Danny and I loved his whole vision of the screenplay and the artistic quality of the film.

"And for me it's not about India alone, it's about the human spirit which triumphs, and this could have happened in China or Brazil or anywhere else."

Rahman says the film is consistent with his humanitarian goals. An honorary U.N. ambassador, he set up the A.R. Rahman Foundation to support educational programs for underprivileged children across India. He has also founded a conservatory in his home city of Chennai to prepare youngsters for careers in music.
-www.wwhotv.com

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 22 February 2009 at 10:54pm | IP Logged

Slumdog child actors
will attend Oscars

They will take their first airplane
trip

Updated: Friday, 20 Feb 2009, 8:41 AM EST
Published : Friday, 20 Feb 2009, 8:36 AM EST

MUMBAI, India (AP) - The child stars of "Slumdog Millionaire" will take their first airplane trip when they attend the Academy Awards ceremony in Los Angeles on Sunday.

The rags-to-riches story set and shot in the slums of Mumbai has been nominated for 10 Oscar awards, including best picture and best director.

All nine actors who play the three main characters in three stages of their lives will attend the Oscars, James Finn of Fox Searchlight Pictures said Friday. They include actors comfortable on the red carpet, like 18-year-old Dev Patel, who lives in London, and the glamorous Freida Pinto, 24, who has been praised in Vogue as a new style icon.

But also attending will be Azharuddin Mohammed Ismail, 10, and Rubina Ali, 9, both of whom were plucked from their homes in a Mumbai slum by director Danny Boyle and his team. The trip will be their first on an airplane and their first out of the country, relatives said.

"I'm very happy that I'm going to the Oscars," Rubina said in her home Friday, hours before she was to leave for the United States. "My friends are saying, 'your fate is so good.'"

"I'm not scared," said Rubina, who will be traveling with her uncle. "I'm going to go and take a lot of pictures and show them to people over here."

She planned to go shopping Friday afternoon for a dress to wear to the ceremony.

Rubina's uncle, Mohidden Khan, 40, laughed when he was asked what he would wear on the red carpet.

"I'm thinking maybe jeans and a T-shirt," he said.

Azharuddin's father, Mohammed Ismail, said he felt "very, very good" that his son could make the trip. Azharuddin will be traveling with his mother.

Finn said Fox Searchlight had been making visa and travel arrangements for the children and their relatives up until the last minute. Securing visas and passports in India can be a torturous process, especially for impoverished Indians who often don't have the necessary identification forms and documents.

"Everybody is really excited about it," said Finn, who added that the actors would be staying in a five-star hotel. "It's nice the whole gang will be together."

-courtesy of Yahoo news- thank you

Edited by Caryn - 22 February 2009 at 10:57pm

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 22 February 2009 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
sorry to get carried away guys.Big smile

Did you hear the song O Saya. and Jai Ho.  It was really great to hear from You Tube.  Big smile 

Edited by Caryn - 22 February 2009 at 11:04pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top