Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

sunidhifan4evr

Goldie

sunidhifan4evr

Posted: 21 February 2009 at 10:26pm | IP Logged

With the modern day culture and thinking everything do you believe that countries like India Pakistan are being over taken by western culture in the aspects of language technology fashion eating habits health issues marriages relationships Education and anything else I am forgetting.

personally i feel like i will be a Stranger next time i go to india because there will be everyone in american way like with all latest tech even if they cant afford it and then the marriages conflicts goin on day by day all the list is endless.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is the country india not ours anymore?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 22 February 2009 at 9:57am | IP Logged
I agree-espescially Mumbai is like woah racing ahead with the whole western culture situaton. There's two indias-one is the one which you talk about and the other is one I watch and hear about in the news all the time.OuchI don't think the modern India that I see is always the true picture though. What about the hundred thousands villages I see that still don't have enough money for basic living facilities let alone enough money for worrying what the latest fashion is.

I do like to believe however that no matter how "forward minded" they become, there'll always be that element that will make them the Indian that they are.
So yeah, it modern areas of India they are at this rate even racing ahead of the west lol but in the rest of india-where majority doesn't consist of a bollywood type land, this hasn't affected them that much really..YET! Its just we don't see or hear about them as much as we do about this big towns.

crossroads7

Posted: 22 February 2009 at 11:18am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

sunidhifan4evr

Goldie

sunidhifan4evr

Posted: 22 February 2009 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by crossroads7

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

I agree-espescially Mumbai is like woah racing ahead with the whole western culture situaton. There's two indias-one is the one which you talk about and the other is one I watch and hear about in the news all the time.OuchI don't think the modern India that I see is always the true picture though. What about the hundred thousands villages I see that still don't have enough money for basic living facilities let alone enough money for worrying what the latest fashion is.

I do like to believe however that no matter how "forward minded" they become, there'll always be that element that will make them the Indian that they are.
So yeah, it modern areas of India they are at this rate even racing ahead of the west lol but in the rest of india-where majority doesn't consist of a bollywood type land, this hasn't affected them that much really..YET! Its just we don't see or hear about them as much as we do about this big towns.

That is true i believe. Indians no matter how advanced eventually come home to roost.Smile

But why is Bollywood-type land bad? Yeah, they show more tycoons and mansions and girls laden in jewellery than you'd expect to see in one lifetime, but the values are still quite traditional- boy sees girl, the two fall madly in love with each other, and go through hell and the high seas to be together. Why is any of that bad? It's a life we shoud also wantSmile

ya but dont you think that our culture and our principals ar being forgtton i mean no days whereever in india you go they have to have altest one thing that match with american ppl

iiHEARTyu-x0

IF-Rockerz

iiHEARTyu-x0

Posted: 22 February 2009 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
well isnt that supposed to be good?
they're getting a sense of style :P

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 22 February 2009 at 2:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by crossroads7

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

That is true i believe. Indians no matter how advanced eventually come home to roost.Smile

But why is Bollywood-type land bad? Yeah, they show more tycoons and mansions and girls laden in jewellery than you'd expect to see in one lifetime, but the values are still quite traditional- boy sees girl, the two fall madly in love with each other, and go through hell and the high seas to be together. Why is any of that bad? It's a life we shoud also wantSmile

True but an average Indian or for that matter even an average American never has that. I disagree on the bit about Bollywood showing traditional Indian values though. Just watch any Emraan Hashmi movie and you'll know what I mean. Yes, not every Bollywood movie is the same but just take Salaam Namaste for example-granted it was set abroad but since when is live-in relationships part of any aspect of Indian culture? A lot of the things shown in some movies would rarely ever happen in any corner of India.
India is advancing and that too at a very fast rate, just not as fast as what is shown in our bollywood movies or hollywood movies.
Although there's no harm in every Indian wishing that they too become like srk in K3G and be dropped in a helicopter to get home for pooja lol.Tongue

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 22 February 2009 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 22 February 2009 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
I don't think any country in this world can claim to have been static through time. Change is the most certain thing, and inevitable. Whether for better or for worse, change will occur.

But India is a scary country for me now. I am just a hick town girl. I'm so used to combines that even autorickshaws terrify me.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top