Debate Mansion

Morally Evil - Pleasure gained by inflicting pain? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 21 February 2009 at 8:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

What really is the true nature of evil, is it always about causing pain, or is it more about the abuse of power. What is pain, is it defined by sufferer or inflicter? What is pleasure, can one truly get pleasure from pain? There are way too many folds to this topic really.

Ok with morally evil, was simply meant immoral...  Nice to hear the expected... Pain and Pleasure in this topic is NOT something inclined towards physical aspect of it, but more mental, to be precise... conscious driven. Pleasure is something that is conscious rewarding and pain is something that hurts the conscious. Sufferer and inflictor cannot define it... got to be combination of several things... that is the reason tied up with MORAL. Again I haven't looked up dictionary meaning of moral, but moral for me means something that is positive combination of clean conscious, not a social crime, acceptable right by majority, actions that leads satisfaction, etc ;). Trust me took a while framing this one right… I too understand there are several folds, upto how people interpret it but basic flow is clear.. rest of the deviations / tangents might add great value here.. thanks for giving this topic outside the box GO!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Morally Evil - Pleasure gained by inflicting pain? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sonur15

IF-Rockerz

sonur15

Posted: 21 February 2009 at 9:07pm | IP Logged

I agree with u on A part they cant be called morally right but these people can never hurt or harm anyone to such xtend which may effect his personality or confidence until and unless victim is mentally weak or he himself is suffering from something.

as far as  part B is concern

Z enjoys to inflicting pain to Mr. Y verbal/physical or whatever... bass Mr. Z enjoys to press it hard on Mr. Y.

after reading this all i can say is he CAN harm anyone mentally and physically....do u think they can let anyone live peacefully...?

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 21 February 2009 at 9:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonur15

after reading this all i can say is he CAN harm anyone mentally and physically....do u think they can let anyone live peacefully...?

NO they cann't still for some reason they are everywhere ... bas some or other reason.. as long some including u and me for sure... life off of our clean conscious can only wish they pay for thier deeds.

FloralWraith

FloralWraith

Posted: 25 February 2009 at 6:15pm | IP Logged
Define morals and evil.

Some people think certain things are "evil" due to the morals that they are taught, but another person or group of people may think it is morally okay or right to do certain things.

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 25 February 2009 at 8:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by FloralWraith

Define morals and evil.

Some people think certain things are "evil" due to the morals that they are taught, but another person or group of people may think it is morally okay or right to do certain things.

Accordingly literal meaning of evil/moral, whats ur take? To be fair what is your take, touching that points that are part of moral according to you? Pls. See my response to Return_ro_hades above, I touched upon definations.

Always a pleasure to hear a different perceptive.

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 25 February 2009 at 8:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

Originally posted by return_to_hades

What really is the true nature of evil, is it always about causing pain, or is it more about the abuse of power. What is pain, is it defined by sufferer or inflicter? What is pleasure, can one truly get pleasure from pain? There are way too many folds to this topic really.

Ok with morally evil, was simply meant immoral...  Nice to hear the expected... Pain and Pleasure in this topic is NOT something inclined towards physical aspect of it, but more mental, to be precise... conscious driven. Pleasure is something that is conscious rewarding and pain is something that hurts the conscious. Sufferer and inflictor cannot define it... got to be combination of several things... that is the reason tied up with MORAL. Again I haven't looked up dictionary meaning of moral, but moral for me means something that is positive combination of clean conscious, not a social crime, acceptable right by majority, actions that leads satisfaction, etc ;). Trust me took a while framing this one right' I too understand there are several folds, upto how people interpret it but basic flow is clear.. rest of the deviations / tangents might add great value here.. thanks for giving this topic outside the box GO!

The way raj ji has described pleasure , pain and morals is really too good
Hats off !http://board.freeones.com/images/smilies/hatsoff.gif

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 25 February 2009 at 8:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ashoka_was_king

The way raj ji has described pleasure , pain and morals is really too good
Hats off !http://board.freeones.com/images/smilies/hatsoff.gif
Haila!! I was wondering what I wrote there...LOL thanks Ashokaji!Smile

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender