Morally Evil - Pleasure gained by inflicting pain? - Page 2

Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by sonur15

after reading this all i can say is he CAN harm anyone mentally and physically....do u think they can let anyone live peacefully...?

NO they cann't still for some reason they are everywhere ... bas some or other reason.. as long some including u and me for sure... life off of our clean conscious can only wish they pay for thier deeds.
Define morals and evil.

Some people think certain things are "evil" due to the morals that they are taught, but another person or group of people may think it is morally okay or right to do certain things.
Originally posted by FloralWraith

Define morals and evil.

Some people think certain things are "evil" due to the morals that they are taught, but another person or group of people may think it is morally okay or right to do certain things.

Accordingly literal meaning of evil/moral, whats ur take? To be fair what is your take, touching that points that are part of moral according to you? Pls. See my response to Return_ro_hades above, I touched upon definations.

Always a pleasure to hear a different perceptive.
Originally posted by raj5000

Ok with morally evil, was simply meant immoral...  Nice to hear the expected... Pain and Pleasure in this topic is NOT something inclined towards physical aspect of it, but more mental, to be precise... conscious driven. Pleasure is something that is conscious rewarding and pain is something that hurts the conscious. Sufferer and inflictor cannot define it... got to be combination of several things... that is the reason tied up with MORAL. Again I haven't looked up dictionary meaning of moral, but moral for me means something that is positive combination of clean conscious, not a social crime, acceptable right by majority, actions that leads satisfaction, etc ;). Trust me took a while framing this one right' I too understand there are several folds, upto how people interpret it but basic flow is clear.. rest of the deviations / tangents might add great value here.. thanks for giving this topic outside the box GO!

The way raj ji has described pleasure , pain and morals is really too good
Hats off !
Originally posted by ashoka_was_king

The way raj ji has described pleasure , pain and morals is really too good
Hats off !
Haila!! I was wondering what I wrote there...😆 thanks Ashokaji!😊

Haila!! I was wondering what I wrote there...😆 thanks Ashokaji!😊

seriously raj ji,
there was so much of clarity actually ,
one could know exactly what you wanted to say,
and i agree totally there !

Otherwise i didn't have much to say about the topic lol

Pleasure is something that is conscious rewarding and pain is something that hurts the conscious. Sufferer and inflictor cannot define it...

moral for me means something that is positive combination of clean conscious, not a social crime, acceptable right by majority, actions that leads satisfaction, etc ;)

yeh dono baatie toh bohot achchi kahi apne Mr R ji  👏

Ok with morally evil, was simply meant immoral...  Nice to hear the expected... Pain and Pleasure in this topic is NOT something inclined towards physical aspect of it, but more mental, to be precise... conscious driven. Pleasure is something that is conscious rewarding and pain is something that hurts the conscious. Sufferer and inflictor cannot define it... got to be combination of several things... that is the reason tied up with MORAL. Again I haven't looked up dictionary meaning of moral, but moral for me means something that is positive combination of clean conscious, not a social crime, acceptable right by majority, actions that leads satisfaction, etc ;). Trust me took a while framing this one right' I too understand there are several folds, upto how people interpret it but basic flow is clear.. rest of the deviations / tangents might add great value here.. thanks for giving this topic outside the box GO!

If we are looking at moral pain or pleasure, or one of thought and consciousness - there is no hard and fast rule. We know knife cuts hurt, but we cannot say which word or act will hurt. I may say something as a joke and enjoy it and think its funny - someone else will be hurt.

So couple of things play a factor

1) Intent - Was the true intent to hurt in such a way, or was the intent different. If X hurts Y and gets pleasure but X did not mean to hurt Y in this sort of suffering but was being goofy. Then X made a mistake but is not evil.
2) Pleasure - Is the person actually deriving pleasure from causing pain. Prison wardens, Soldiers etc and people who do cause moral/physical pain do it either to comply with authority/to gain favor/ fit in/prevent punishment. They do not always derive pleasure. Sometimes the guilt conscious is unbearing. A soldier may torture a person, but internally could be an emotional wreck over moral guilt. What takes precedence - moral consciousness - or duty? Was Claus Von Stauffenberg a hero or a traitor?
3) Desensitization - If you experience pain over and over and over again. Physical or emotional - you are desensitized to it. Your moral compass of right or wrong gets messed up. Vietnam War so many instances of rape, torture etc. but war/fatigue etc. had made many people crazy. Many were not in the right mind and either temporarily/permanently lost compassionate morals.

So if a person intends pain, knows its wrong and still derives pleasure then they are a sociopath.

As for the physical kind if one person likes to give and the other receive. What can we do about it.

Originally posted by sonur15

Pleasure is something that is conscious rewarding and pain is something that hurts the conscious. Sufferer and inflictor cannot define it...

moral for me means something that is positive combination of clean conscious, not a social crime, acceptable right by majority, actions that leads satisfaction, etc ;)

yeh dono baatie toh bohot achchi kahi apne Mr R ji  👏
Thank you jee!

@RTH - Nice thoughts, I hear yaa.
Originally posted by return_to_hades

As for the physical kind if one person likes to give and the other receive. What can we do about it.

Make sure they both are together 😃

But yes, i do agree with whatever you have said 😊