Fashion and Beauty

Packaging: Does It matter?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 20 February 2009 at 11:43am | IP Logged
We all know that beauty is skin deep right?  But what about the packaging of beauty products.   Do you spend more on a product with nice packaging, classy concept, than on one with plainer presentation?   And if so, why?   I myself must confess to have done this when I feel like some containers are depressing looking or tacky and I dont want it on my bedroom dresser.  But then again, some of them have simpler packaging and the product actually works.  So its not like I assume fancy packaging means fancy product.  It's a hit or miss I find. 

I found for example, one body scrub has more exciting packaging and more expensive but when I used it, the results were minimal-- I wont buy it again.  I bought another one from a different company with plainer packaging and much cheaper, it works better.  Will be a repeat customer for them.  Not that this is a hard and fast rule that cheaper is better, but I tend to go for what doesn't hurt my wallet!! 

Edited by trina1 - 20 February 2009 at 1:41pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Packaging: Does It matter?" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 20 February 2009 at 5:03pm | IP Logged

Great Topic!Big smile

I also tend to be more attracted to a more fancy looking product than a plain one...but before i actually buy something i read the back's of the product and compare because if im spending money on something, i'd want it to actually work. Plus i take a while to decide on something!LOLLOL

Packaging doesnt matter but its a advertising way to attract people's attention i guessLOL
LOL

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 20 February 2009 at 5:18pm | IP Logged

Thanks Angad luver!!     Well basically i also get drawn to fancy labelling and packaging as well, I guess it's what catches the eye.  It's smart to read the labels.   I do a lot of homework online before I buy, or if I go to a store I try to look at the products and also compute how much is charged and for how much product. 

Maybe not every scent they make is like this, but their packaging was so nice and beautiful, but the product did not do much.  With the cheaper product, the packaging was very plain looking, but the actual product itself worked better and was better quality, a better value than the other. 

This thing comes in such a big container, I dont have to buy it for a while, thankfully. 

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 20 February 2009 at 5:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by trina1

Thanks Angad luver!!     Well basically i also get drawn to fancy labelling and packaging as well, I guess it's what catches the eye.  It's smart to read the labels.   I do a lot of homework online before I buy, or if I go to a store I try to look at the products and also compute how much is charged and for how much product. 

Maybe not every scent they make is like this, but their packaging was so nice and beautiful, but the product did not do much.  With the cheaper product, the packaging was very plain looking, but the actual product itself worked better and was better quality, a better value than the other. 

This thing comes in such a big container, I dont have to buy it for a while, thankfully. 

Lol you actually got my ID right..people usually spell it as Angad Lover ..doesnt bug me but i noticeLOLLOLLOL

Its always best to ask friends and family about what products they've tried and what has worked for them...faster and easier way of shopping for products...but i still tend to read the labels! And my mom being indian usually liked to sniff products for face and stuffLOLLOL I only smell shampoo's and lotions...i dont want to smell bad now do i? hahaha

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 20 February 2009 at 5:42pm | IP Logged
haha am gladI could get your id right.   mine is fairly easy, thank goodness.  

That is good that you ask family and friends.  I tend to like trying different brands when they come on sale, seeing what works for me. 

I have noticed that Avon tends to have plain packaging, but the products have gotten good reviews.  So may try their line. 

I actually tell my friends whatever I have tried haha.  Because all of us are budget-conscious, we like to look good but without spending a lot. 

And I buy a lot of stuff from India, it's cheaper there and some of it is natural.  Their packaging isnt as fancy, but it works well.   And i LOVE biodegradable packaging, that is the best!!    Not creating more waste than we already have.  

miss5stars

IF-Rockerz

miss5stars

Posted: 20 February 2009 at 7:49pm | IP Logged

yes! packaging matters! LOL
if the packaging is crappy
i assume the product is the same! LOL
-which in most cases is wrong! OuchLOL

but ya..lyk every time i go to the store wit my mom..i buy sum kinda product..(hair,body,face,etc,etc)
so i jus try random things and see which i lyk best! Embarrassed

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 20 February 2009 at 8:52pm | IP Logged
Shazeen, I know, even I used to assume if the packaging is bad that it would be crappy product.   I have learned from experience that this isnt always the case.   It's really a question of trial-and-error to see what works best.   I try to go by the name of the company, usually that works.  But then again, not every product of theirs I like. 

and I like what comes on sale for sure. 

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 05 March 2009 at 10:23pm | IP Logged
LOL interesting topic!!
You know what, I find that if I have knowledge about the product I am going to buy (like if I read about it in a magazine/website or if a friend recommended it to me) then I don't much care about the packaging since I KNOW that the product would work well. BUT if I go on a random shopping spree and I am in an impulsive mood then I tend to get attracted to pretty packaging....Sometimes just cant resist! LOL

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.