Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

Why is Akshara's family over reacting? (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 6

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 6

mayur1209

mayur1209

Posted: 20 February 2009 at 4:47pm | IP Logged
If Akshara found true love through an arranged marriage, I would probably end up hating her...

Apple of her family's eyes

Blessed with beauty (if not brains)

Doer of great deeds (Getting Varsha and Shaurya married)

Born with a silver spoon (Look at that house, who the hell would want to get married and leave such a swanky place!)

Owner of a fabulous wadrobe (Post-marriage one also guaranteed looking at Rajshri's obsession with her daughter)

And now a handsome, caring, loving, understanding, loyal husband too?Confused

And guaranteed, inspite of all this, she would still be crying over the fact that her hapless husband did not drink the tea she made for him in the morning and later Rajshri would join in too, lamenting over her daughter's fate and misery!

Instead of feeling connected to Akshara, I would rather throttle her thenLOL

Soapie - you are too good that is really funny LOL,
Akshara's character has no connection with reality whatsoever she has everything going for her yet we're expected to empathize with her.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why is Akshara's family over reacting? (Page 6)" in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

poooohjjjazzzzz

Goldie

poooohjjjazzzzz

Posted: 22 February 2009 at 6:24am | IP Logged
definitely is he god or what?i guess they are just expanding the stories and making the stories long and so does the episode???

_charu_

IF-Sizzlerz

_charu_

Posted: 22 February 2009 at 7:12am | IP Logged
if you find this dumb then watch out for tomorrow's episode LOL a guy is yelling at vishabhar isileyi tumhari beti ka rishta toota..

what crap..the whole city knows that akshara's rishta was being fixed and now it's broken..

Charu

Originally posted by nureat01

Yeah Tanu, I already read about that too....I know they're gonna yell at her for singing tomorrow....which is even dumber...can't believe they'll continue to find fault in their own daughter over a guy they must have met once....this current track is highly irritating. I wish they'd end this soon and bring Naitik and his family in.

_charu_

IF-Sizzlerz

_charu_

Posted: 22 February 2009 at 7:18am | IP Logged
that's very well said..u must mail this message to the creatives..

Originally posted by soapie

I watch YRKKH mainly to ogle on Rajshri's clothes and jewellery...because there is hardly anything worth watching shown hereConfused And its very sad, given the fact that the Creatives have got a good set of actors with them.

I didn't want to ring in any comparisons here, but just can't help it! The reason why Bidaai, inspite of its low production quality and a host of new names clicked so brilliantly with the audience is because Rajan Shahi and the creatives of Hats Off created characters with whom the audience could relate and feel emphathy for. Like for example, Sadhana's character in Bidaai is that of an unusually beautiful girl, who is an orphan and is forced into a marriage with a mentally unstable man. So your heart just goes out to the unfortunate girl. Or Ragini who has always faced discrimination because of her looks and despite that maintains a cheerful attitude. One just can't help liking her for precisely this reason! Even Alekh is someone with whom you as an audience can instantly relate to...you feel protective towards him. These are charactes you just can't help falling in love with.

But if you compare the characters of Bidaai with YRKKH, there is not one character in this show for whom you could feel a shred of sympathy. Not even the main lead, Akshara!

What is she always crying about? A beautiful, rich, much loved and pampered girl, who has had every privilege in the world from her birth till now. Why do we feel bad for her? Just because a guy came to see her and did not propose marriage?Confused

Akshara just comes across as a sissy, who cannot face the reality of life. And yet, has the protection of her family to fall back upon.

How can you relate to such a characterConfused

It is the characters of a show who connect with the audience first and then the actors...if you have basic flaws in the character that is being shown, however good the actor is, no one can salvage the situation. And this, according to my point of view, is the biggest problem of YRKKH.

Hina Khan is great in the role and does justice to whatever is given, but what can the poor girl do, if all she is expected to do is cry over inane things? The way she was crying yesterday alongside her equally irritating mother was just way over the top! Akshara has not been widowed or maimed or molested...she has simply been rejected by a guy just like she rejected one before!

I really hope, the creatives get some common sense and try to show the proceedings in a more realistic manner and not show small town girls to be so stupid and overtly sentimental. Its actually quite insulting to them!

Soapie

_charu_

IF-Sizzlerz

_charu_

Posted: 22 February 2009 at 7:26am | IP Logged
ROFL

can't stop laughing on this yaar..ur too funny..

Originally posted by soapie

Originally posted by chronic

In all seriousness though, yeah, Sadi and Ragi were characters you could relate to from the very beginning.....Their story has remained compelling for over a year now.....In Yeh Rishta, we have not even gotten to the main concept of the show yet! The main concept being the attainment of love through an arranged marriage...... 

If Akshara found true love through an arranged marriage, I would probably end up hating her...

Apple of her family's eyes

Blessed with beauty (if not brains)

Doer of great deeds (Getting Varsha and Shaurya married)

Born with a silver spoon (Look at that house, who the hell would want to get married and leave such a swanky place!)

Owner of a fabulous wadrobe (Post-marriage one also guaranteed looking at Rajshri's obsession with her daughter)

And now a handsome, caring, loving, understanding, loyal husband too?Confused

And guaranteed, inspite of all this, she would still be crying over the fact that her hapless husband did not drink the tea she made for him in the morning and later Rajshri would join in too, lamenting over her daughter's fate and misery!

Instead of feeling connected to Akshara, I would rather throttle her thenLOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top