Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

Why is Akshara's family over reacting? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 6

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 6
Page 6 Page 6

chronic

Goldie

chronic

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pc84

araah.. tum yahi bhiBig smileSmile... kidding.. ok.. i agree sadi and ragini's storyline was interesting.. and their main storyline didn't really start until mid year (last year).. but i have to agree..their story have only gotten interesting and keeps on getting interesting year after year...  in Yeh Rishta we still love the character Akshara.. but dont see the rational behind her familys' concern!! it just seems tooo overly done.. but still can't wait for Naitik to come and make it better for us! it's about time we get him in the series!!!

luv pri

Haan main yahan bhi...TongueSmile....Kya karoon, dono shows Rajan Shahi ke hain....isiliye thoda to interest aayega na!

The family, especially Akshara's mother definately overreacted big time! I can never imagine my mother telling me to quit uni on the basis that some guy she was pushing me to marry is so backward in his views that he rejected me for wanting to get an education.......Actually, I'm more mad at Akshara for not standing up to her mother on this issue......Moping around for a boy who couldn't care less about you can get irriatating....particularly when she only met him a few times.....Some level of dissappointment is natural and expected, but endless crying is going a bit too far, in my opinion....

But yeah, I'm just really hoping that Naitik is an interesting enough character to make all our worries disappear....  

Edited by chronic - 19 February 2009 at 10:57pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why is Akshara's family over reacting? (Page 5)" in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

pc84

IF-Dazzler

pc84

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chronic

araah.. tum yahi bhiBig smileSmile... kidding.. ok.. i agree sadi and ragini's storyline was interesting.. and their main storyline didn't really start until mid year (last year).. but i have to agree..their story have only gotten interesting and keeps on getting interesting year after year...  in Yeh Rishta we still love the character Akshara.. but dont see the rational behind her familys' concern!! it just seems tooo overly done.. but still can't wait for Naitik to come and make it better for us! it's about time we get him in the series!!!

luv pri

Haan main yahan bhi...TongueSmile....Kya karoon, dono shows Rajan Shahi ke hain....isiliye thoda to interest aayega na!

The family, especially Akshara's mother definately overreacted big time! I can never imagine my mother telling me to quit uni on the basis that some guy she was pushing me to marry is so backward in his views that he rejected me for wanting to get an education.......Actually, I'm more mad at Akshara for not standing up to her mother on this issue......Moping around for a boy who couldn't care less about you can get irriatating....particularly when she only met him a few times.....Some level of dissappointment is natural and expected, but endless crying is going a bit too far, in my opinion....

But yeah, I'm just really hoping that Naitik is an interesting enough character to make all our worries disappear....  

araah tumari he toh intezaar thai!!!LOL
i agree.. the mother is too mch yaar.. i agree Rituraaj was an excellent match for Akshara.. but come on it's not Akshara's fault.. it's not like she knew he would be offended because she wanted to meet him!! and wasn't he the one who wanted to get some alone time when his/her family meet? but maybe it's not Rituraaj that rejected her.. but the family themselves.. maybe they didnt' like that.. i just dont see how that can be the ONLY reason for their rejection.. please dont tell me it's because of Varsha they did it.. that would be REALLY stupid!!

luv pri

chronic

Goldie

chronic

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 11:09pm | IP Logged

araah tumari he toh intezaar thai!!!LOL
i agree.. the mother is too mch yaar.. i agree Rituraaj was an excellent match for Akshara.. but come on it's not Akshara's fault.. it's not like she knew he would be offended because she wanted to meet him!! and wasn't he the one who wanted to get some alone time when his/her family meet? but maybe it's not Rituraaj that rejected her.. but the family themselves.. maybe they didnt' like that.. i just dont see how that can be the ONLY reason for their rejection.. please dont tell me it's because of Varsha they did it.. that would be REALLY stupid!!

luv pri

LOL....Sachi? Mera intezaar? Hayye....I feel special now....LOLLOL

Yeah, I'm starting to think that it was Rituraj's parents who rejected her and not necessarily Rituraj himself....But still, he is the dude in the family, if he really liked Akshara, then his opinion would surely override that of his parents! I dunno, I guess he wasn't AS interested in her as she was in him....Ah well, she looks better with that Naitik guy anyway and I'm sure he won't be as chauvinistic as Rituraj (or his family) that he'll restrict Askhara so much that she only takes care of the household.....Although, 99% of heriones in Indian soaps don't seem to care much about getting a job.....I blame Kekta ;-)  

Edited by chronic - 19 February 2009 at 11:10pm

rosepaul2110

Groupbie

rosepaul2110

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 11:45pm | IP Logged

I hve made some observations and would like to share them with you.

Akshara sometimes behaves like a donkey. She doesnt open her mouth where she should. What is there to be so scared or shy of.

Rajshri is crazy, if not rituraj they can find another dulha for their darling daughter. The way she is hell bent or marrying off Akshara it seems absurd. And Akshara doesnt seem very mature enough to shoulder a wife's responsibilities.

Vish said NO to the first proposal , guy with moonch. And when Ritu's family rejected Akshara he got so angry...Why???? ...cant other reject them as they did to others.

Varsha acted too smart, she was the person who planned that resort visit thing. She surely is going to rule over Shaurya. Shaurya acts so timid attimes.

-MeraBarun-

IF-Sizzlerz

-MeraBarun-

Posted: 20 February 2009 at 12:19am | IP Logged
They are thinking as if Rituraj is the only man alive in this world.

-Maya-

-Maya-

Posted: 20 February 2009 at 2:29am | IP Logged
If Akshara n Rituraj's engagement was fixed n then the marriage got called off then fine..there wud be a reason for feeling n crying..but just coz a rishta whch was never fixed got called off they needn't make a big deal..who asked Akshara to dream n fall in luv with Rituraj before things got fixed..
Also the whole family was doing Bangra thinking that no one can ever reject their daughter n was praising their daughter like anything..but once their daughter got rejected they are trying to blame her..her mom was like "did some mistake happen unknowingly by u?" like Akshara went on a holiday with Rituraj n spent the night with him..now they're crying as if the whole family is taking part in a rona dhona competition n the winner will get a lead role in some ekta show lol

Edited by maya2008 - 20 February 2009 at 2:29am

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 20 February 2009 at 8:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by soapie

The characters are all so unreal...I am not saying that as an audience you have to identify with each and every character, but there has to be some sense of bonding with them...I am yet to pick up one such character from this show who bonds with the audience.

The problem with Hina Khan is that she stands out more as an actor rather than the character...unlike Sara Khan and Parul Chauhan who were, are and will always be first and foremost Sadhana and Ragini. Akshara's character is extremely sketchy and vague...she is bubbly and vivacious yet is so incredibly shy! Which is strange given that she has been brought up with so much love and caring, which should have made her into a confident person, not the wimpering, simpering girl they are portraying.

There is a lot of rona dhona in Bidaai too...but there is a rational behind it also, unlike in YRKKH.

I totally agree!

mayur1209

mayur1209

Posted: 20 February 2009 at 4:35pm | IP Logged

I just read the written update for today and I cant believe no one stood up for Akshara, maybe Dadi and Varsha will in the next episode. I expected Vishambhar to ask Rajshri to cut the poor girl some slack, after all wasnt he the one who recently said to Akshara that "aapke gale mein Eashwar baste hain" or something to that effect.

I find Akshara's Mom to be the uncrowned Drama Queen of Indian television. Can someone take that gravely ill when they've been told the reason a potential Rishta didnt materialize because their daughter likes to sing. (I work in Healthcare I am in no way  trying to trivialize illness)

And if the reason they're worried is the "badnaami" then they shouldnt have gone to town telling people they've found a match for their darling daughter(who by the way I agree with Soapie is trying too hard to play the proverbial poor little rich girl) until something materialized.

I cannot believe ST sort of got away with saying all that cr** to Badi about her upbringing, I think that was extreme and completely uncalled for, for Christ's sake Rajshri and Vish didnt raise a murderer or child molester here. Children make mistakes all the time, if you can call what Akshara said to Rituraj about singing a mistake.

Naitik has a lot to fix! I cant wait for him to come on the scene, but I wonder with ST and the dulha catalogue/album gone how will they find him?

Edited by mayur1209 - 20 February 2009 at 4:38pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top