Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

Why is Akshara's family over reacting? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 6

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 6
Page 5 Page 6

chronic

Goldie

chronic

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
@Soapie: Yeah, Omi Kaka seems to be Yeh Rishta's equivalent of Mamaji.....he is the voice of reason in the house....Just a pity that hardly anyone listens to him....Mamaji seems to have more authority in his house.......Of course, Omi Kaka has some additional traits......he is the sensible, yet somewhat mysterious guy.....and is also, so far, the only character with some shred of depth....Hopefully, he will be developed as a character even more so in future episodes.....

@Anu: I know yaar.....I seriously just think that the Star Plus ppl decided to drag Rajan's name into the mix cuz he is the director of their top most show......Even the concept of Yeh Rishta was developed by the SP team only, while the some other ppl came up with the concept of Bidaai.....But anyways, I agree with you that Rajan does still have some resposibility in taking care of certain important aspects of the show....namely the storytelling and the characterization...! 

Edited by chronic - 19 February 2009 at 8:43pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why is Akshara's family over reacting? (Page 4)" in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

soapie

soapie

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 8:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

@Soapie: You're summed it up perfectly! Yes, Bidaai is a show made with heart and warmth that clearly shines through and the characters are also better sketched and then ofcourse, it has stalwarts like Alok Nath, Vibha Chibber, Seema Kapoor, Natasha Rana....etc.....

In this show, there are good senior actors too but barring Omi Kaka as you pointed out, all the rest of them are very poorly sketched and one-dimensional.

As for Hina, I also initially was very impressed with her and felt she was fantastic for a debutant but off late, she has disappointed me a lot in her emotional scenes and even some in which she's supposed to act shy.....it comes across as artificial. I'm hoping she improves in the long run cuz the lead of a daily soap like this HAS to be able cry/do the emotional scenes well since it is guaranteed that there will be a LOT of such scenes....LOL

I feel really terrible bringing comparsions between Bidaai and YRKKH, bit its inevitable, considering both have been made by the same production house and helmed by the same man. Infact, all the inital popularity and ratings that YRKKH got is thanks only to Bidaai! It was this show's immense popularity that got rubbed off on the new one, but its surely not going to help retain it!

Every character in Bidaai has been given layers...they are all simple people but with depth. Right from the garrulous but funny Malti to the scheming duo of Navin and Avni...they are people who intrigue you, who interest you, who compel you to watch the show to see what is going to happen.

Nothing of that sort here...except to see who's Sari is looking better today, Kaki or Rajshri!LOL

Lolz...I can understand what you mean by Hina Khan's acting. The poor girl had a fairly good innings in the beginning first few weeks but after the episode where the unfortunate soul discovers the meaning of love (Again, a very unconvincing sequence...just compare it with Ragini and Sadhana discovering the meaning of love in their lives and you will see how superficial the whole thing was for Akshara) her acting has been plummeting downwards!

The whole meeting with Rituraj left me in splits...instead of appearing docile and shy, Akshara came out to appearing silly and bird-brained. Now how can you expect any man to marry a girl who cannot even answer his simple questions in a straightforward manner? He just asked about her likes and dislikes, not where she would want to go for a honeymoon!LOL

But its Varsha and Shaurya's marriage sequence which put me off so majorly. First that Shankari Tai telling about the rejection (It can hardly be called a rejection!) right in the midst of the wedding ceremony. Second, Rajshri as usual getting hyper and weepy and third, Akshara crying buckets as if someone told her that Rituraj is the last man left on Earth and now she would die a virgin! And ofcourse, Vishambar Nath's thundering about his Ego being hurt. For what? Didn't he hurt the other family's ego because his daughter did not want to marry a guy with moustache?

Now how on Earth can the audience feel bad for such a family and for such characters? I just feel utterly jealous of the fact that Rajshri has such lovely jewellery and that Akshara lives in such a beautiful house...to hell with Rituraj's rejection!LOLLOLLOL

Soapie

chronic

Goldie

chronic

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by soapie

True, Rajan Shahi has only given his money (that he has earned from the super success of Bidaai) for the production of YRKKH, but the creative head is someone called Rajita Sharma, who sadly is spending all that hard earned moolah on designer sari's and jewellery (and they are rather stunning, btw!) and the lovely sets.

But in the end, its the story which counts and after one month of watching YRKKH, I am still searching for one!Confused

Bidaai connected with the audience from the very beginning...Sadhana and Ragini were characters you not just emphathized with, but also rooted for.

All I want to do for Akshara is give her a good shaking up and tell the girl to grow up, for pete's sake!

I think in the future I'll just see it as.....The story may not have lived up to the hype, but damn, their clothes sure are pretty!...

In all seriousness though, yeah, Sadi and Ragi were characters you could relate to from the very beginning.....Their story has remained compelling for over a year now.....In Yeh Rishta, we have not even gotten to the main concept of the show yet! The main concept being the attainment of love through an arranged marriage...... 

soapie

soapie

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chronic

In all seriousness though, yeah, Sadi and Ragi were characters you could relate to from the very beginning.....Their story has remained compelling for over a year now.....In Yeh Rishta, we have not even gotten to the main concept of the show yet! The main concept being the attainment of love through an arranged marriage...... 

If Akshara found true love through an arranged marriage, I would probably end up hating her...

Apple of her family's eyes

Blessed with beauty (if not brains)

Doer of great deeds (Getting Varsha and Shaurya married)

Born with a silver spoon (Look at that house, who the hell would want to get married and leave such a swanky place!)

Owner of a fabulous wadrobe (Post-marriage one also guaranteed looking at Rajshri's obsession with her daughter)

And now a handsome, caring, loving, understanding, loyal husband too?Confused

And guaranteed, inspite of all this, she would still be crying over the fact that her hapless husband did not drink the tea she made for him in the morning and later Rajshri would join in too, lamenting over her daughter's fate and misery!

Instead of feeling connected to Akshara, I would rather throttle her thenLOL

Edited by soapie - 19 February 2009 at 9:11pm

pc84

IF-Dazzler

pc84

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 10:10pm | IP Logged

Ok.. first i want to clear that I think that Akshara's family is over reaction for nothing.. They are behaving like now Akshara is going to be a spinster for the rest of her live..

now.. on the other hand.. the show from the very beginning did mention that the community that they live in very strict and have to follow certain (although ridiculous) rules and norms.. for example: for a daughter to be rejected (even of high stature) is bad for the family and the daughter's future... when varsha got rejected they said that it has to be the girl..they is something wrong with the girl that's why the boy rejected her!!

That's why the family is worried as to what might have happened that they rejected her! BUT to blame their 1 meeting for this is soo stupid!!! sorry but i think a better reason is needed than.. she came to visit with her friend..

luv pri

pc84

IF-Dazzler

pc84

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chronic

I think in the future I'll just see it as.....The story may not have lived up to the hype, but damn, their clothes sure are pretty!...

araah.. tum yahi bhiBig smileSmile... kidding.. ok.. i agree sadi and ragini's storyline was interesting.. and their main storyline didn't really start until mid year (last year).. but i have to agree..their story have only gotten interesting and keeps on getting interesting year after year...  in Yeh Rishta we still love the character Akshara.. but dont see the rational behind her familys' concern!! it just seems tooo overly done.. but still can't wait for Naitik to come and make it better for us! it's about time we get him in the series!!!

luv pri

TaAnu_Premeer

IF-Rockerz

TaAnu_Premeer

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
i agree with ya all

soapie

soapie

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 10:47pm | IP Logged

Agreed...Bidaai only got this interesting since the time the Rajvansh family came into picture and Sadhana got married to Alekh and now Ragini to Ranveer...and from the looks of it, a lot of interesting stuff is yet to come. Yet from the beginning, even without the introduction of the male leads, there was enough story material and some very good character interplay between the rest of the characters which made Bidaai so watchable!

But with YRKKH, one just cannot make out what the creatives want to show. And one month is a good enough time to establish the characters and the main storyline. The characters are all so unreal...I am not saying that as an audience you have to identify with each and every character, but there has to be some sense of bonding with them...I am yet to pick up one such character from this show who bonds with the audience.

The problem with Hina Khan is that she stands out more as an actor rather than the character...unlike Sara Khan and Parul Chauhan who were, are and will always be first and foremost Sadhana and Ragini. Akshara's character is extremely sketchy and vague...she is bubbly and vivacious yet is so incredibly shy! Which is strange given that she has been brought up with so much love and caring, which should have made her into a confident person, not the wimpering, simpering girl they are portraying.

Also, the crying bit is nerve racking! I am already getting jitters thinking how much Glycerine the Production Team is going to waste when Akshara finally gets married and is packed off to her Sasural!Confused Scary thought!

There is a lot of rona dhona in Bidaai too...but there is a rational behind it also, unlike in YRKKH.

The whole Rituraj Drama could have been used in a much better manner...you know showing Akshara and him getting engaged and actually falling in love over a period of time (Through phone calls, knowing how outdated the Maheshwari Family is!) and then something happening to either of them and the rishta breaking off.

If Akshara had cried her heart out then, it would have been so much more convincing and maybe we would have felt bad for her!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top