Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

Why is Akshara's family over reacting? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 6

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 6
Page 4 Page 6

soapie

soapie

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 7:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chronic

@Soapie: I completely agree with you! I'm still finding it hard to believe that this show is made by Rajan Shahi......Honestly, I don't think there is much depth to any of the characters shown so far......However, I have some hope that once Naitik enter the scene, things will improve.....His side of the family better be more interesting!

I really hope so too!

You have hit the nail on the head by saying that none of the characters have depth...all of them seem to be shallow and vague.

All the emotion and simplicity that Rajan Shahi had put into Bidaai has come undone in YRKKH. Everything seems very unreal here...like a fairy tale which you know is completely fake.

The only character who seems to have some sort of intelligence and relatability is Omi Kaka...and sadly, he is just one of the peripheral characters.

I really hope Naitik and his family are shown to be grounded in reality and have more common sense than the Maheshwari's.

Soapie

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why is Akshara's family over reacting? (Page 3)" in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 7:17pm | IP Logged
What's even more confounding is that these days this show seems to be beating even Bidaai in the ratingsConfusedConfused

chronic

Goldie

chronic

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 7:33pm | IP Logged

@Soapie: Oh I agree about Omi Kaka! I see major potential in him, but he's being wasted in the show.....The thing is that most of these characters sound rather intriguing on paper (the YRKKH character sketch), but on-screen, something obviously doesn't seem to work all that well....I hope it's all sorted out after the serial gets into its groove....that is the Akshara-Naitik marriage....

@Anu: I know!! Do ppl just see that 'Director's Kut' logo and think 'oh well, Bidaai isn't half bad, maybe this show will be the same' and just blindly follow the show......?

Edited by chronic - 19 February 2009 at 7:34pm

chronic

Goldie

chronic

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 7:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Yeah Shumi, sometimes I have a hard time believing too that this is a Rajan Shahi show. Y'know, I now think that Rajan doesn't really have much to do with the show other than to just provide money for the set and the costumes (I'm sure the family has an infinity pool that we've yet to see as well)...If you notice in the opening credits, Rajan is only listed as the producer, while in the Bidaai credits, he is listed as the series director....I know, I'm clutching at straws here, but there has to be some reason as to why this show just doesn't connect in the way that Bidaai does.......the characters hardly have any depth and all seem mainly two-dimensionalConfused....None of the characters have truly made an impact so far. Akshara is either simpering, acting shy, running around all over the haveli all the time or  now crying. And the actress is too raw in the emotional scenes.....there is no connect. WORD! Hina, for being a newcomer, I thought I could let her off on her previous emotional scenes (which left a lot to be desired), but goshdammit, her inability to cry convincingly is starting to bother me now! 

I'm also hoping for the best for things to change with the entry of Naitik and his family cuz Akshara's family is honestly pretty boring.

soapie

soapie

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 8:19pm | IP Logged

What's even more confounding is that these days this show seems to be beating even Bidaai in the ratingsConfusedConfused

I don't think one should pay too much attention to the ratings. YRKKH is still new and obviously has a novelty to it in terms of the sets and costumes and the new faces and hence people are curious to watch it.

But Bidaai has been here for a year and a half and has been firmly established in the audience mind, hence the chances of Bidaai remaining stable and doing well in the long run is far higher than YRKKH.

Bidaai in comparison to YRKKH has lots of things going for it...a strong storyline, popular characters, established actors and most importantly a very good sense of connection with the audience.

YRKKH has none of these and by the way things are going, it seems a bit unlikely that anything on the lines of Bidaai is going to happen. YRKKH has some basic flaws, hence how much ever the creative team tries to whitewash it over, the audience will see through it, today or tomorrow. Bidaai on the other hand, even with its own share of faults, is essentially a show made with heart and warmth and it just gets its message through beautifully!

Hina Khan is a good find and in comparison to Parul and Sara's earlier days of acting, I find this girl's debutant act to be much better...but unfortunately Hina's good acting will never compensate for Akshara's character flaws!Ouch

Chronic,

The actor enacting Omi Kaka is not just good looking but very natural too...and his character is quite endearing. I loved the manner in which he consoles Varsha while dropping her back home and telling her that she doesn't have to come home to get insulted by Vishambhar. Even before, he tells Shaurya (cute guy, but nothing much to do!) to calm down when he reacts to Akshara being caught with the Alok Chap.

Soapie

Edited by soapie - 19 February 2009 at 8:23pm

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 8:25pm | IP Logged
@Shumi: Ohhh....so he's only connected as a producer?? But even then yaar! He should look into the way the writing and characterization is being handled! Putting them all in pretty costumes can't compensate for that!

@Soapie: You're summed it up perfectly! Yes, Bidaai is a show made with heart and warmth that clearly shines through and the characters are also better sketched and then ofcourse, it has stalwarts like Alok Nath, Vibha Chibber, Seema Kapoor, Natasha Rana....etc.....

In this show, there are good senior actors too but barring Omi Kaka as you pointed out, all the rest of them are very poorly sketched and one-dimensional.

As for Hina, I also initially was very impressed with her and felt she was fantastic for a debutant but off late, she has disappointed me a lot in her emotional scenes and even some in which she's supposed to act shy.....it comes across as artificial. I'm hoping she improves in the long run cuz the lead of a daily soap like this HAS to be able cry/do the emotional scenes well since it is guaranteed that there will be a LOT of such scenes....LOL

soapie

soapie

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 8:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chronic

Yeah Shumi, sometimes I have a hard time believing too that this is a Rajan Shahi show. Y'know, I now think that Rajan doesn't really have much to do with the show other than to just provide money for the set and the costumes (I'm sure the family has an infinity pool that we've yet to see as well)...If you notice in the opening credits, Rajan is only listed as the producer, while in the Bidaai credits, he is listed as the series director....I know, I'm clutching at straws here, but there has to be some reason as to why this show just doesn't connect in the way that Bidaai does....

True, Rajan Shahi has only given his money (that he has earned from the super success of Bidaai) for the production of YRKKH, but the creative head is someone called Rajita Sharma, who sadly is spending all that hard earned moolah on designer sari's and jewellery (and they are rather stunning, btw!) and the lovely sets.

But in the end, its the story which counts and after one month of watching YRKKH, I am still searching for one!Confused

Bidaai connected with the audience from the very beginning...Sadhana and Ragini were characters you not just emphathized with, but also rooted for.

All I want to do for Akshara is give her a good shaking up and tell the girl to grow up, for pete's sake!

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 8:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by soapie

But in the end, its the story which counts and after one month of watching YRKKH, I am still searching for one!Confused

Bidaai connected with the audience from the very beginning...Sadhana and Ragini were characters you not just emphathized with, but also rooted for.

All I want to do for Akshara is give her a good shaking up and tell the girl to grow up, for pete's sake!

Ditto! I agree with every word! I've also been trying to connect with this show in SOME way....a storyline I'm not really expecting since Rajan Shahi himself said it doesn't really have a story but is more about the interplay of the characters....but atleast the CHARACTERS should be well sketched and identifiable! As you said, Sadi-Ragi were characters the audience instantly empathized with, rooted for, connected with! Such is sadly not the case in this show.....I don't find myself rooting for Akshara or anyone else and only end up being irritated by the lack of basic logic and overdose of random cryingConfused

Post Reply New Post

Go to top