Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai
Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

India-Forums

Why is Akshara's family over reacting? (Page 2)

Payal25 IF-Dazzler
Payal25
Payal25

MGAENP Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by maya2008

Everyone in Akshara's family is behaving as if Rithuraj is some devata or the only male alive in the world or like Rithuraj and Akshara's marriage was fixed during their childhood n Rithuraj's family broke the promise..a girl needs to go through many proposals before finding the right one..Instead of crying and wailing they can find a way better proposal for Akshara..i hope the Rithuraj drama gets over n Naitik enters

Yeah I totally agree with you. Akshara's family is over-acting and this is effecting Akshara. I too hope Naitik enters soon.
Ouch
Sneharamesh Newbie
Sneharamesh
Sneharamesh

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 3:34pm | IP Logged
Totally agree.. I find it hard to believe that in this day and age , one such incident is made into the worst nightmare that could happen... poor varsha's wedding seemed to have faded away...

Not fair at all.. Hope they will not continue with this track any longer and have the hero introduced soon
-Ami- IF-Stunnerz
-Ami-
-Ami-

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 4:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by maya2008

ya i know usually if a proposal fails the family will support their daughter n blame the guy but here it's the opposite they're trying to find fault in their own daughter weird...they're like forget all dreams and get married take care of pati bache nothing else..ur  life as an individual is over..for god's sake Aksara didn't sing some item number in front of Rithuraj she just expressed her interest in music

I agree with you. It is sort of different here and the family blaming Akshara. I wish they wouldn've just moved on if one ristha didn't work out. But I guess that like Dhaniya one said, if the boy side says no, it'll be a stain on the girl. And thats what the family is thinking at the moment.
soapie Senior Member
soapie
soapie

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 6:15pm | IP Logged
I watch YRKKH mainly to ogle on Rajshri's clothes and jewellery...because there is hardly anything worth watching shown hereConfused And its very sad, given the fact that the Creatives have got a good set of actors with them.

I didn't want to ring in any comparisons here, but just can't help it! The reason why Bidaai, inspite of its low production quality and a host of new names clicked so brilliantly with the audience is because Rajan Shahi and the creatives of Hats Off created characters with whom the audience could relate and feel emphathy for. Like for example, Sadhana's character in Bidaai is that of an unusually beautiful girl, who is an orphan and is forced into a marriage with a mentally unstable man. So your heart just goes out to the unfortunate girl. Or Ragini who has always faced discrimination because of her looks and despite that maintains a cheerful attitude. One just can't help liking her for precisely this reason! Even Alekh is someone with whom you as an audience can instantly relate to...you feel protective towards him. These are charactes you just can't help falling in love with.

But if you compare the characters of Bidaai with YRKKH, there is not one character in this show for whom you could feel a shred of sympathy. Not even the main lead, Akshara!

What is she always crying about? A beautiful, rich, much loved and pampered girl, who has had every privilege in the world from her birth till now. Why do we feel bad for her? Just because a guy came to see her and did not propose marriage?Confused

Akshara just comes across as a sissy, who cannot face the reality of life. And yet, has the protection of her family to fall back upon.

How can you relate to such a characterConfused

It is the characters of a show who connect with the audience first and then the actors...if you have basic flaws in the character that is being shown, however good the actor is, no one can salvage the situation. And this, according to my point of view, is the biggest problem of YRKKH.

Hina Khan is great in the role and does justice to whatever is given, but what can the poor girl do, if all she is expected to do is cry over inane things? The way she was crying yesterday alongside her equally irritating mother was just way over the top! Akshara has not been widowed or maimed or molested...she has simply been rejected by a guy just like she rejected one before!

I really hope, the creatives get some common sense and try to show the proceedings in a more realistic manner and not show small town girls to be so stupid and overtly sentimental. Its actually quite insulting to them!

Soapie

Edited by soapie - 19 February 2009 at 6:20pm
mayur1209 Senior Member
mayur1209
mayur1209

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 6:53pm | IP Logged

Well said  Soapie. I actually found it highly annoying of Akshara to break down bcoz Rituraj's family said no. Isnt this the same girl who declined a proposal on the grounds that the guy had a moustache. I realize rejection is hard to accept but it is not the end of the world. I think a guy who rejects a girl based on the fact that she said her friends think she sings well enough, is  really close minded and there would be trouble in the relationship later on.

I also couldnt figure out the deal with Rituraj - on one hand he is "forward" enough(relatively speaking) to ask if he could talk with Akshara in private and walked with her to a spot away from where the families and on the other hand he has a problem with the girl wanting to sing. Come on. It does leave me wondering if there is any depth to the characters.

I just hope Rajshri and Vish dont snap at Varsha for anything.

soapie Senior Member
soapie
soapie

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 7:06pm | IP Logged

Mayur,

I feel rather sad for Varsha and for Shaurya also...is that the way a family is supposed to react to newly-weds?

Isn't Shaurya a son of the same house? And for such a trivial reason, everyone is collectively mourning, instead of celebrating the arrival of a daughter-in-law.

Everyone at Maheshwari House is very hypocritic, on one hand they talk about Varsha being a daughter and on the other hand, completely ignore her and obsess over Akshara's aborted marriage proposal!

I felt really irritated at Akshara too...shouldn't she be there happily participating in all festivities post-marriage, but she prefers to go back to her room and cry over RiturajConfused

If the Creatives are showing Akshara to be a fragile, docile type of girl who cannot face the world and needs to be protected, then I just hope someone tells them that they are completely overdoing the bit...she comes across as a privileged brat rather than a sweet and loving girl!

If only they had shown Akshara braving the rejection and acting completely nonchalant about the fact that Rituraj did not propose marriage, the audience would have felt some kind of respect for the character...but by showing her emotional atyachaar, all sympathy has been robbed of the character.

Soapie
chronic Goldie
chronic
chronic

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 7:09pm | IP Logged

@Soapie: I completely agree with you! I'm still finding it hard to believe that this show is made by Rajan Shahi......Honestly, I don't think there is much depth to any of the characters shown so far......However, I have some hope that once Naitik enters the scene, things will improve.....His side of the family better be more interesting!

Edited by chronic - 19 February 2009 at 7:13pm
AreYaar IF-Addictz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 7:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chronic

@Soapie: I completely agree with you! I'm still finding it hard to believe that this show is made by Rajan Shahi......Honestly, I don't think there is much depth to any of the characters shown so far......However, I have some hope that once Naitik enter the scene, things will improve.....His side of the family better be more interesting!

Yeah Shumi, sometimes I have a hard time believing too that this is a Rajan Shahi show....the characters hardly have any depth and all seem mainly two-dimensionalConfused....None of the characters have truly made an impact so far. Akshara is either simpering, acting shy, running around all over the haveli all the time or  now crying. And the actress is too raw in the emotional scenes.....there is no connect.

I'm also hoping for the best for things to change with the entry of Naitik and his family cuz Akshara's family is honestly pretty boring.

Go to top