Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

Reason for Rejection - Akshara's singing. (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

*king*

IF-Dazzler

*king*

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

What?? Her Mom asks HER to stop singing?? This is ridiculous! I can't believe they're blaming HER for this! WHO wants a chauvinist like Rituraj for a husband anyways??

the king is not supporting rituraj but most families in north india which r rich, conventional n traditional (like rituraj n akshara's) do not want their womenfolk 2 work or have a career. although this mindset is highly debatable the decision is understandable. even vishambarnath is a man who thinks love marriages are bad  n also none of the women in his family go out 2 earn money. hence going by the script the reason is logical.

*king*

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Reason for Rejection - Akshara's singing. (Page 2)" in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kgh212121

Goldie

kgh212121

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 3:13pm | IP Logged
first of all i agree, her mom overacted wayyyyy toooo much!

i'm really disappointed in her. even when she said, did you without knowing do something wrong? so glad dadi came after that.

but even dadi's reaction was crazy. why didn't akshara say that they went to the beauty parlour?

dumb.

and i don't think singing is the real reason, it's just an excuse for something else. and if it is a reason, then maybe rituraj's parents had some problem with it.

what if rithuraj has a girlfriend or something?

what's most ridiculous is that somehow they are pretending to give the kids a chance, a choice to say yes or no. and when it's a no, the whole world errupts. right so what choice do they really have?

-Ami-

IF-Stunnerz

-Ami-

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 3:58pm | IP Logged
I didn't like how Akshara is being told to stop singing. And if thats the reason of why the ristha was rejected, than I don't like that reason. Its not really pretty justified. They say not becuase they don't like her singing? I mean its not her fault that she has that talent.

And i really wish that Akshara's mother wouldn't have said that. She should have supported her daughter. Not just tell her to stop singing.

soapie

soapie

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 6:58pm | IP Logged
Akshara's mother, Rajshri is the most unrealistic person in YRKKH.

She claims to be a caring and loving mother, but all she has done is either suspect her daughter or discourage her and break her already shaky confidence.

And what about Shaurya? It seems that no one in the house, with the exception of Omi Kaka seem to care about him and his new wife.

No one was celebrating the arrival of a new bride, instead everyone chooses to mourn over such a trivial issue as Rituraj's no to the proposal by over-reacting.

We understand that Akshara is everyone's darling, but there are other children in the family too, right?

I wont' really blame Rituraj for rejecting Akshara's proposal because she likes to sing...its his choice...if he doesn't want a wife who sings, then why blame him? But Maheshwari family deciding that Akshara won't sing again just because one guy rejected her for that reason is completely ridiculous.

To say that they would be deciding their daughter's life based on what other's think of her is utterly stupid...and leaves me doubting about how much they really care about their daughter.

I really wish they would do away with the current track and show some kind of sense in the story and the characters.

Edited by soapie - 19 February 2009 at 7:00pm

chronic

Goldie

chronic

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 7:23pm | IP Logged

I think Rituraj rejecting Akshara on the grounds that she sings is just as ridiculous as Akshara rejecting the first guy on the grounds that he has a moustache (cuz y'know, it's not as if he can shave that off or anything!)......Both characters' rejection seemed to have stemmed from purely superficial grounds, but that is their wish, so it's fine.....Honestly, if we were able to accept Akshara rejecting someone because of a moustache (and possibly also for the reason of being a little too tall), then we should also be able to accept Rituraj's rejection of Akshara on the basis that she sings.....It's a similar deal.....

I also don't get how Akshara is so upset over this that she's crying buckets...! Okay, so she may have had a bit of a crush on the guy, so she's disappointed that he doesn't reciprocate her mild feelings towards him....but, to actually bawl so endlessly over someone she's met all of twice, is REALLY stretching it! Seriously, she should just woman up and move ON......

disney101

Goldie

disney101

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 7:43pm | IP Logged
what a crap first they were the one who told the rituraj's family that she sings good. and if this the reasong for breaking the rishta then i am so scared... cuz my mom was talking with me about what happens if guys rehjects a girl and i got so scared abt what is happening.... cuz my mom told me that since i am studuing nursing in canada hardly any boy want to marry a nurse. cuz in india choosing nursing as proffession is just tooooo low.............

soapie

soapie

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 8:14pm | IP Logged
I have lived in Udaipur for a short while and have known several Marwari families, who were actually quite similar (outwardly) to the one shown in YRKKH.

But with one major difference. Most of their kids of this generation were studying abroad or in fancy boarding schools...both the boys and the girls of the family. And despite the fact that the women of Marawari Families in small towns such as Udaipur still cover their face with a ghoongat and are pretty conservative, none of them are remotely like Vishambar Nath and Rajshri.

Heck, this is 2009 we are talking about, not 1909, where girls were pulled out of college to get married off! And the Maheshwari Family is shown to be a rich, educated one...then how come they can tell their daughter to stop singing so that no other guy finds its a reason for rejection or for that matter how can the father tell his son that he cannot marry the girl he loves because that might become a reason for his sister not getting married?Confused

There is an absolute lack of logic in the recent proceedings.

Chronic, the only reason I supported Rituraj was because I am totally irritated by Akshara...so I kind of cheered up to his rejection, by thinking that the cry baby and her equally sobbing family more than deserved this pulling down to Earth!LOL

Obviously, this Rituraj guy seems to be as much a loser as the rest of the gang! So him rejecting Akshara is rather comical in a way, considering that the Maheshwari family thinks of their daughter and themselves as paragons of virtue who can do no wrong!

I really want to continue watching the show and am pinning my hope on an extremely sensible and down to earth Naitik (and his family too!)

Soapie

chronic

Goldie

chronic

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 8:20pm | IP Logged
@Soapie: Oh yeah, I wasn't really refering to your post when I compared Rituraj's rejection of Akshara to Akshara's rejection of moustache man.....It's just that many of the ppl here seem to have fogotten about the Akshara and moustache man incident, so I was just trying to bring that back to light....I actually agreed with your views!

And yeah, it is kinda amusing that Akshara's family are so upset over this rejection, when they themselves rejected the other poor guy cuz of a freakin' moustache.....Irony at its best..... They had it coming!

Edited by chronic - 19 February 2009 at 8:26pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top