Fan Fictions

India-Forums

7 Guys & 1 Girl :)

prakriti IF-Dazzler
prakriti
prakriti

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 1:20am | IP Logged
Heyy Everyone!

I'm sure a few of you remember me, but probably not most. I'm Prakriti and I used to write fanfics on IF way before it became a huge portal. Unfortuenetly, life got in the way and I have a few incomplete fanfics. I managed to finish The Devil Wears Armani last year, but I keep getting so many PM's about this fanfic, that I couldnt leave it incomplete. But when I read it, I cringe at the horrible writing, so I've decided to restart this & compeletly re-write it. It's the same concept, same storyline, but just re-written. This firrst part is already prewritten and its like an intro of sorts.

Basic storyline- Kripa Sharma, sent to live with her parents best friends. Who happen to have seven amazingly delicious boys Wink It's a KYPH fanfic, but feel free to think of any couple you'd like haha. So this chapter, since its the intro, is in third person but after this, when she arrives at the Khanna residence, it'll be first person from her POV.

Please let me know if you're interested, becuase I dont want to start this over if you no longer hold a intrest. I have worked out a schedule os updates should be regular. Plus, this is the only thing I'm writing at the moment, save school essay which are always popping up haha. Kay so comment and let me know (:

Prakriti.

<font size="6">
Seven Guys & One Girl
</font>

Introduction.

She had a gnawing feeling in her stomach. It was a feeling so familiar, so dreaded that it ate at her all day long. Yet Kripa constantly placed it in the back of her mind and continued on with her daily routine-something she thought she'd never be able to do. Kripa was, for all intents and purposes, an army brat. Not only was her Dad a high ranking official, her mom was also a nurse in the army. Because of this, Kripa, an only child, had no option but move whenever she was told to. But things were looking up for her-it had been over six months since she had settled into life in busy New York City. School was actually fun, her classes interesting, and the people she associated with were fun and loyal. Add in her championship winning tennis team as well as her adorable boyfriend Kevin, and you ended up with a life that any seventeen year was envious of.

But of course it was Kripa, and of course her luck could never be so good for so long. As soon as she stepped into the apartment after work her heart dropped and the gnawing feeling intensified. The entrance hallway was filled with familiar cardboard boxes.

"Kripa? Honey?" her mother's melodious voice rang out. Kripa chewed on her lower lip, a nervous habit she constantly wanted to get rid of, and walked into the living room. Her parents were perched on top of the couch with a folder in their hand. A blue folder. The same color folder they received whenever they were asked to change residences. Groaning, Kripa sat down on her favorite red love seat.

"We're moving," she stated plainly, repressing the urge to roll her eyes.

"Well," Gayatri, Kripa's mother, started "kind of. It's not like the other moves. This ones a little different." Kripa furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. Her parents exchanged looks and then Gayatri started to speak once again, "We were assigned to Iraq."

"What?" Kripa gasped. Her parents were usually always spared from the really dangerous areas and spent most of their work days in places in the continental US; they never had to go to a war torn country before.

"Don't worry honey," her Dad said soothingly, "it's not as bad as it sounds. They just need some more enforcement and such. Plus you know your mother and I are a package deal-she probably wouldn't even have to go if it weren't for me."

Gayatri patted his hand, "What your Dad means to say is, it's not as dangerous as you probably think it is. That said, there is a certain level of danger involved in the move and we just cant put you through that."

"What do you mean, Mom?" Kripa whispered.

"You're not coming with us-" Gayatri started.

"So I can stay in New York?" Kripa said, eyes wide.

"No, honey. You can't," Surya said, "you're still not eighteen and we cant just leave you here like this."

"But Dad, I already got accepted to NYU! I'm going to college here anyway, I'm going to live her alone in the city for that wont I? Think of this as a trial run," Kripa protested.

"No." Surya ground out, "Please dont make this harder than it already is. Your mother and I have already talked to the Khanna's about you moving in with them until you can finish high sch-"

"WHAT?!" screeched Kripa, eyes wide and her bottom lip almost bloody from her constant
chewing. Naina gave her daughter a harsh look, telling her to be quiet.

"Kripa Sharma. You listen to us, and you listen to us good-"

"Well, honey, not good." Naina whispered to Surya. Kripa and Surya rolled their eyes.

"Fine. Kripa you listen, and you listen to us well. We cannot leave you here by yourself, nor can we take you with us to a place like Iraq. The only options remaining are your grandparents or the Khanna's. We already know how you feel about the first choice, and so we thought you'd rather go with Dilip and Naina." Kripa sighed.

"I understand where you're coming from Dad, but why cant I just stay with friends? Why the Khanna's? I mean, I know that you guys are like best friends for twenty years or whatever, but I haven't met anyone except Dilip Uncle in twelve years! How can I just live with them in their house for five months?"

Gayatri stood up and patted her daughter's shoulder, "Kripa, we would never tell you live with anyone unless we knew that they'd treat you right. The Khanna's are like family to us, honey. Naina already thinks of you as a daughter and the boys all love you too."

At that statement Kripa's eyes grew wide. "Oh my god. The boys. Mom! Dad!" she whined, "There's seven of them! Seven! I'm gonna have to live with seven boys? In one house?"

Gayatri hesitated, "Yes, well, we thought about that dear. But they are all good boys; they wont annoy you or anything. You were very close to Ishaan when you were younger,"

"Mom, Ishaan was the only one who was nice to me. The rest either ignored me or annoyed me. Oh God. That one boy, the one whose my age?"

"Angad?" Surya supplied. Kripa nodded.

"Yeah, him. He was the worst." she shuddered, "He put worms down my shirt, Dad! Worms! Shirt! Thats not a pretty combination!" She frowned when she noticed her parents silently laughing. "You think its funny?"

"No, no," Naina quipped, "we're laughing with you honey, not at you." Surya nodded enthusiastically. Kripa heaved a sigh.

"Whatever. When should I start packing?"

Edited by prakriti - 19 February 2009 at 1:24am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

plukspickytghapinezz13

monikaseth IF-Sizzlerz
monikaseth
monikaseth

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 1:59am | IP Logged
Thank you very much welcome back
sanyoprithviraj Senior Member
sanyoprithviraj
sanyoprithviraj

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 3:06am | IP Logged
thank you for restarting this fanfic. i was so dissapointed wen the fanfic was discontinued.a new version wud b xciting.
i am so glad that u r back.plz continue soon and plz do complete this ff.i don't like incomplete ff.

kashishk IF-Sizzlerz
kashishk
kashishk

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 3:25am | IP Logged
Hey Prakriti,
The intro is amazing, It was so good.
Continue soon and do PM me if possible.

Kashish
MS-meghasharma IF-Sizzlerz
MS-meghasharma
MS-meghasharma

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 8:50am | IP Logged
great to have u back prakriti
cont soon
*angadkripa* Senior Member
*angadkripa*
*angadkripa*

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 5:26pm | IP Logged
hey, nice intro!!
plz continue soon
pickytg Goldie
pickytg
pickytg

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 6:04pm | IP Logged

7 guys n 1 girl...sounds loads of fun!! will lkd fwd to tis.. =)

btw...ter was tis 1 typo....""Well, honey, not good." Naina whispered to Surya. Kripa and Surya rolled their eyes."

it shd be gayatri i bliv :)

cheers,
nij

Angel-Jot. Moderator
Angel-Jot.
Angel-Jot.

I-F Crazy Creatives Head, BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 6:38pm | IP Logged
Wow great!!
I read ur other one as well Prakriti dear.
There was nothing wrong with tht one too but i have to admit this one sounds gud.
He put worms down my shirt, Dad! Worms! Shirt! Thats not a pretty combination!"

Really funny.
Oh and hopefully u wont make our poor Angad such a easy-to-get and such a sweety this time. Cause i have alwayz thot of Angad as an arrogant and "badmash". Anywayz enuff of my blabbering gud job and gud luck!! Cont soon and can u plz Pm me when u update. Im bad at keeping track.LOL

HarjiEvil Smile

Go to top