Suggestions / Comments

Questions for long time IF members

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

fckif

fckif

Posted: 18 February 2009 at 4:48pm | IP Logged
I just has a quick question what does a member have to do or be in order to become a moderator for a forum? The reason I ask this is because some of the forums (not all of them) have just channel moderators no forum moderators and usually the channel moderators are busy, the viewbies I am guessing are looking after the forum. I am sure that some people in the forum would be willing to take care of forum. Out of curiosity I would like to know the reason behind lack of moderators in some forums. Thank You!

Hope I didn't offend anyone.

Edited by lzzy2008 - 18 February 2009 at 4:48pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Questions for long time IF members" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

~*Thamizhan*~

Viewbie

~*Thamizhan*~

Posted: 20 February 2009 at 1:56pm | IP Logged

There is no such reasons behind the lack of moderators. The people who are willing to take care of the section can PM the channel moderator, then they will be considered for the post.

chatterbox

IF-Sizzlerz

chatterbox

Posted: 01 March 2009 at 1:06am | IP Logged
ah well i think there is major revamp most ppl r busy

and sometimes only viewbie is left incharge

and i guess admins and gms r looking into it

there is no such procedure as far as i know regardless of a person how much time he or she has been on forum or how many posts he or she has done

right now i dont know how it works before mods wud give names to gms and then gms wud shortlist and then list was put up

now i dont know myself

but still i feel there shud be rotation policy or the dev team may just get tired as its non paying work and ppl do it coz they like it or are active in particular forum

Henna 786

IF-Stunnerz

Henna 786

Posted: 11 March 2009 at 9:57am | IP Logged

Hmm this may help you *may be slighty outdated* http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=108788

However to become a mod/viewbie you have to be active in the section and show a mature attitude (causing fights or being in one isnt a good idea lol)
Helping other members is another brownie point.. usually newbies need alot of help finding their way around the forum as they are the ones who for the first week or so that demand to know where the update is or where the video is lol

A new feature has appeared in all sections on IF, it says somehting like Join the team or similar near the names of the people in charge of the forum. You can fill that form out if you wish...

Or you can contact a channel Mod (there are mods for zee, star, sony. ndtv etc) and put ur name or another members name foward... and wait for a response Smile

Hope that helped..

Henna x

chatterbox

IF-Sizzlerz

chatterbox

Posted: 14 March 2009 at 9:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Henna 786

Hmm this may help you *may be slighty outdated* http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=108788

However to become a mod/viewbie you have to be active in the section and show a mature attitude (causing fights or being in one isnt a good idea lol)
Helping other members is another brownie point.. usually newbies need alot of help finding their way around the forum as they are the ones who for the first week or so that demand to know where the update is or where the video is lol

A new feature has appeared in all sections on IF, it says somehting like Join the team or similar near the names of the people in charge of the forum. You can fill that form out if you wish...

Or you can contact a channel Mod (there are mods for zee, star, sony. ndtv etc) and put ur name or another members name foward... and wait for a response Smile

Hope that helped..

Henna x

hm that one is old  but i guess things have changd since
so practically what i wrote above was almost right

but here u  have mentioned something else
abt the new feature

i had seen that in all sections yes
abt join the team
but do u have any idea when the response comes to those who applid through that formEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedSmile

Naughty_n_nice

IF-Veteran Member

Naughty_n_nice

Posted: 16 March 2009 at 12:22pm | IP Logged

Response to applying through that will be known when the promotion list is put up. Henna seems to have covered everything, except that we'd prefer if you didn't suggest other members or get them to suggest you. We don't take them into consideration =)

Locking this as it's repetitive.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top