~*Reader of the Fortnight - godisone*~ - Page 5

Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by shellytt

Hi Lalitha,

Well you seem to be a really devoted individual so I thought it would be fun to test your knowledge of the Ramayan since it is technically a book and we are on Book Talk!

the questions are easy don't worry, but Have fun!  Thanks! I love Ramayan Quizzes!πŸ˜›

Question: In the epic Ramayana, which bird tried to prevent Ravana from carrying Sita away?

1) Vibhishan
2) Jatayu
3) Garuda
4) Bhulinga

Question: Ramayana, the great Indian epic, which every Indian child grows up learning about, is also the world's longest poem, with over 3 million verses. Which city is described as the birthplace of the main protagonist, Lord Rama?

1) Kashi
2) Dwaraka
3) Ayodhya
4) Varanasi

Question: Lord Dattatreya is confluence of Bramha, Vishnu and who else?

1) Indra
2) Maheshwara
3) Ganesha
4) Sai Baba

Question: Vishnu is a dwarf in which of his avatars?

1) Vashishta
2) Varaha
3) Vamana
4) Kurma

Question: According to Ramayana who was Lakshmana's mother?

1) Sumitra
2) Kaikeyi
3) Kausalya
4) Panchali

Question: What is the vehicle of Lord Kamadeva?

1) Parrot
2) Owl
3) Elephant
4) Swan

Question: Who is the king of wealth?

1) Agni
2) Vayu
3) Indra
4) Kubera

Question: Which river did Lopamudra become?

1) Godavari
2) Kaveri
3) Narmada
4) Tapti

Question: How was Sita related to Janaka?

1)       He married her cousin
2) She was his wife
3) She was his foster-daughter
4) He was her cousin

Question: What was the name of the woman who tried to become Rama's wife, only to have her ears, nose, and breasts chopped off by Lakshmana?

1) Tara
2) Ahalya
3) Mandodari
4) Kamavalli (Surpanakha)

Question: Whose bow did King Janaka make each of Sita's suitors try to string?

1) Vishnu's
2) Janaka's
3) Lakshmana's
4) Shiva's

Question: Who took Rama and Lakshmana on a quest at the beginning of 'The Ramayana'?

1) Vali
2) Sumanthra
3) Viswamithra
4) Jatayu

Question: What was the name of the King's wife who persuaded him to make Bharatha king?

1) Kooni
2) Kaikeyi
3) Kausalya
4) Sumithra

Question: Who did the King originally want to choose to replace him as king?

1) Kooni
2) Lakshmana
3) Rama
4) Bharatha

Question: What is the name of Rama's brother who goes with him into exile?

1) Bharatha
2) Dasartha
3) Ravana
4) Lakshmana

Question: Sita is the avatar of which spouse of Vishnu?

1) Durga
2) Lakshmi
3) Kali
4) Krishna

Question: Rama is the avatar of what Hindu God?

1) Kooni
2) Brahma
3) Vishnu
4) Shiva

Question: Around whose life is 'The Ramayana' centered?

1) Ravana
2) Rama
3) Dasaratha
4) Viswamithra

Nice Questions!πŸ‘πŸΌ Thanks!
Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

Nice Questions!πŸ‘πŸΌ Thanks!

You got all Right! (Which really isn't that much of a surpriseπŸ˜†πŸ˜†)
Here are some Pride and Prejudice Questions

1. Favorite character?
2. Favorite couple?
3. Favorite sister of Elizabeth?
4. Who's character did you find most interesting?
5. Most amusing?
6. How long did it take you to read this book?πŸ˜›
5. Favorite part?
6. Least favorite part?
7. BBC version or Movie? (sorry for the stupid question)

All I can currently think of...

Originally posted by MusicalAiswarya

Here are some Pride and Prejudice Questions

1. Favorite character? Mr. Darcy😳😍
2. Favorite couple? Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy of course!πŸ˜²πŸ˜†
3. Favorite sister of Elizabeth? Definitely Jane Bennet
4. Who's character did you find most interesting? Mr. Wickham (it's interesting contemplating the jealousy and hatred he held for Mr. Darcy for no fault of his.)
5. Most amusing? Lady Catherine DeBourgh
6. How long did it take you to read this book?πŸ˜› One Week
5. Favorite part? When Elizabeth visited Pemberley and found out she loved Mr. Darcy.😍
6. Least favorite part? When Elizabeth refused Mr. Darcy's first proposal.😭
7. BBC version or Movie? (sorry for the stupid question) BBC Version!πŸ˜›

All I can currently think of...Thanks for the Questions!

Lalitha - Congratulations!! Trust you had a good week on the hot seat! I have rather stepped in late ( have been a bit inactive on the IF owing to work travel), but dont want to miss my question to you while I can, before your week on the hot seat ends - so here goes -

If you were a book yourself , and you could feel and think for yourself, what would your thoughts be like - what would you want the reviews to be like, what would you want to be all about - a book about ? , who would you want your readers to be ? - A day in your life as a book really...

Look forward to your thoughts...

Originally posted by -Navi

Do this quiz then post your results:

http://www.allthetests.com/quiz13/quizpu.php?testid=1114736676

Thanks for the quizπŸ€—. Here are my results.

For 60 % you are: You are ROMANCE. You are romantic and like things to be beautiful and classy. You also prefer things formal, and enjoy relationships a lot.
23.69 % of 1030 Quiz participants had this profile!

You could also get this result:
For 30 % you are: You are a CLASSIC. You are completely normal, and are definitely down to earth. You have plans for the future which generally involve a good education, and are unlikely to do something like run off and elope. You've probably got a lot of friends because people generally find you endearing.

Or even this one:
For 10 % you are: You are FANTASY. You live in a dream world, and enjoy fairy tales, although you may not admit it. Your one wish would be something fantastic like to be able to do magic or fly. You want to believe in magic, even if you don't. You are constantly daydreaming, and are very creative.

Or even this one:
For 0 % you are: You are HORROR. You are constantly telling scary stories with which you are obsessed, and you think death is always just around the corner. You have a somewhat dark sense of humor, and are pretty much normal except for that.

Or even this one:
For 0 % you are: You are HUMOR. You like to joke around with your friends, and you have a lot of friends. You like to be the center of attention, but everyone you know also wants you to be the center of attention because you're so darned funny, so that's alright. Everyone likes you for the most part, but you can sometimes come off as a bit cocky.

Originally posted by sareeta

Lalitha - Congratulations!! Trust you had a good week on the hot seat! I have rather stepped in late ( have been a bit inactive on the IF owing to work travel), but dont want to miss my question to you while I can, before your week on the hot seat ends - so here goes -

If you were a book yourself , and you could feel and think for yourself, what would your thoughts be like - what would you want the reviews to be like, what would you want to be all about - a book about ? , who would you want your readers to be ? - A day in your life as a book really...

Thanks Sareeta!πŸ˜ƒ I will answer this shortly. I want to think it out before I answer.😊

Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

Thanks Sareeta!πŸ˜ƒ I will answer this shortly. I want to think it out before I answer.😊

Glad! Will look forward to your comments! :-)
Originally posted by sareeta

"I've been stuck on this shelf too long - far too long - it's not fair! What have I ever done? My cover is glossy with newness, my pages do not have one rip or tear, and I'm interesting to read. Okay, I admit it, I'm beautiful! Yet, she won't read me! "Wieland  puts me to sleep," she says. As if! I may have pardoned her disinterest in me if she simply did not like to read, but she does! She reads Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter and all those mighty adventurous novels! What do I lack? I'm well written, and my content is suitable for her age. If only she'll give me a chance, I know she would love me! *Sigh* Great, now she's packing me away. No - No - she's giving me away! Nooooooo!

Well, I'm in my new home now, and I must say, it's a much better place than where I came from. Bob loves to read me. He says Charles Brockden Brown is his favorite writer, and I'm his favorite book. *Sigh happily* This is life!"