Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Racism today ... (Page 6)

return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 9:18pm | IP Logged
You know the thing about colored people that makes me wonder. Where the hell are the transparent people? Surprisingly Qwerty has a point here, America is a red, white and blonde country.

I do not think 'Black becoming President' is over hyped. No one really expected that Americans would rise above their biases to vote for a black man. Now this is not to discredit Obama in any way. Irrespective of color he is an intelligent, smart and capable man. The hype is a complement to the nation that years of negative perception towards black people did not cloud their choice.

However, I would not say the same is true for black people. How many black people would have voted for Obama if he was white? Why is it that black people seem to care when one of them is involved? I do not want to sound prejudiced or racist, but that is the way many black people in the United States think. When Obama won, one of the first few things that I told people was tht 'black people no longer can whine that its the white man ruling the country'. My personal theory is that now that black people can no longer blame government, they want to blame racism for the government. Just a personal perception.

From my observation along with some racial perspective, black people have built a negative stereotype for themselves. This makes it harder for other black people to succeed. One of the black people I worked with literally had to move out of her pre-dominantly black neighborhood as her daughter got beaten up by

All that serious jazz. Seriously racism. Life is just one big race. Whats more with one or more or hybrid races. It's just like vampires vs werewolves just not as sexy or fun. Sometimes I wonder if we all fell down a hole and living in a lalaland. Like the dodo told Alice that the race track is a circle of any shape that does not matter, where everybody has won and everybody must get prices. Sometime you open your mouth and bang slam you are Alice and give everyone prizes. No wonder the queen of hearts went "Off With their heads".

There is just way too much PC going on in the world. Come on people, be a Mac once in a while. Stereotypes are fun to make fun of, sometimes you just get in on it and have a laugh. Everybody why so serious?

I'm the crazy colored person who aims to head the minority wing of the KKK. Separate but equal. Whats so wrong in monkeying around a bit for once. Are we like too evolved or something for that. I'm the one who thinks 'thats so gay' is a universal adjective to define everying from Barack Obama to Sarah Palin, from FOX NEWS to Anderson Cooper 360, racism to men in pink tutus performing swanlake. Like talking about racism, its so gay. And don't even get started on how derogatory that is cause thats like so gay.

Yes, I am the one who is most likely to die, attacked by a lynch mob. But someone's got to step up to equal opportunity hatred, like Sarah Silverman - Jewish people driving German Cars - It's the opposite of FUBU.

Mindbender IF-Sizzlerz
Mindbender
Mindbender

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

You know the thing about colored people that makes me wonder. Where the hell are the transparent people? Surprisingly Qwerty has a point here, America is a red, white and blonde country.
LOL

I do not think 'Black becoming President' is over hyped. No one really expected that Americans would rise above their biases to vote for a black man. Now this is not to discredit Obama in any way. Irrespective of color he is an intelligent, smart and capable man. The hype is a complement to the nation that years of negative perception towards black people did not cloud their choice.

However, I would not say the same is true for black people. How many black people would have voted for Obama if he was white? Why is it that black people seem to care when one of them is involved? I do not want to sound prejudiced or racist, but that is the way many black people in the United States think. When Obama won, one of the first few things that I told people was tht 'black people no longer can whine that its the white man ruling the country'. My personal theory is that now that black people can no longer blame government, they want to blame racism for the government. Just a personal perception.

Can i question that ?
Rather , i just want to know how you came to the conclusion that black people in US normally would never vote for a white if a black is standing against him?
I mean we have to give credit to Obama for winning over a considerable number of whites
(He was deserving , and even for those who don't consider him deserving,
he was at least not out of competition)
, so i guess we cannot say that we'll consider this election as a benchmark for "black voting for black when a white is standing against him " . However , if there are more examples , i 'd be eager to know about them Smile

qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 20 February 2009 at 6:52am | IP Logged

Its nothing to do with this.. The basic reason is these are not related incidents and the cartoonists subliminal biases against the color which the president conforms to atleast 50% ...comes out in a gross manner.. this was an absurd cartoon and there was no reason to laugh here.. Obama should sent this cartoonist to guantanamo bay.or something....before its really closed...for lack ot creativity than anything else...

I love dark humor.. but this wasn't even the case.....

Edited by qwertyesque - 20 February 2009 at 6:54am
diamond-girl Newbie
diamond-girl
diamond-girl

Posted: 20 February 2009 at 7:14am | IP Logged
i think tht prejudice racism is da one tht we need 2 luk out 4 bcuz there r ppl out dere who r racist towards other ppl buh dey dnt say it out they just judge other persons religion without dem knwing. which is y there is a big racism issues in the world. i mean if we dnt stop being prejudice toeards other ppls belief hw we gna stp dis discrimination tht is going on in the world?
Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 20 February 2009 at 7:58am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 20 February 2009 at 10:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Its nothing to do with this.. The basic reason is these are not related incidents and the cartoonists subliminal biases against the color which the president conforms to atleast 50% ...comes out in a gross manner.. this was an absurd cartoon and there was no reason to laugh here.. Obama should sent this cartoonist to guantanamo bay.or something....before its really closed...for lack ot creativity than anything else...

I love dark humor.. but this wasn't even the case.....

Many cartoons out there are not funny.  Many cartoons have a moronic take on what's going on around us.  That doesn't make them the center of controversies like this one did.  This particular cartoon was first opposed for its supposedly racial slur --- this is what I don't agree with.  I never claimed it was funny or clever.  I only asked why everything turns out to be about race with our current president. 

Simple, a thing in this case a cartoon that doesnt serve its purpose (make someone laugh) has to be viewed from the point of view of unnecessary provocation...and intent thereof on the part of the artist.... btw so it wasn't funny .. what is it supposed even mean according to you...after all it has to mean something!!!
Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 20 February 2009 at 10:35am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 20 February 2009 at 11:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

You know the thing about colored people that makes me wonder. Where the hell are the transparent people? Surprisingly Qwerty has a point here, America is a red, white and blonde country. Yeah.. especially in the south where u c those "real" bleach blondes unlike the peroxide ones in teh north...LOL

I do not think 'Black becoming President' is over hyped. No one really expected that Americans would rise above their biases to vote for a black man. Now this is not to discredit Obama in any way. Irrespective of color he is an intelligent, smart and capable man. The hype is a complement to the nation that years of negative perception towards black people did not cloud their choice. see i dont think u can ignore the fact that obama is half white so his grey shade has still some casting aspersions on his being on their side...Smile.. he is smart and maybe intelligent... but he talks too much.. he should be asked more questions with "yes" or "no" options.. he pushes he verbosity to the point its lacks conviction...blacks dont get that... they just are busy crying the tears of joy over his oratory...Smile

However, I would not say the same is true for black people. How many black people would have voted for Obama if he was white? Why is it that black people seem to care when one of them is involved? I do not want to sound prejudiced or racist, but that is the way many black people in the United States think. When Obama won, one of the first few things that I told people was tht 'black people no longer can whine that its the white man ruling the country'. My personal theory is that now that black people can no longer blame government, they want to blame racism for the government. Just a personal perception. i think the reason blacks seem to care when its one of them is evn though the whole world has stopped being explicitly rascist and there are laws... they feel its the way of being silently condescending.. when people go on the route of affirmative action they feel...that others still think of them as "needy"... so especially in this country where freedom of racism is repressed by sham of goodwill or by law.. the real message fails to reach the blacks.. remember i have been calling america as too shallow.. and thats what it is in this case...it devises law to protect somethings but the law has to be published... and some people should appear as beneficiaries..thats what I would call being legally demeaning  so.. thats another reason... most blacks will never trust others...- its like we buy somethings thats marketed strongly but do we realize only things that "deserve" or have a short coming have to be marketed strongly...Smile

From my observation along with some racial perspective, black people have built a negative stereotype for themselves. This makes it harder for other black people to succeed. One of the black people I worked with literally had to move out of her pre-dominantly black neighborhood as her daughter got beaten up by No dont blame it on the blacks.. they havent built a stereotype... they just dont have trust... in these other colors. thats about it...and I think thats right especially if one is in the America.. where people jump to lable someone with stereo-types without full justification...Smile

All that serious jazz. Seriously racism. Life is just one big race. Whats more with one or more or hybrid races. It's just like vampires vs werewolves just not as sexy or fun. Sometimes I wonder if we all fell down a hole and living in a lalaland. Like the dodo told Alice that the race track is a circle of any shape that does not matter, where everybody has won and everybody must get prices. Sometime you open your mouth and bang slam you are Alice and give everyone prizes. No wonder the queen of hearts went "Off With their heads".

There is just way too much PC going on in the world. Come on people, be a Mac once in a while. Stereotypes are fun to make fun of, sometimes you just get in on it and have a laugh. Everybody why so serious?

I'm the crazy colored person who aims to head the minority wing of the KKK. Separate but equal. Whats so wrong in monkeying around a bit for once. Are we like too evolved or something for that. I'm the one who thinks 'thats so gay' is a universal adjective to define everying from Barack Obama to Sarah Palin, from FOX NEWS to Anderson Cooper 360, racism to men in pink tutus performing swanlake. Like talking about racism, its so gay. And don't even get started on how derogatory that is cause thats like so gay.

Yes, I am the one who is most likely to die, attacked by a lynch mob. But someone's got to step up to equal opportunity hatred, like Sarah Silverman - Jewish people driving German Cars - It's the opposite of FUBU.nice rambling though i think its more to do with aesthetics.. every effort i can put i wont be able to find one ugly blonde... and thats the truth.... some colors are superior over the others in aesthetics... until someone really ugly (a debate deterrentLOL) wants to talk about the beauty within..

same is the case of muslims.. can america trust even educated muslims after the beheading of that muslim lady and the so-called "honor" killings..right here in  this country!!!!. the underpinnings of the some beliefs are not necessarily pro-life...  I feel america is a coward...as a collective and doesnt want to call a spade a spade...

Edited by qwertyesque - 20 February 2009 at 11:49am

Go to top