Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Aishwarya’s statue @ Tussauds wax museum

Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 06 September 2004 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
Ash gets waxed at Tussauds

TIMESOFINDIA.COM[ MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 06, 2004 02:29:01 PM ]

There may have been many occasions when Aishwarya Rai saw herself in the mirror and wanted her beauty to be framed. Come September end, Ash will come face to face with herself, at London's legendary waxwork museum, Madame Tussauds.

Ms Rai's wax dummy will be exhibited alongside those of Hollywood icons Brad Pitt, Elizabeth Taylor and Madonna. This is no ordinary honour, with the only other Indian filmstar to find a place there being Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan.

Aishwarya is elated. "It's difficult to put down what I'm feeling in words," she says. "But I am thankful to God and people who love me for what's happening to me. My journey to this position has been very enriching."

Ash will be present at the installation ceremony, informs Juliet Reese, UK publicist of Ash's first international film Bride and Prejudice .

"The buzz about her in the West, especially UK, is very strong. Since there couldn't have been a broader horizon than this, the UK distributors of Bride and Prejudice approached Madame Tussauds, who agreed," says Juliet.
That Ash is causing a stir beyond India is even more evident by the number of international magazine covers she's gracing. After Hello , she'll be on Harpers & Queen and Night & Day amongst others.

Madame Tussaud's creates only 15 new figures each year. Initialy political figures from South Asia, including wax-works of Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi, Rajiv Gandhi and Benazir Bhutto were regular features at the museum.

It was much later and only after numerous requests that Bollywood figures came into the picture.

Apart from Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai, who figured on the favourite list, other names include Anil Kapoor and Shah Rukh Khan.

Edited by MysticaMagic - 06 September 2004 at 1:03pm

*Anjali* IF-Dazzler
*Anjali*
*Anjali*

Posted: 06 September 2004 at 5:49pm | IP Logged
wow, good for her (although those magazine names aren't really familiar to me Wink)
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top