Jyoti

~!*!~ Jyoti Articles Archive ~!*!~ (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 16

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 13 July 2009 at 2:39am | IP Logged
Sarwar Ahuja, who is currently playing the lead role of a blind man on the NDTV show Jyoti, celebrated his birthday in style this Friday. The whole unit pitched in together for a surprise party on the sets for our birthday boy.
And it looks as if a triple treat was in store for the crew members that day. Not only was it Sarwar's birthday but also the lead cameraman's plus it was the show's 100th episode since its inception.

A special day indeed!

Sarwar had no idea about celebrations and was truly surprised to see the party come alive right after the pack up before midnight.

"Occasions like these become more sparkling in such a close knit group" Sarwar says fondly, "The unit has become a second family to me and it felt great to celebrate such a special occasion with everyone" he adds.

The show has some exciting twists and turns for the fans in the coming weeks now that the marriage is over.

"Romance is going to be in the air" reveals Sarwar with a mischievous smile.

Sarwar took the next day off for his birthday and jokes that the producers were kind enough to bear with him for the special occasion. Slated to make an entry into Bollywood, Sarwar seems to have a promising year ahead.

http://hamaraphotos.com/bollywood/scoops/sarwar-caught-by-surprise-on-his-birthday.html

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KMH_Arjuhi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~!*!~ Jyoti Articles Archive ~!*!~ (Page 5)" in Jyoti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 13 July 2009 at 3:42am | IP Logged

Sarwar Ahuja's surprise birthday party..

Sarwar Ahuja who plays the protagonist in NDTV Imagine's Jyoti got a good surprise this Friday as the unit celebrated ...

KMH_Arjuhi

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 18 July 2009 at 9:00am | IP Logged
Sneha Wagh's food favourites

Sweet and svelte Sneha Wagh aka Jyoti talks about her health and her fitness regime:
Fitness mantra: Yoga

Diet mantra: I am not on any diet right now

Exercise routine: Exercising daily is difficult for me because of my shooting schedule. But every morning I make it a point to do surya namaskar.

Are you a foodie? Yes, and I love to eat

Are you a vegetarian or a non-vegetarian? I am a hardcore non-vegetarian.

Favourite cuisine: Indian and Chinese

Favourite dish: Tandoori chicken

Favourite restaurant: Flora near Worli Seaface

Sugar or Sugarfree: I have tea, sugar-free.

Lunch consists of… Chapati, sabzi, but no rice

Dinner is… I usually have anything at night.

Dessert delights… I rarely eat desserts.

My favourtie drink… Lassi.

My favourite liquor… I don't drink.

For a date I would prefer…. Candlelight dinner, and the menu would be decided by me.

At parties I have… I sometimes party with my friends.

Experiment with food? I love to experiment with food.

Most unusual dish I've tasted… Have not come across any, if I do will surely let you know.

On the streets, I love… I love streetfood especially pani puri.

One place I would never eat at again… No such place

Do you cook? Yes, I love cooking.

Your favourite recipe… Dal chawal

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090718_98

KMH_Arjuhi

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 18 July 2009 at 9:21am | IP Logged
Discovery of a trendsetter-reality-show, Sarwar Ahuja, gets candid in an interview and reveals about his no-more single status and shares his views on relationships.

1. How was your first relationship?
I met her in college. It was typical teenage love story. I use to prepare cakes for her and pleased her with gifts. Generally materialistic things do not matter but my timings did wonders. First relationship is the best thing that happens to anyone.

2. What did you learn from your last relationship?
I grew as a better person. I have learnt to respect women more. It has really made me very giving.

3. Encounter with Gays?
When I came to Mumbai, I didn't know about gays. I was not aware of how they approach people. One day I was sitting with a friend for a coffee. 'He' just walked in and was trying to be nice and friendly. But as I tend to give don't-mess-with-me vibes to everyone he could not try any further.

4. Do you have commitment phobia?
NO, I am seeing some who is not from the industry and it is almost a committed relation. I am not making it public because it is not the right time as you never know in a relation how things will go forward.

5. Any embarrassing experience on a date?
Often; I use to lie to my parents that I am going for tuitions and then get caught sitting in a caf with my girlfriend. "Oho achcha bete ullu banake gaya…kaha tha tution ja raha hun and you are sitting in a caf". Even now I lie because when you are in a relationship you like to take risk, its fun.  It's a sweet lie, isn't it!

6. What's your opinion on 'Public Display of Affection'?
I am not shy about moving ahead and showing some affection in public. It is all about making her feel special no matter wherever you are.  

7. Can you dare to bare onscreen?
To a certain extent where it is acceptable by my parents and people I love.

8. One Night Stand or Live-in relationship?
None. I don't see a reason to have fun with someone whom you are not in love. One should spend together as much time as they want, but the kind of society that we live in; guys are never blamed for anything but it constantly reflects on a women's life even after the relationship is called off.

9. What do you prefer Beauty or Brains?
Brains with good tinge of beauty

10. What's your opinion on an open relationship?
Ridiculous

http://news.desi**fo***.net/television/indian-television-news/962-i-didnt-know-about-gays-sarwar-ahuja.html

KMH_Arjuhi

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 21 July 2009 at 7:59am | IP Logged

I have a lot to learn from Jyoti!: Sneha

TNN 21 July 2009, 12:22pm IST
Print Email Discuss Bookmark/Share Save Comment Text Size: |
She recently got married on the show. She talks about her new
Sneha Wagh
life!

Life after marriage

Life has become happier. Jyoti has gone through a lot. Her whole life she has taken care of her parents and siblings. She had sacrificed her life for her family. But marriage has given her a life of her own.

Her onscreen husband Pankaj

Pankaj's is a very mature character. More than a husband, he is a friend to Jyoti. He understands and supports Jyoti and has always stood by her. Though he is physically challenged, he runs his business very successfully.

The next bahu on the small screen

(Laughs)Yeah, now even I'm a bahu and I am enjoying my new life. Now I will be seen in a saree, lots of jewellery and make-up.

Qualities a bahu should posses

The bahu has a very responsible role in the family. The foremost duty of a bahu is to keep the family together. She should look after her in-laws the way she looks at her family.

Marriage with a blind man in real life

A lot of thought needs to be put in. Marriage itself is a huge responsibility and getting married to a blind man further adds to the responsibility, but if the person is as good as Pankaj there stands a chance.

Journey from Sneha to Jyoti

It has been fun. Sneha and Jyoti are two different characters. Sneha is a fun loving, childish and slightly immature girl whereas Jyoti is a strong and mature girl who has taken the entire responsibility of the family on her shoulders. Sneha has still to learn a lot from Jyoti.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ENTERTAINMENT/TV-/I-have-a-lot-to-learn-from-Jyoti-Sneha/articleshow/4802207.cms

KMH_Arjuhi

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 2:45am | IP Logged
WHAT'S BREWING BETWEEN SRITI JHA AND VIKRANT MASSEY?

With backstabbing and cold-shouldering being a sight galore, close friendships and camaraderie amongst people in the same field is a heartening sight. While stumbling across some hearsay and perhaps an irrational bit of gossip, we found one such couple on television who are the thickest of friends; although they aren't really a couple in the traditional sense.

The stunning Sriti Jha of Jiya Jale and the amiable Vikrant Massey of Dharam Veer are a duo, who started their careers together with Disney Channel's teen show Dhoom Machaao Dhoom, which also gave a break to stars like Jay Bhanushali.

From our sources, we got to know that the two started their careers simultaneously, have been together for the past many years, and have been inseparable since then. The question has been on everyone's lips, but the answer has been always an open-ended guess. Are the two really a couple? Or is this another mere story of simple friendship that rumour mongers have twisted and tainted?

It seems that we aren't the only ones with the question on our minds. To get the real dope behind this buzz, we spoke to both the people concerned. When we called Vikrant, the first thing he said (even before we asked him anything about Sriti) was, "No, I am not dating Sriti Jha."

Obviously, the question has been lingering on his mind and he seems to be tired of all the speculations regarding Sriti and his relationship. "We are extremely close friends. I know her from the time of our first pilot together, for the show Dhoom Machaao Dhoom, in Delhi. Born and brought up in Mumbai, I was new to Delhi, so it was Sriti who showed me around the place. That's how we became friends," he explains.

This acquaintance began on the auditions of their first serial and blossomed even more when the base of the show was shifted from Delhi to Mumbai, where they shot the serial. "When she came to Mumbai, she was new and so I showed her around the place," says Vikrant.

Apparently, there seems to be not just two but three people involved in this close companionship; the third being their co-star Maanvi Gagroo who played Ambika Gill (Bikki) in Dhoom…. "The three of us are best friends," he maintains.

That's the version given to us by Vikrant when asked about Sriti. Friends are nothing but one soul in two bodies and Sriti proves it right as she voices the same opinion as her friend Vikrant, "We met on the sets of Dhoom…; we are good friends. We often hang out together when Vikrant comes back from his shoots in Baroda, where he shoots for Dharam Veer. But that's it. There is nothing more to it. I am certainly not dating him or for that matter anyone else."

Both the parties have fervently rubbished the rumours and have given their justifications. But when has there been any smoke without fire? Certainly there must be something more than just friendly indications that must have led to all these theories. "We spend a lot of time together. Such rumours have started because Sriti is a big star now. Many a time, she calls me up and tells me when she hears such things about us," says the boy involved.

What's more, there is also a twist to this story. Exasperated by all the untoward gossip, Vikrant has admitted to Showtime that he is dating someone, but it's definitely not Sriti. His love interest for the past six-and-a-half years has been a certain school friend, whose name he wishes not to disclose, for personal reasons. As for Sriti, she is busy concentrating on her career and is not in a steady relationship.

Though they deny any sort of a romantic liaison, rumours of them being a couple are certainly the talk of the town and it's going to take a lot more than just quotes like 'We are close friends' to keep impatient tongues from wagging. In any case, all those who thought that friendship between a guy and girl in the glamour world couldn't be platonic, could take a cue or two from Sriti and Vikrant!   

**BY PURVAJA SAWANT

-- k k rai

http://www.magnamags.com/index.php/200804231608/showtime/features/jiya-jale-with-dharam.html

KMH_Arjuhi

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 8:06am | IP Logged
Sneha Wagh, new bahu on the block

Small screen's super bahus Parvati and Tulsi have left behind a new lot of heirs to their crowns: Sara Khan, Parul Chauhan, Smita Bansal, Avika Gor, Neha Marda, Prabhleen Sandhu, Natasha Sharma and Priyanka Mishra.
The latest entrant is Sneha Wagh, who plays Jyoti in Sphere Origins's Jyoti on NDTV Imagine.

Sneha says about her character Jyoti, who is a mature and responsible bahu, "The character has a lot of shades. She has been a responsible daughter and sister, and now is a sensible wife and bahu too. The fact that she plays the wife of a blind person adds a lot of challenge to the character."

With every show having its own distinctive bahu, who is Sneha's favourite? "Tulsi has been the best bahu on screen. I always admired her in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. She was a strong character and always fought for the truth."

Let's see how Jyoti fares.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090723_117

KMH_Arjuhi

-Sharona-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Sharona-

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 5:08pm | IP Logged

Pagadi ne kiya Sar Bhaari

By Suman on Thursday, July 9th, 2009

The last week Jyoti got married to Pankaj, so in a chit-chat with her on-screen brother Sandeep played by Varun Khandelwal, as to how was his experience. He says "The whole marriage was so enjoyable, we were all eagerly waiting for Jyoti to get married. I enjoyed the entire sequence… especially the part where I had to don the Pagdi."

varun
varun
When asked as to what was so special in donning the Pagdi, he squirps "Yaar, the Pagdi was so bhaari and above that I had to keep it on my nazuk head for 7 whole hours. It was giving me head aches and my whole head was churning with pain." That seems to be a sad story Varun. Hope you try to enjoy the same way when yon don a pagdi

KMH_Arjuhi

Post Reply New Post

Go to top