Jyoti

~!*!~ Jyoti Articles Archive ~!*!~ (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 16

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 05 June 2009 at 3:18am | IP Logged
Meet the Real 'Jyoti'… Sneha Wagh

Sneha Wagh, who plays the title role in Jyoti (NDTV Imagine), didn't know that she would become a household name when she made her debut on national TV with the show. Wagh started her acting career four years ago through Marathi theatre. She never dreamt that she would ever be a part of Hindi television.

Here's all you need to know about the talented actress:

Date of birth: October 4, 1987

School: Holy Cross Common Girls' High School, Kalyan

College: BSc. Comp. Sc. From Birla College, Kalyan

Hobbies: I love reading fiction and listening to music. I am a very big fan of classical melodies. In fact, I've a huge collection of classics. I even love to eat all the time as I am a big foodie.

Prized possession: My red Alto, which I bought with my own salary.

Biggest accomplishment: When I scored 82% in my SSC exam, in Standard 10!

When not shooting, I love: Sleeping and just sleeping…

Favourite hangout: The malls or anywhere where I can chill out with my friends.

Turn on: Dance and good music.

Turn off: Bad body odour.

Sneha, in three words, is:
Sweet, jovial and mischievous.

First crush: It was and it is Hrithik Roshan. When I was in Standard 8, Kaho Na Pyaar Hai released. Since then and till today, I am deeply in love with him.

Favourite food: Tandoori chicken.

Favourite colour: Black, white and red.

Favourite outfit:
I like wearing jeans and tees.

Favourite Book: Nothing particular, but I love reading fiction.

Quick make-up tip: I don't really like to accessorise much but I love wearing any stone neck piece. I am also very particular about wearing heavy kaajal.

3 bag 'must haves':
My wallet, chocolates and deo. Perfumes and deo are a must in my bag; I am very fond of them.

Favourite TV shows:
I love watching music channels, of course. I also watch Jyoti, Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo and Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashma.

If not an actor:
I would have been an engineer. I was supposed to give my CET after Standard 12 but then I completely diverted to acting.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/June/News_20090605_22

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KMH_Arjuhi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~!*!~ Jyoti Articles Archive ~!*!~ (Page 3)" in Jyoti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Sharona-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Sharona-

Posted: 06 June 2009 at 7:48am | IP Logged

'Proudest moment was when I got the role of Jyoti' - Sneha Wagh

Sneha Wagh of NDTV Imagine's show Jyoti talks about her inspiration, ... 7

KMH_Arjuhi

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 14 June 2009 at 11:29pm | IP Logged
Jyoti touched by her Bhopal fans

In a very short span of time, Jyoti of NDTV Imagine has been successful in garnering an overwhelming response from viewers. Jyoti (portrayed by Sneha Wagh) is the story of Jyoti who sacrifices her own dreams and aspirations to fulfill every need and desire of her family. To celebrate the success of the show, recently Sneha visited Bhopal to visit the city and meet fans and supporters of the show.

Lead actress Sneha tells us about it, "We went for one day to Bhopal and did many promotional activities. Where ever we went, there was this Jyoti quiz wherein questions from the show were asked. I was so touched by the responses of my fans there. They were pampering me like a kid and in fact we went to SBI's women's wings where these ladies prepared different different dishes and got them for me. Some made poha, some pasta and then many even made sweet dishes. It was a great feeling."

Talking about it more, Sneha tells that this trip also included a surprise visit to one of the fan house. The excited on-screen Jyoti tells us, "We did a surprise visit to Mrs. Taale's place in Bhopal. And you will not imagine that when I reached there, I was literally shocked to see the entire society at her place all waiting to welcome me in their own special way. It was really sweet. They welcomed me by first doing my 'haldi-kumkum', then they tied a string on my wrist and then they gave me flowers."

However, the actress regrets not being able to spend time at the beautiful city as she was there for just a day. She says, "We went to Hanuman tekdi where we did the photo shoot followed by Mahalaxmi temple too. However, as we were there only for one day, I didn't get the time to view the city completely. I also saw the famous 'Bhopal lake' but unfortunately due to excessive heat, it had dried up, so couldn't enjoy that too."

Soon after this trip, Sneha will be heading to some other cities like Ahmedabad and few others for a promotional trip.

Jyoti airs every Monday to Friday at 8:30pm on NDTV Imagine.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/June/News_20090615_51

KMH_Arjuhi

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 18 June 2009 at 1:22am | IP Logged
Jyoti and Pankaj tie the knot

This week on Jyoti, lead character Jyoti enters a new phase in life. She ties the knot with her friend and companion Pankaj. Her marriage to Pankaj will not only open a new chapter in her life, but will also fill her world with love, care and affection. We take a look at her long and hard journey that led to this union.

In spite of sacrificing her dreams and aspirations to fulfill every need of her family, Jyoti faces nothing but contempt, bitterness and resentment instead of gratitude at every step. It was at Shishumangal, an orphanage, where Jyoti met Pankaj, a warm, affectionate and kindhearted person who was visually impaired. However, Pankaj never let his handicap come in his way and it was his positive, bright and independent nature that caught her admiration for him. Jyoti and Pankaj initially could not see eye to eye but slowly grew fond of each other and went on to become good friends.

When in a fit of weakness due to pressures put forth by her family, Jyoti attempted suicide and was stopped just in the nick of time by Pankaj. When she faced various trials and tribulations at every stage in life, it was Pankaj who guided her and eventually became her confidante. He took care of her and emotionally nursed her back to life bringing in a new ray of light and hope.

As the two spent more time with each other interacting with the Shishumangal kids, Pankaj got attracted to Jyoti's inner strength and beauty and proposed marriage to her. Pankaj's family members happily accept Jyoti into their home despite knowing her traumatic past and decide to host the wedding ceremony as she has cut off all ties with her own family. Jyoti's family now comprises of her best friend Kalpana, Kalpana's mother, Dayal uncle and the children from Shishumangal.

Marriage comprises of many colours that make for a successful relationship, however, Jyoti has chosen a life-partner who does not have the fortune of seeing these beautiful colours of life. Will Pankaj be able to give Jyoti the support, the love and the life that she truly deserves? Will the newly married couple live happily ever after? Find out by watching the serial on Thursday, June 18 at 8:30pm on NDTV Imagine.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/June/News_20090618_65

KMH_Arjuhi

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 18 June 2009 at 1:23am | IP Logged
Jyoti

Jyoti: Jyoti has always been a brave and an independent girl. Join her tomorrow as she enters a new phase in her life; she ties the knot with her friend and companion Pankaj. Her marriage to Pankaj will not only open a new chapter in her life but it will also fill her world with love, care and affection. Watch Jyoti at 8:30pm on NDTV Imagine.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/gallery.aspx?aid=374

KMH_Arjuhi

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 19 June 2009 at 3:18am | IP Logged

Sneha into Spitiruality

Leading lady of the serial Jyoti is looking at life differently now. Besides acting she is also a passionate reader. Presently she is following the path of kriya yoga. Yes the actress is reading an Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramhansa Yogananda.

"It's truly an amazing book. Many of the life's lessons have to be learnt from it. This is the best book I have ever read. It gives you an insight of rich Indian saint lineage and their lives. This book has totally changed my thought process and anybody can feel positive vibrations as he/she starts reading this holy book provided the person has that devotion and love for all", she shares her experience of reading the book.

Apart from autotrophies she has also read different fictional and comical books. "I like to read the books that follow a simple language and is in connection to life. I have read almost all the edition of Sydney Sheldon. At times I prefer light stories like for instance the best comedy flick is Trust Me by Rajshree it's a comic story about love, heart-break and friendship and I enjoy reading them", she briefs.

For now she is reading autobiography that is believed to be the treasure of spirituality. "I read autobiographies when I need some guidance in life. Otherwise I read comics when I feel low" she reasons her reading choices.

Reading leads to the growth of ones intrinsic personality and Sneha is on the path of growing.

http://news.desi**fo***.net/television/indian-television-news/663-sneha-into-spitiruality.html

KMH_Arjuhi

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 19 June 2009 at 3:20am | IP Logged

A new chapter in Jyoti's life

Jyoti will soon enter a new phase of her life. She is finally tying a knot with her friend and companion Pankaj.

Inspite of sacrificing her dreams and aspirations to fulfill family's need Jyoti reaped nothing but contempt, bitterness and resentment instead of gratitude. Jyoti and Pankaj met in Shishumangal, an orphanage where they use to spend time. Initially they could not stand each other but slowly grew fondness for each other and went on to become good friends. Gradually Jyoti realized that Pankaj is only visually impaired but has never let his handicap come in his way. It was his positive, bright and independent nature that caught her admiration for him. Pankaj got attracted to Jyoti's inner strength and beauty and proposed marriage to her. Pankaj's family happily accepted Jyoti despite knowing her traumatic past and decided to host the wedding ceremony as she has cut off all ties with her family. Jyoti's family now comprises of her best friend Kalpana, Kalpana's mother, Dayal uncle and the children from Shishumangal.

Pankaj may not have the fortune of seeing the beautiful colors of life but promises to fill in the colors of happiness and joy in Jyoti's life.

http://news.desi**fo***.net/television/indian-television-news/639-a-new-chapter-in-jyotis-life.html

KMH_Arjuhi

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 19 June 2009 at 5:54am | IP Logged
Nahi Milna!

Hum Phirr Milenge is a done-to-death love story. Girl meets boy at a hill station, they fall in love, they separate, girl believes in destiny but her family decides to marry her off to someone who isn't the love of her life. And then her dream boy returns to win her back by pleasing her family.

The movie has a late 80s, Barjatya films hangover with pista coloured walls, garish clothes, dark furniture and loud characters that make up the typical Indian family. The opening sequence is bizarre with a husband insulting his wife. The songs, composed by Sandesh Shandilya are too many and too boring. The dialogue made no sense.

The hero's friends are annoying and so is the hero. People drove red cars with red seats in the 70s, not in 2009. Sarwar Ahuja looks old; not young and fresh. He needs a haircut pronto.

Khushi Govil is coy, cute, sweet and simple in a very Indian way. Her long haired wig is so pass and her make up is overdone.

The sequence where the girl bids goodbye to the boy and writes her number on a chit of paper has been lifted from the hit romantic comedy Serendipity, starring John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale.

Then the hero and heroine meeting coincidentally all the time is a tad too much to digest. Also, we have seen the protective anti-hero female friend (of the heroine) too many times before. The hero and heroine hanging out in the mountains with their friends is so DDLJ.

You have seen the Riya Sen item number too many times on TV so there is no need to wait for it to spice up the banal proceedings in the second half.

I could barely last through the first half and I wasn't the only one. I was just grateful that the seats were the plush Red Lounge ones so all of us poor, tired souls could put our feet up and go to sleep. The only people watching the movie and cheering were people connected to the movie.

Rating: 0.5 on 5

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/June/News_20090619_74

KMH_Arjuhi

Post Reply New Post

Go to top