~!*!~ Jyoti Articles Archive ~!*!~ - Page 11

Posted: 13 years ago

Rakt Sambandh is her third show as the female protagonist and Sriti Jha is upbeat about playing Sandhya on the show which will air on Imagine. This is going to be the most challenging character Jha has ever portrayed as Sandhya is blind. A test of her acting skills and perseverance, Jha hopes to strike the right chord with her viewers in her new avatar.

Sriti talks about the show and the kind of grooming she had gone through for the challenge:

How does it feel to be a part of Rakt Sambandh?
This is my third role as a lead after Jiya Jale and Shaurya Aur Suhaani and is different from all the previous shows I have done. Apart from being the lead what makes Sandhya more interesting is that she is blind, so for the actor in Sriti it is a big challenge to portray her convincingly. I feel blessed by getting the opportunity to play this character.

How did you react when you were offered this role?
I was like - 'Please do this to me', but when I heard the screenplay, I became sure that I wanted to essay the role of Sandhya.

You are playing Mentally unsound in Jyoti and now physically challenged in Rakt Sambandh. What kind of homework did you go through for the latter?
Since the character is extremely challenging I have been doing a lot of homework to get it right and continuing to do so. The most important tool to acting is eyes as we express through them and if you take my eyes away from me I would be handicapped and dead as an actor but that's what makes it extra-ordinary for me and I am upbeat to play this role. Talking about Sandhya, she is least affected by her shortcoming. She loses her sight and mother at the age of four in an accident but leads a normal life unruffled by her blindness.

Tell us a bit about your character Sandhya?
Sandhya is the youngest among the five sisters and thus a pampered child of the family. She is a very happy girl and content too in life. She is educated, honest, self-sufficient and can take care of herself like any other normal person.

Did you visit any blind schools to get into the skin of the character?
Unfortunately I couldn't due to time constraint.  have been watching movies like Black, Sparsh and Fanaa and also have taken tips from Sarwar Ahuja, who is my co-actor on Jyoti and is shown blind on the show. I am also reading the autobiography of Helen Keller which is amazing.

Define Rakt Sambandh?
As suggested by the title, the show is about the bonding and relationship of five sisters. Five different stories will run on parallel tracks thereby focusing on five different couples and their lifestyle. It is how these five stories culminate into one where all the five sisters come together in the times of crisis.

So will Sudha take a backseat now?
Sudha can never take a backseat as the character is very close to me. She is as dear to me as Sandhya is.

Have you become an Imagine's child considering that this is your second show on the channel?
They have really taken good care of me. Imagine I am the Imagine's child (laughs).

But the show isn't doing too well on the GRP charts?
I am not trying to defend myself but am not an ambitious person. For me the channel comes secondary as the character and story are of primary importance. If I get a good character to portray, all I focus on is to essay it with supreme honesty and dexterity.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Sriti-Jha-excited-about-Rakt-Sambandh&aid=1875

Kabir to face opposition from his family in Jyoti..

Imagine's Jyoti will see the introduction of Kabir's family who will oppose to the wedding of ...

Sriti Can't Resist Aloo Gobi
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 
Monday, 05 July 2010 18:05
0diggsdigg

vote
nowBuzz up!

Sriti Jha

Sriti Jha, a.k.a Sudha of 'Jyoti' fame, is having a great time sitting home today. It's not that she's oblivious to the plight of the poor who have called for a nation-wide bandh (closure) to protest against the price hike. The girl is simply happy to have the company of her mother and the delicacies prepared by mom.

"I will not say that the timing of my mom's arrival is right, but apparently I've been joking to my friends that my mother has played a hand in the bandh. She's been here for the past three weeks. As a result, I'm having a good time savoring mom-made food,' said Jha who will soon be seen in a new show 'Rakt Sambandh'.

So, what's the special dish today?

"I know it may come as a shock to everyone, but I simply love Aloo Gobi. A lot of people may find it very boring, but that's my favourite. Mom's cooked that today. My appetite has increased in the last three weeks eating mummy's food. The problem though is that in spite of the increase, I haven't gained a single pound. Perhaps, my metabolism works really fast;' replied the actress.

So, Sriti admirers now know how to woo the petite girl.

Sriti will be playing a blind girl in the soon-to-be-launched show 'Rakt Sambandh'. Guess, mummy dear will have to feed dear daughter with carrot juice too.

"Yes, you're right. In fact, my mother has been forcing me to have lots of juices. She's feels I'm not looking after my health," Jha says before breaking into laughter.

Keep the juices flowing.

--Mayur Lookhar / TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/television-news-and-gossip/687-sriti-cant-resist-aloo-gobi.html
Will Kabir survive his families torment in Jyoti?

Imagine TV's Jyoti will see a chief twist wherein Thisodia family takes a major step to stop ...

Ankit Arora back to imagine with Jyoti

Ankit Arora who essayed the role of Laxman in Imagine's Ramayan will now play a pivotal role in ...

Jyoti To Marry Kabir; Pankaj To Return
PoorBest 
Saturday, 31 July 2010 19:07
0diggsdigg

vote
nowBuzz up!

Sneha Wagh

Getting back its old slot has benefited 'Jyoti' immensely as the ratings have soured from 0.6 to now over 1 mark. However, there wasn't much change in Jyoti's fortunes as she was forced to leave the new man in her life.

But happier days are set to arrive as Jyoti (Sneha Wagh) will eventually marry Kabir (Aamir Dalvi).

A source closely associated with the show informs, "The show will take an interesting twist with Jyoti finally agreeing to marry Kabir. This wasn't possible earlier as Pankaj (Sarvar Ahuja) had created feud between them which held to Jyoti leaving Kabir. Pankaj's track will be ending for now. Kabir will now be marrying Jyoti. The weeding is expected to air after first week of August".
Pankaj may be gone for now but, he's certain to return. "After the marriage, there will be a leap of five years. Pankaj will then be surfacing again to claim custody of the daughter. That's how the drama will continue. 'Jyoti' is here to stay for long", the source added.
We tried calling the actors but to no avail.

--Mayur Lookhar / TellyCafe.com
"I Have Made A Fool Of Myself": Srithi Jha
PoorBest 
Monday, 02 August 2010 12:31
0diggsdigg

vote
nowBuzz up!

Srithi Jha, who had made a comeback with Imagine TV's 'Rakht Sambhandh', will now be seen in one of the episodes of Imagine TV's new offering 'Meethi Chhoori No.1'. But the lady thinks that out of excitement, she has made a fool of herself on national television. Let's see why she says so.

As we know that Srithi is a chatter box and while talking about her this quality Srithi says, "Actually before starting with 'Meethiā€¦' I was damn scared thinking how the show will be, as the name says 'Meethi Chhoori...' The pattern in which the show is formatted sounded very petrifying.  Discussions on the topics of the show can turn into cold wars amongst the participants. It was not I but all the other ladies with me were nervous about the shows pattern and the questions that they might ask".

So why do you think that you have made fool of yourself in the show? "Actually I am a kind of girl who does not speak a lot with new people but once I get friendly with them, I can't stop and speak everything, good or bad. Same thing happened with me in the show. Initially I was not speaking much but as soon as everyone got friendly to me, I could not stop talking and I went on and on with the topic. I have just made fool of myself with my talking. It was totally different from any other reality show. The moment the director says action, the control over our tongues is alomost lost. And I just lost too much control on my words and made a fool of myself (Laughs)", explains Srithi.

Never mind Srithi, but we know that your words must have put more spice to the episode.

--Tejashree Bhopatkar/ TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/television-news-and-gossip/899-i-have-made-a-fool-of-myself-srithi-jha.html
'Desi Girl' Roshni To Dance At Jyoti-Kabir Wedding
PoorBest 
Tuesday, 03 August 2010 11:33
0diggsdigg

vote
nowBuzz up!

Roshni Chopra

Imitation is the best form of flattery. Television thrives on this policy. If you've scrolled through most TV channels in the last month, you'll find uncanny similarities in the tracks of most shows.

Death, leap, or hidden relationship, most TV shows have adopted either of these tracks. A new dimension has been added to TV wedding, with the producer/channel making it a grand affair. Celebrities, who have nothing to do with the show, are being roped in as guest performers. The trend was started by Sony's 'Baat Hamari Pakki Hai' where popular faces like Rakhi Sawant, Bappi Lahiri, Mahhi Vij, and Aamir Ali earned some additional income.

Imagine TV, the first channel to introduce paid guests but on non-fiction, are now adopting the same theory for fiction too. 'Jyoti', one of its old shows, will soon see the wedding of the protagonist and Kabir (Aamir Dalvi). Sony managed to create hype around the show.

The Jyoti-Kabir wedding might not be as grand as Shravan-Saachi nuptial, but Imagine is doing its best to keep up the interest. Roshni Chopra, who recently won 'Desi Girl', a reality show on Imagine TV, must not have expected to chip in with extra efforts post 'Desi Girl'. The lady is among the first celebrity guests to dance at Jyoti  (Sneha Wagh) and Kabir's wedding. She'll be shooting for this sequence today.

We wonder how the lady must be feeling. Well, she definitely is likely to be rewarded for her efforts. Given her age, and marital status, it's unlikely that Chopra will bag more offers. Shaking a leg or two at a reel wedding isn't bad option.

Who's next after Roshni? How about asking the controversial pair of Mr. and Mrs. Rahul Mahajan to return the favor? They may not look pretty, but seeing them together might allay fears of their separation.

--Mayur Lookhar/TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/television-news-and-gossip/908-desi-girl-roshni-to-dance-at-jyoti-kabir-wedding.html
"I Will Comeback With Something Unusual": Sarwar Ahuja
PoorBest 
Tuesday, 03 August 2010 15:13
0diggsdigg

vote
nowBuzz up!

Sarwar Ahuja

Sarwar Ahuja, who was lately seen in Balaji Telefilms' 'Keshav Pandit', aired on Zee TV, in the lead role is in a holiday mood. After the show went off air on July 24, Sarwer made up his mind not to go back to TV soon.

"After working hard for almost 7-8 months, now it's time to chill and relax. I was planning to go for a long trip after 'Keshav Pandit' winds up. Now the planning has been done. Even my bags are packed. I simply have to lift my bag and start the journey. I am in no mood to work for a month", says Sarwar. When asked about his future plans, he quips, "Once I am back from my tour, I will be back with a bang, or you can say that I will comeback with something unusual (Laughs)", signs off Sarwar.

--Tejashree Bhopatkar / TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/television-news-and-gossip/910-i-will-comeback-with-something-unusual-sarwar-ahuja.html
Fight Club
Buzz up!
Everyone has a threshold limit, after which they lose their temper. We may regret losing our temper later on, but the damage has been done. We asked some of our small screen actors  on the time they lost their tempers.
Showing 4 of 7 images Previous    Next
Sarwar Ahuja

I get angry when people don't respect time and arrive late. Another thing that I get angry about is when people borrow money and fail to return it.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Fight-Club&aid=2000