Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago

'I don't watch any serial when I am before the TV' - Sarwar Ahuja

Sarwar Ahuja who plays the blind man's role to perfection in NDTV Imagine's Jyoti faces our set of rapid fires this week...

niveditha thumbnail
Sneha's rakhi celebrations

There are rakhi celebrations on the sets of Jyoti on NDTV Imagine.

In a chit-chat with Sneha Wagh as to how was the experience she said, "We are having so much fun shooting for the rakhi sequence. I am tying rakhi to my on screen brother Sandeep. In the process to get a perfect shot, I have tied him rakhi around 12 times".

So off screen what are the plans for Raksha bandhan?
"I don't have a real brother so I tie rakhi to my cousins but unfortunately this raksha bandhan my cousins are also out of town. But on the sets I would be tying rakhi to my cameraman".

Sneha was currently seen on the sets of Rakhi Ka Swayamvar. So how was the experience?
"We had a gala time. I was there for the mehndi ceremony. We all had to perform on a dance number. I performed on Mehndi Hai Rachne Waali. And the best part was that it was choreographed by Saroj Khan".

How was it working with Saroj Khan?
"She is one of the best choreographers in the industry and working with her is a dream come true. The song was choreographed so well and I loved every move of it".

What's the next high point in the serial Jyoti?
"In the serial, I will come to know about Sushma from Sandeep. Initially I would not like to intervene in it but later I would help her come out of her despair".

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/August/News_20090804_13
niveditha thumbnail

Sneha Wagh (Jyoti) and Varun Khandelwal (Sandeep) always share a love and hate relation on screen in Jyoti. Jyoti is a very dutiful sister and ready to sacrifice everything for Sandeep, but on the other hand Sandeep is a completely spoilt child. However when Jyoti revealed his secrets he has changed and now become a very loving brother.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/gallery.aspx?aid=621
niveditha thumbnail

This is Jyoti's first Rakshabandhan after her wedding and as per the tradition, Jyoti waits for her sister in law Meenal, to come home and tie a rakhi to Pankaj and only then can she leave the house to go to her parents' house to tie a Rakhi to her brother Sandeep.

Jyoti reaches her maternal home where everyone has been eagerly waiting for her to arrive. Sandeep impatiently asks her to tie the rakhi. Jyoti does so very happily and lovingly feeds him sweets after that. But what happens post this is something Jyoti had not anticipated. Indya brings you pictures of the celebrations.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/gallery.aspx?aid=624
niveditha thumbnail

Sneha Wagh who plays Jyoti in Jyoti on Imagine:

The word Azaadi to me means…

FREEDOM

Being a free person is…

Doing whatever I wish to do

What is it that you enjoy being part of a free nation?

Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Expression.

Something that you would like to give back to your country?

As a citizen of a free nation, I would like to give my Loyalty back to my country.

Sarwar Ahuja who plays Pankaj in Jyoti on Imagine:

The word Azaadi to me means…

Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Thought and freedom to dream and achieve what I dream.

Being a free person is…

A Blessing! To grow old on your own terms, make your own choices of experiences that you desire.

What is it that you enjoy being part of a free nation?

I enjoy the hope, the sense of pride, and the happiness around that makes life worth living.

Something that you would like to give back to your country?

A promise to retain responsibility towards the freedom of my country, so that the coming generations can enjoy the same freedom that I did.

http://news.desi**fo***.net/television/indian-television-news/1757-imagine-azaadi-with-ndtv-stars.html

niveditha thumbnail

Sarvar Ahuja actor

For me freedom is to dream freely. We are responsible to pass on this freedom to our next generation, for that matter we should also free a part of Kashmir that is intruded for the next generation. I can't do much for the country, but at least can keep my country clean and that I do sincerely. I completely believe in 'Save Water' campaign and do not waste water at all. In crisis time, I would not hesitate to stand for my country against any giant. On Independence Day, I make sure to give 5 minutes of my life in the honor of all the freedom fighters and join the flag hoisting ceremony held nearby. My favorite patriotic song is Yeh desh hai veer jawaano ka…as it is sung in the praise of the country and its people. Major concern in our country today is that if one person becomes rich, there are10 who decline to poverty. Other crisis that we are dealing with today is corruption; in fact it has become a part of our lives. We do carry extra buck to bribe the officials before entering any office. If these problems are fixed, India is the best place to live.

http://news.desi**fo***.net/television/indian-television-news/1787-aye-mere-watan-ke-logon.html

niveditha thumbnail
Sarwar Ahuja aka Pankaj of Sphere Origins show Jyoti, met with an accident on the sets of the show. Sarwar, who plays a blind man in the show, smashed his hand, while shooting for a sequence in the show.

When we asked Sarwar about the accident, he said "There was a shot where I am angry with Jyoti. So I go furiously towards the bathroom and bang the door. But unfortunately, while banging the door my other hand remained inside and it got bashed real bad."

That must have hurt really bad

"Yes, it did, but such incidents do happen while shooting. But now my hand is perfectly handy", he laughs.

On what's the next high point in the serial, Sarwar says, "Jyoti will continue to help her family come out of their despair and I will continue playing a dutiful husband."

http://news.desi**fo***.net/television/indian-television-news/1783-sarwar-banged-the-door-on-his-hand.html

niveditha thumbnail

Divine intervention for Sarwar Ahuja: Model-turned-actor Sarwar Ahuja, who is from Punjab, is celebrating Ganesh Chaturthi for the first time. He is, naturally, praying to Maharashtra's favourite god for success in his films and TV shows. Ganpati bappa morya.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/gallery.aspx?aid=721
niveditha thumbnail

In the coming week episode there will be new twist and turn in the Sphere Origin show Jyoti. The real face of Brij will come in light with the help of Jyoti and his brother Deepu (Varun Khandelwal).

According to our sources, "Jyoti and Deepu will come to know the truth of Brij and how he is using their sister Sushma for his benefits. This doesn't go well with Jyoti and she finally decides to teach him a lesson."

"In the coming episode they will lay a trap for Brij in which he gets trapped. The creative team is also developing on how to go ahead with the track of Sushma of when she will come to know the truth about Brij and what will be her next step," adds the source.

Currently there is a huge celebration going on in Jyoti's susural with the agman of Lord Ganesha. "By the end of this festive season mostly Brij ki poll khul jayegi," concludes.

There is lot of masala stored in for the viewers so keep glued to your television sets.

http://news.desi**fo***.net/television/indian-television-news/1977-brij-ki-poll-khuli-in-jyoti.html

niveditha thumbnail

Sneha Wagh, better known as Jyoti of Jyoti fame, is bit of an unknown commodity. After all, she doesn't possess the conventional looks of a TV actress. Seldom does one get to hear or read about her.

She exhibits the same quality in her character too. Jyoti is a simple, loving and committed housewife. Well, one can assume her to be the same in real life too. But as always, reel is different from real life.

Apparently, Wagh has separated from her husband. Aavishkaar Darvekar. One doesn't know what led to Sneha parting ways with Aavishkaar. Rumour goes that Sneha's success may have triggered the friction.

Sneha was taken aback when we asked about this. She said, "No one has asked me this question before. So, there is no question of keeping it under wraps. Yes, I was married to Aavishkaar but we're not together anymore. I prefer not to speak much about my past."

desi**fo***s