~|Armour Of Love|~#2 finale-pg36 07/07 :)

Posted: 15 years ago
Hello everyone!!🤗

Oh my gosh a second thread??? I am really graced by your love and support, honestly its your overwhelming love that keeps me going. A big thankyou to all my readers and friends, really you all have carved a special place in my heart!! Thankyou so very very much!!
🤗🤗🤗

Heres the link to the previous thread!!

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1027804&TPN

I'll be posting all the parts here soon. Currently I am posting the last updated part, i just updated yesterday!! Thankyou so very much everyone!! Best valentine gift i could ever get :))
🤗🤗

Index:

Part 18-pg1

part19-pg6
part20-pg12
part21-pg25
part22-pg36

*~PART 18~*

Rahul sighed hearing the doorbell ring more then twice in a row. Switching off the television he strode quickly to open the door glancing at the clock hanging on the opposite wall. It was showing almost 8 O'clock. Wondering who would be calling at this hour, being almost dinner time he frowned hearing the bell once more.

"Coming'." He almost shouted and opened the door.

He almost smiled. He should have guessed, it had to be her. There was no one else he had ever known in his life who was so impatient and could be so impulsive then his Muskaan.

"Are you going to invite me inside? Or shall I barge in?" he smiled now stepping aside making way for her, holding out his hand in his gentleman gesture.

She walked past him, her jasmine scent having the same effect on him as it had the first time he had set his eyes on her. She looked considerably pale today although her body was as slender and toned as far as he could recollect. And those faintly blondish curls, they invariably ran wild as they were today too...he smiled at his memory.

"Are you going to stand there all day?" he snapped out grinning as he saw her making her self comfortable in his living room. Still having his lips curved into the generous smile he walked upto her and sat down just adjacent to her, facing her.

"Hello Muskaan."

"Hmm, I thought hellos and hi's were long done." She smiled.

He was now sitting close enough for her to be able to see the carved symmetry of his features .Chiseled cheekbones and a proud, upright nose, his face''..both hard and sensual. He was perfect in her eyes except today'.his eyes''.they stopped his face from being close to perfection in her terms, those bluish-grey eyes seemed distant, as though lifeless''

"Yes right'." He muttered looking away, suddenly getting up he looked straight at her.

"Shall I get you something? Water? Drink?" he almost turned away but stopped feeling a warm hand holding him back.

"I just want you''.Rahul, just us." he sat down heavily hearing this and closed his eyes.

"We have already discussed this Muskaan, I can't have you being called the wife of a traitor." He sighed.

"Where is Siya?" she cut him in between.

"She is upstairs, sleeping." He muttered.

"You didn't have problem with pursuing me when you were betraying us Rahul, you openly confessed your love then, and now when I am here you'.?" Muskaan softly spoke covering his hand, with her palm.

"That was different Muskaan, the times were different, I thought these threats weren't serious. You know we get them all the time''I didn't expect them to actually come down to harm Siya, but seeing her almost die, when they almost shot her, I ''I'.." he paused feeling his voice choking with more then a hundred emotions. Only he knew what he had been through'..Siya was his responsibility, his life'..he had promised Anita he would love her more then they both would have ever when she breathed her last. He couldn't break his last promise he made to his wife'.

"I know Rahul, Siya is your life and believe me, the whole world might see you as a traitor, but I will never, Rahul you did it for your daughter. And'..and'" she got up and kneeled down in front of him, holding both his hands in hers'

"You should be happy to have another chance Rahul, they only subjected you to a month of rigorous imprisonment and now termination for a year. And Riddhima is safe and sound. You are almost a free man Rahul'" she smiled looking at him earnestly.

"But I am a traitor Muskaan, I almost killed Riddhima, how can you ever forgive me for nearly murdering your sister? She might not be your real sister, but the bond you share is''" he paused feeling a finger on his lip.

"She is much more then my sister, she is almost my twin, I mean I love her just like you love Siya. But Rahul if you hadn't, somebody else would have harmed her. Infact we are glad you were picked up, you could never have harmed her'."

"But I almost did?" Rahul looked at her agonized.

"But did you? You knew Armaan would keep her safe right? Despite working for them, you ensured they actually never came upto harming her? And that day, you acted because you were ordered Rahul'.you had too, but deep down you knew right, Armaan would save her?" Muskaan placed her hand on his cheek.

Rahul gazed into her eyes soulfully. This was the woman who had breathed a new life in him. His wife Anita died.....during childbirth, he hadnt even been by her side....he had been far away, miles apart pursuing some case despite knowing she had been heavily pregnant...could he ever forgive himself?? Could he bring himself to not repeat the mistake with Muskaaan?? Anita passed away.... leaving his infant Siya in his arms. He become the perfect father but forgot who he was. He lived only for the new life he had created''cursing himself, blaming himself for being respomsible.....

Muskaan had come into his life like a breath of new life. He met her first while overlooking the CIA training. Armaan had already contacted her, as she was the closest to Riddhima. Explained her the situation, convinced her to join the FBI with Riddhima and secretly made her train in a short for CIA, so that he could be enrolled there and be in touch with them all without much of raising doubts on her.

With her it had been the instant connection. He had found himself telling her about everything, even Anita, something he had never discussed not even with Armaan.

The bond grew and Rahul knew he had found his soul mate, been blessed again. They had grown close during Riddhima's case and Rahul had decided to propose her once Riddhima's case was over, though she had always been shy in that department, he knew she loved him, but she never behaved freely with him they way he was with her.

"Yes that's true'." He remarked thoughtfully.

"I knew Armaan would keep her safe but still, hurting Riddhima, she is like my sister Muskaan'..I had sworn to protect her'.and I'.." Rahul turned his face away'.feeling the wetness in his eyes threatening to spill.

"I cant believe it's the same Muskaan though'." He smiled through his tears as he felt her hand tugging his chin to face her again.

"Meaning?" she looked at him confused.

"The same otherwise bold, outrageously outspoken girl, who couldn't confess her love to me'.?"

"I thought you loved Anita still and that I would never ever come to match her'.."

"You cant Muskaan, and you should never, she was the love of my life, I would always love her, but you are'." He now cupped her face and brought her closer'.

"Even more amazing and I love you even more'.." feeling her smack him he pulled her into a hug and held her there.

"Muskaan I have decided'..I wont repeat the mistake I did with Anita'..I will leave this job, this life forever'.we will settle down for a more ordinary life'"

He smiled as she pulled out of the hug and looked at him surprised.

"But Rahul its your job, I thought you would continue it after your serve your termination months and clear out your criminal records'.."

Placing a gentle kiss on her forehead Rahul shook his head.

"No I don't want to'..I realize how it is'to put someone you love at stake, seeing their innocent life endangered by your means of earning a living'.I don't want it all now'"

Feeling her hug him again he patted her thick mass of curls gently.

"I hope Riddhima would forgive us though''you for hiding the truth for so long, the fact you knew who Armaan was and me'.." He sighed.

"For everything'.." he added.

"She will Rahul'..though Armaan''"

"I know'.but well for now I am hungry'so dinner?"

Muskaan smiled as she climbed upstairs to awaken Siya, maybe life was turning out to be good afterall'perhaps Riddhima would have it the easier way too'.she hoped Riddhima would. She turned back and saw him head towards the kitchen. He might put up a brilliant act and lie on her face saying he wanted to leave the life he had been living past so many years to settle down with her'..but deep down she knew he would never be happy'..and yet if he didn't leave his job he would never be happy....as being there would remind him of his guilt........... Muskaan sighed looking up...she had toknow whathe wanted deep down....perhaps she could assure him that she trusted him not to reapeat his mistake he commited with Anita in their relationship....she he wouldnt....but did he??? She couldn't selfishly just settle down forher happiness........knew she couldn't do that, even if it meant letting go of the life , the good life dream that had just begun''..

Riddhima looked at him enter her kitchen carrying the dishes and quickly busied herself stacking them in the sink determined not to have him affecting her. The entire dinner had been a tough one. Atul had come over'....and finally the mystery surrounding Anjali Sharma had cleared''.to some extent.

The night in the ball in South Africa, where Armaan was about to be shot'.had been planned by Anjali, but it wasn't to shoot him. Anjali had been under the belief that Riddhima was being fooled as she knew Armaan wasn't whom he seemed to be. He wasn't Abhimanyu's son. She had hired a local hit man to warn Armaan, to scare him off and whisk Riddhima away if possible.

Anjali was the same love Atul had been dropping hints about. The few hours he was here talking about her''. , it was clear, Anjali had been his wife. When Riddhima asked why hadn't the lady in question come to see her, Atul had gently revealed that she was still under guilt, of having put Riddhima's life in danger'.she couldn't bring herself to meet her'.and it was Anjali's nature to avoid till she overcome the guilt and decided what she had to do''..

But none of these revelations affected her more then the man present in this kitchen alone, just her and him. Atul went of under the guise of duty'..and promised her that Anjali would come and see her the day ater...... The dinner had been kept basically to inform Riddhima that exactly two nights from now, she would receive charge of her father's vault. The precious documents would be in her possession. She had to hand them over to the CIA in a UN meet party organized on the same night. It would be difficult to hurt Riddhima if she was surrounded by atleast 50 more officers and Armaan would be by her side all the time'..

Armaan'..the thought brought her back to the present. He was still standing there watching her intently'..

He was still in his office clothes, the jet black hair loosely falling over his forehead in contrast to the lightweight dark blue business suit. He had been totally formal and cool though it had just increased her nervousness every second. And now he was here''the tension seemed thick, the air seemed suddenly heavy, too heavy to breath.

"Armaan" she whispered. She could feel him edging closer. How she just wished she could turn and throw herself at him, just embrace him tight. She was sure he would respond with equal fervor. But she couldn't....

She still couldn't come terms to accept the fact that her father had never told her the true important facts of their life.....he had betrayed her trust to a certain extent.....yes she understood why and how but still the child in her couldn't......and it had resulted her in living her cold and lonely....... She'd been alone so long, she wasn't sure how to be part of a family and she wondered in a distant part of her mind if that was one of the reasons she'd put off talking about her relationship with Armaan...but Armaan hadn't exactly comforted her....he had left her cold that night when she voiced her fears....he could just walk away once again leaving her cold and empty......

She was scared of giving in and becoming part of a family and having it all taken away again. It was the kind of fear....she just couldn't overcome and yet she had too.....how she just wished Armaan would call her just once.....and everything would be alright....she would forget all her silly fears in his arms...

"Riddhima..." she turned back and imagined him standing there with a warm smile.....he pulled her into his arms....

"I love you sweetheart, forever....I won't ever leave you ever again....

"Promise??" time he kissed her temple and then her lips softly..............

"You havent eaten at all today'your dinner was as good as untouched." Riddhima blinked at the remark....she had been dreaming, conjuring all sorts of hopes again....Armaan was still here but standing ten feet apart still......His soft husky voice seemed like a caress on her skin. God why did he affect her so??

Armaan saw her cheeks turning palely pink, as she still stacked and restacked the dishes over and over again. She wasn't even ready to face him'.guilt suddenly kicking in, he took a step forward. She was right in saying she wanted them to live a more ordinary life. Maybe they should have talked then to just fight and him walk away. Closing his eyes he walked to her and held her hand.

He stopped her actions and went still. A tumult of emotions roared through her, putting knots in her stomach, squeezing her heart, shattering her mind. How could she ever face him after what she had asked him to do?? Choose between love and life? Which proud man would even tolerate her asking him to do such a thing? But Armaan was different, she knew he would be definitely annoyed with her'.but he was here with her, holding her'.

"Armaan'"she breathed turning to face him. She felt him touching her cheek gently, his breath almost mingling with hers.

"Riddhima cant we talk'..? Please for us? For you, for me??"

"Armaan we'.I mean'.I''" she closed her eyes sighing and looking away. She didn't know what to say'did they even have a future together at all?

"Riddhima come, sit, we can talk Riddhima''" she felt him tugging her hand, gently steering her away to the main hall.

She let him guide her to the hall, she stopped seeing the curtains open.

"You sit, I'll draw the curtains." She whispered heading to the window before he could stop her.

Armaan jumped hearing the crack of the glass and shot of the bullet accompanied by Riddhima scream'.he froze seeing her sink to the floor'.blood oozing out from her arm......

Armaan stared at her; she was fast asleep or rather in a deep slumber under the effect of the sedatives administered. The hand Armaan still held had slackened into limp passivity some time ago. He'd been reluctant to let it go '''. He felt it was his responsibility for taking care of her very keenly''

Her breathing was slow and even. Assured she was unlikely to awake for a while, Armaan slowly slid his hand from hers and stood up, needing to stretch his stiff muscles, walk around the room a bit.

He couldn't believe she had been shot right under his nose, in her own house. How could he have let that happen?? Armaan felt like punching the wall standing front of him. It was a miracle the bullet hit her arm, it had been removed successfully much to his relief. The moment he saw her go limp, his mind zapped into overdrive as he whipped out his mobile telephone from the pocket of his jacket''he had to keep his brain clear and in control. He had to act fast''he couldn't take her to the hospital'..it was even a greater risk to have her operated in a general public hospital. He had the paramedics operate her here itself, in her own home, under his watchful eyes .And had his men circling about too, though he doubted if they would attempt to hurt her more tonight.

Atul was in the living room, still trying to reconstruct, how it happened. The idea, as old as the Sherlock Holmes novel, an artful shooter who was sure not to miss the shoot had fired from the opposite building. Had she not been near the window, it wouldn't have happened, which meant'.Armaan realized with a sinking feeling'..he had to be stationed to be watching her house 24*7. How could he have been so careless to not consider this possibility???

He could see the motive clearly'..if they couldn't have her, they would kill her and that would be the end of the story. Nobody would ever get hold of the blue prints. If Riddhima was out of the way''.he halted. He couldn't even bring himself to think of the possibility. Disregarding her importance to the mission, he was far more worried about her'..because she was important to him'she was his life. And she had been shot'..Armaan guiltily stared at her lying so limp and helpless .His fiery, strong Riddhima'.how could he have put her through this???

In a flash Armaan knew, what Riddhima had been harbouring when she had asked him to leave his position. Seeing the love of his life so helpless hurt''

"Armaan?"

He turned and saw Muskaan standing there, clearly teary eyed.

"How is she?" she whispered.

"Better, the bullet has been removed, she should be up anytime'..as soon as the effects of the sedatives start weaning off'."

"Rahul wanted to come but''." Muskaan paused not wanting to go there''Rahul wasn't definitely a welcome here.

"I know'." Armaan nodded understanding.

Sighing Muskaan sat near the edge of the bed, watching her''

"I cant believe I would ever see her like this''so dire, so utterly helpless'..she was always so full of life'" Muskaan whispered unable to control her tears.

"So do I'''." Armaan added looking away and walking to stand by the window still.

"And you are still hurting her'" she accused him wiping her tear.

Armaan did not respond. Muskaan was merely voicing what he had been guiltily thinking every minute from the time he had rudely put Riddhima off saying he couldn't leave his job'.

Seeing him un-responsive'Muskaan gruffly rubbed her cheek again and stood up.

"I am sorry, I shouldn't have brought this up'."

"But you are right'." Armaan conceded with a heavy heart.

Muskaan stared at him''she didn't know hat to say, that it hurt her too seeing Riddhima so lifeless?? She wasn't a fool not to know  what had been going on between Armaan Riddhima. Rahul had informed her too'.seeing them together when he had been stationed there. But did she as a third person have the right to interfere?? Perhaps it wasn't the best time Muskaan decided. Changing the course'..she spoke.

"Rahul wont be joining back the force again, he has decided to quit forever and live a normal life." Muskaan announced. Which definitely caused Armaan to turn back facing her.

"He wants to quit? But he has been reprimanded considering his daughter's involvement'I pleaded his case myself'" Armaan shook his head trying to make sense'

"He doesn't want to live this life'..he says he wants to settle down for a peaceful life'..with us'.." Muskaan added.

Armaan felt like she had punched him directly, straight on his face. Rahul, who had been so into his job, this life ever more then Armaan himself had ever been was ready to give it all up?? For Muskaan ??? For a life with her?? And ofcourse his daughter too'..Armaan suddenly realized how his daughter's involvement in all this had affected Rahul'very deeply. Any other human in his place would have done the same'..wanting to protect his family'.with a little more guilt kicking in Armaan thought'his love too'

"But I don't want him to do this'." Muskaan's words snapped him out of his thoughts.

"You don't?" Armaan looked at her incredously.

"No'.he wants to do it for my sake, for Siya's sake, but what about him? Would he live forgoing his life? His ambition?" Muskaan shook her head.

"I cant allow him to do that'.for my sake."

"What if that's what he wants?" Armaan argued.

"Well I want to know what he wants'.he will never allow me to peep into his heart. I know deep down he doesn't want to do this''but he won't tell me'"

"But why?" Armaan asked looking puzzled.

"Because I just know it'." Muskaan looked at him adamantly.

"And I love him way too much to have him sacrifice his life for me." she added.

"But he wants to this because he loves you." Armaan argued.

"So'I never asked him to sacrifice for my sake'.I want you to talk to him Armaan please." Muskaan pleaded.

"But what do I tell him?"

"Try to talk sense into him, show him that what he is doing is silly'"

"Muskaan'.Rahul is no kid, he is an adult, capable of taking his own decisions. What do you want me to tell him?" Armaan looked at her bewildered. Armaan now was almost ready to shout with the guilt squirming in him. Rahul was ready to leave it all for Muskaan? If he could do it why couldn't I ?? He thought miserably. It was time to talk to Riddhima clearly. Suddenly Armaan knew what he wanted'..the moment Riddhima woke up and was able they would talk''

"I want you to talk him, ask whether he really wants to do this. And''"

Before she could continue further'.Riddhima moaned.

"Armaan?" She moaned opening her eyes.

Phew an upated finally!! I know highly delayed!! Hopefully the length would make up...😆 Tried balancing all the scenes here.......RM one specially, was due since a long time. And yes more would come on all fronts...the characters still need to developed more!! There i go rambling again.....Pls do let me know ur take on this one....I was supposed to stop at the bullet scene giving u all that typical cliff but oh well i changed the course and decided to not put the typical cliff!!😆

Hope its not a disappointment!! Love u all!! ish u all a very Happy Valentines Day!!🤗🤗 Will be awaiting ur views!! 

Edited by jia.. - 14 years ago
congo on the new thread!! Something i can never manage to do!! ROLF🤣

Will comment later on chaper 18

Edited

Wow what an update ...... loved it!! the hurt and pain and how RM situation is vice versa like there and all!

Rid got shot!! ..... but she up now!! Armaan kiss her already!!😆 

Love Kat
Edited by Catwoman - 15 years ago
heyyy dee as usual congrats on ur second thread!!!!!
Congratulations on your second thread .. Hope to see many more .. Update soon..
Rukz

Originally posted by Catwoman

congo on the new thread!! Something i can never manage to do!! ROLF🤣

Will comment later on chaper 18

Love Kat

There goes my modesty queen!! We both know why ok.....dun argue with me on this.....u will loose....😆😉 Ur stories r shorter, more meaningful, freakishly brilliant...but just lesser number of parts...hence.....need i say more?? If u wish i can go on...u knw that :)😆

Originally posted by jia..

There goes my modesty queen!! We both know why ok.....dun argue with me on this.....u will loose....😆😉 Ur stories r shorter, more meaningful, freakishly brilliant...but just lesser number of parts...hence.....need i say more?? If u wish i can go on...u knw that :)😆

😲😲😲 not sure on meaningful, brilliant part!! Still think i should jack it in as its getting difficult with the work load at present.... i chat to u about it later ....😳😊

@AR long time honey!! Goodluck in ur exams!  Missing u and Sonu

Love Kat
congo on new thread di.............
very nice part di......loved it........
thanx for pm
Edited by cute_unknown_fr - 15 years ago
https://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1725/1725855qfzu2s4mcp.gif

"To the one that in my life came
And in my heart so special she became.
Tomorrow things will not be the same
And life will stop being a game
For there is a future you have to aim,
A shining star you have to claim,
And a destiny to make with no one to blame,
With head always up and never feel any shame...
I'm so proud of you, much more then I can acclaim
From all my soul I wish you joy, success and fame."

https://www.sweetleighcakes.com/images/gal_congrats_cake_L.JPG

"Sending you a JUMBO-SIZED
Congratulations For U R New Thread!
You did it!"

congratz di on ur second thread wishing many more 2 cum anyways wonderful part omg ridzy got shot i cud so sew that coming n ain't rahul a darlingleaving his ambitions for the people he loves
hey gr8 part
congrats for the new thread