Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago

I think it is a huge Catch-22 when it comes to many moral issues like parenting. What you and I perceive to be good parenting, maybe too much or too little for other people. Like I truly wish that I could stop some people from being parents - but then that very thought is against my personal philosophy of not dictating my morals on other people.

We also tend to be too judgmental at times. Like in the movie 'Juno', I love the way her mother snaps and defends her daughter when the doctor makes snide comments on her teenage pregnancy. After all even though Juno made an irresponsible and stupid choice and got pregnant - she is doing the right thing by trying to give birth and find a good adopted parents. While on the other hand we have so called rich educated traditional families who give birth to children but totally ignore them for their entire lives and have them raised by nannies.

Movies like 'Saved', 'Juno' and the TV show 'Secret Life' really makes people question our pre-conceptions of morality, teenage pregnancy and parenting. It is never black and white - so many shades of gray. The best we can do is build understanding I guess.
Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: return_to_hades

I think it is a huge Catch-22 when it comes to many moral issues like parenting. What you and I perceive to be good parenting, maybe too much or too little for other people. Like I truly wish that I could stop some people from being parents - but then that very thought is against my personal philosophy of not dictating my morals on other people.

We also tend to be too judgmental at times. Like in the movie 'Juno', I love the way her mother snaps and defends her daughter when the doctor makes snide comments on her teenage pregnancy. After all even though Juno made an irresponsible and stupid choice and got pregnant - she is doing the right thing by trying to give birth and find a good adopted parents. While on the other hand we have so called rich educated traditional families who give birth to children but totally ignore them for their entire lives and have them raised by nannies.

Movies like 'Saved', 'Juno' and the TV show 'Secret Life' really makes people question our pre-conceptions of morality, teenage pregnancy and parenting. It is never black and white - so many shades of gray. The best we can do is build understanding I guess.

yup
but at the same time i'd like to point out that
many a times seeing such things which broaden our horizon on various issues,
we tend to become lenient where we shouldn't

For eg the daughter , as you mentioned in Juno ,
might not have received the desired punishment
(even if she did,
i am trying to point out that she should have ! )
Sujal_Fan_No1 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yes but now it turns out that the 13yr old might not even be the father now. Coz another 15yr old boy claims he is the father and another 14yr old boy thinks he might be.
This content was originally posted by: Sujal_Fan_No1

Yes but now it turns out that the 13yr old might not even be the father now. Coz another 15yr old boy claims he is the father and another 14yr old boy thinks he might be.

Ek anaar sau beemarπŸ˜† 

Hope WA gets the meaning of this muhawara nowπŸ˜†
Sujal_Fan_No1 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Gauri_3

Ek anaar sau beemarπŸ˜† 

LOL yeh i get wat u mean πŸ˜†
This content was originally posted by: Sunder-Ladki

• About 1 million teenagers become pregnant each year; 95% of those pregnancies are unintended, and almost one third end in abortions.

They better be unintended. 😊
Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: crossroads7

They better be unintended. 😊

πŸ˜†

But it indeed is a sad state of affairs !
This content was originally posted by: ashoka_was_king

πŸ˜†

But it indeed is a sad state of affairs !

Yeah, but I wonder which is worse- getting pregnant when they dont want to be or being whacked-up enough to want to be pregnant at a teen age.πŸ˜†
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Gauri_3

Ek anaar sau beemarπŸ˜† 

You're using the same muhawara for Chantelle that you did for me? 😲
 Now what am I supposed to think of this muhawara?πŸ˜†