**Incognito Critics** ~Invite Only~ COTW - Pg 68 - Page 15

Posted: 15 years ago
Hey everyone! Okay, I've gota read the DOTW all over again so I actually know what to say...lol
Okay, I think that the impact of these shows on us is both positive and negative.
For instance, DMG, I love this show but I have to say that it gives an unrealistic message to viewers. They all are interns, but the way they act brings the false image across our faces. Doctors dancing around and romancing without anyone caring or noticing? I know many people love this show because of those characteristics, but I think what I said is true.
And MJHT, I really like this show and I think it brings a positive impact on ME. It really shows how life in college may seem. I know people aren't really going to sing songs for each other, but there are other things like the problems the characters face and those are realistic.
Kyunki is almost like a different story. It has different messages when there are scenes of Tulsi being good and scenes of the villain planning schemes. I'm really not going to say much about this show because I didn't watch it very regularly when it aired.

Originally posted by totallyfabulous

@soha: yes I agree that "producers are under the notion that a serial's success is depicted by how long it runs on air."  But I think not only the producers but some fans of those shows also have the same notion.  There are many shows on air that I wish would end right now like BMTD, DMG, KAA, Kyamath, etc but their fans can't let go of it.  They all say I am hating the "current track" but they still wait for the next track hoping it would be better.  Like I said before, I don't watch dramas like that and I get annoyed with the track thing.   When I read the article that KSBKBT is ending, some fans were saying they don't want the show to end which left me speechless. For some reason, when a show ends, It is looked as a "defeat".  Ending a serial at the right time is not looked at in a "good way". 

I will talk about DMG here specifically cuz that was my fav serial last year.  I couldn't beleive that I actually liked a "soap" (I love dramas but not soaps).  And as a fan, I would've liked it if it had ended at a good note in last feb or march.  I surely would've missed it like crazy but at least I would not been annoyed by the degrading of characters and story. Before DMG I used to watch soaps but mostly to make fun of them and make silly predictions................he is going to die and then he'll come back, she loves this guy but she'll marry someone else and then remarry this guy after 2 years, since the story sucks now, I am sure they'll have 2nd janam track after this, etc.  And sadly, I find myself doing the same thing with DMG nowdays.  😕

Ditto, Huma! As I mentioned in another thread, DMG (and all other serials) should end at their peak, or their highest forms. After that, it become too anti-climatic, leaving fans with a sour taste in the mouth. Take for example the hollywood sitcom 'FRIENDS.' The show ended while it was dominating the Neilson TV ratings, and it was probably the best decision, because the fans now look back with fond memories. Although I would have been really upset to see DMG end, like you said, I wouldn't have to sit through the pain of watching my favorite characters being slaughtered. If the creatives had decided that the inspiration was 'Grey's Anatomy' or even 'Scrubs' than I would have rather had them stick to it. Their trps were higher than anyway..
As for MJHT, again I have to agree with Huma here. It is a highly enjoyable show, but very predictable. I would love to see a show raise some important issues, instead of promoting pseudo notions on love, and life in general.

Some great discussion here folks. Sayeed jump in and give your two cents!
hello:)
i have to say that the serial that i still crazily miss is kaisa yeh pyar hai...but i am so glad that ekta for once ended her serial when it was needed.
i think that i would have liked it less or rather not liked it at all if the show was still on..it gave us some good memories..be it positive or negative...but it will always be special as it was not dragged unnecessarily.
kaisa yeh pyar hai is a great example of how a show can still be successful even if it runs for like 2-3 years (which according to tellyworld standards is a short time span)
i wish dmg ends after all of this family versus love dilemma.
i think when a show reaches to a point when everything is happy-go-lucky then it should just end rather than be dragged.
also i hope for not just dmg to end soon with a positive message but a lot of other soaps too.
one reason my mom and i like to watch pakistani drams/seials on geo and ARY is because they are short...their average span is 20-30 episodes at the max.

oh huma i read you post on the first pg on how aathvan vachan is good show...to tell you the truth that's the only show i regularly watch..it's not very popular as to it's aired on Sony firstly and secondly it doesn't contain "hot" actors...but it contains a very strong storyline and actually sends out a positive message toward humanity in general..i dont wanna say more on it as you might not have watched all of the episodes..but when you do, i think you'll like it definitely.
Edited by zainab25 - 15 years ago
Hey Zainu :)

Good Going guys ! Keep the clean discussion going :))
I loved "Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai' as well, but that too dragged on for ages. I stopped watching it after a certain point. I'm going to sit down and watch 'Remix' to see if that was any different...
Great discussion guys!!
I think everyone pretty much said I wanted to.
Umm.. even American shows suck after a season or 2. The only ones I have seen do well throughout are ones that were planned out well in advance. Their story lines then stay consistent!! The idea of new tracks every few weeks doesn't work for me either.
Hey Sonia ! Did u check my PM ?? I sent u the links to my RM VM :)
Originally posted by nowee10

Hey Neha, hey Jia jaan!
Norr 🤗whenevr u call me Jaan i just 😳my face gets red.☺️
Hey everyone what r we screwing i mean discussing?