Rajesh M
Producer
B Srinivasan
Music
Yuvan Shankar Raja
Cast
Jiiva, Anuya, Santhanam, Urvashi

By Moviebuzz

Vikatan Talkies debut film Siva Manasula Sakthi which had a lot of pre-release hype is a bit of a letdown. If originality and a solid screenplay isn't your top priority and you want a bit of candy floss some sentiments laced with lots of comedy, then you might dig this one. Shiva( Jiiva) meets Sakthi(Anuya) meets during a train journey from Coimbatore and Chennai. Both boast a bit about their profession, Shiva says he is an army officer while Sakthi claims she is working for Thai airlines. Soon the truth is revealed Sathi is a high profile Radio Jockey with Hello FM, while Shiva is a lowly paid courier boy! Shiva has chip on his shoulder as he is 12th failed and a "local" who boozes in TASMAC bars with his friend Vivek (Santhanam)! Shiva lives near Mambalam Railway station with his very humorous and funny mom (Urvasi) and a sister and is the bread winner for the family. The trouble with him is that he is a prankster who loves to play practical joke on others. At the same time Sakthi is well educated and is an independent rich girl who has an attitude problem. They are as different as chalk and cheese, but there is some kind of spark develops between them. The snafu is that her father has found a handsome IT guy Arun (Arya in a cameo), but Shiva pulls all stops as Sakthi slowly realizes that she is in love with him and they spent a night together! But do they live happily ever after? There is very little in this movie that has not been lifted from countless other films notably SRK's Chalte Chalte and Hrithik's Mujhse Shaadi Karoge. It's the script that is silly, blame iton the dialogue and situation The film is basically a comedy in the first half that peters out into a sob story in the second before becoming a laugh riot in the climax! Yuvan's music is peppy, but picturisation is tacky, there are four songs before interval that comes one after the other and two songs post break. There is no chemistry between the lead pair and the most polite comment that can be made about Anuya is she is camera friendly and has only one single expression throughout. Jiiva is a joy to watch but has a tendency to go over the top. However at the end if you come away smiling it's only because of the shenanigans of Urvasi, Santhanam, Sathyan and Jiiva. The comedy track when Santhanam has to pawn his new mobile in the bar is a scream. The film moves at a snail pace especially in the second half. If you have nothing else to do you can take a look at SMS, another time pass run-of-the-mill film.

Verdict- Average

After seeing the promos on sun tv, I had high hopes for this movie...but after reading few of the reviews I donno....thought it will be a nice romantic movie😕 well..well--anyone who have seen this movie...post ur own review😉

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sankadevi30 thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
i too had gr8 expectations seeing the promos

lets see wat IF ians say

thanks melz
_Manpreet_ thumbnail
hmmm... I had great hopes after listening to the songs.........hmm.....lets seee......i'll at least watch it for the songs...oru kal...oru kannadhi....

thanks melz for the review
Edited by aisha_muka1980 - 15 years ago
netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
grrrrr this kind of nice movies always a delay in malaysia 😡😡 hey but this song from tha movie is excellent yaar.. oru kal oru😳 amazing song yaar 😊
mellisai thumbnail
Thanks for the movie review. I think I've missed Oru kal, Oru Kanaadhi the other day, but the other songs were plain and disappointing. Edited by ~*Thamizhan*~ - 15 years ago
Caryn thumbnail
Thanks for the review  Melz.
nithya_IF thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the review meli...