Debate Mansion

Drivers skills bad or good these days? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 3 Page 5

AsliiGuy

IF-Dazzler

AsliiGuy

Posted: 12 February 2009 at 9:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ashoka_was_king

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Seeing how I was rear-ended exactly one week ago, I'd say yes, people can't freakin' drive. Apparently one car length apart isn't a rule anymore.

As far as cell phones go, its one thing to talk on the phone, and although I discourage that as well, at least one can keep their eyes on the road and one hand on the wheel. But what I can't stand is people who text while driving. That requires you to look away from the road and focus on your phone. WHAT in the world could be so important that you have to text someone while driving.

well,
if you approve of cell phones while driving(though not openly LOL ),
you have to approve of texting is well Tongue

didnt catch that1!

also what do you all think about hands free hand sets?

I kinda dont like them...some ppl are lost in conversations...i have seen ppl run red lights while using a hands free set.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Drivers skills bad or good these days? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 12 February 2009 at 9:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AsliiGuy

didnt catch that1!

also what do you all think about hands free hand sets?

I kinda dont like them...some ppl are lost in conversations...i have seen ppl run red lights while using a hands free set.

I just wanted to show my disapproval towards the middle path ,
that is ,
either you allow cellphones while driving or you don't ,
no middle path,
and no appreciation of the middle path either (if you know what i mean Big smile )

Regarding what you asked,
see this Smile
http://www.informationweek.com/news/personal_tech/smartphones/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=212202202

Edited by ashoka_was_king - 12 February 2009 at 9:20pm

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 12 February 2009 at 9:33pm | IP Logged

Seeing how I was rear-ended exactly one week ago, I'd say yes, people can't freakin' drive. Apparently one car length apart isn't a rule anymore.

As far as cell phones go, its one thing to talk on the phone, and although I discourage that as well, at least one can keep their eyes on the road and one hand on the wheel. But what I can't stand is people who text while driving. That requires you to look away from the road and focus on your phone. WHAT in the world could be so important that you have to text someone while driving.

well,

Since your avatar is begging me to laugh, I will, but not with you --- at you. WinkLOL Kidding.
No, I don't approve of talking on cell phones either. Personally, I don't do it. Thank God as well, I'm already driving way past the speed limit, a cell phone on top of that and all will be lost --- not to brag about my illegal actions on a public forum or anything. LOLLOL

My point there was that texting is the bigger evil these days. Its like people rarely ever actually get a call on their phones -- its annoying if you ask me. Anything else being done during driving is dangerous and should be prevented, but texting completely takes your focus off driving. When I'm stuck in traffic, and I look around at people texting away on their phones while their cars are drifting into other lanes, I want to get out and knock some sense into them. Geez.

Sorry, my rantings are never-ending. LOL

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 12 February 2009 at 9:35pm | IP Logged

its funny, i make it a rule to never look at my blackberry when driving, only if I am at a light.... U are 100% right, what sms/email could be so important that its worth endangering your life as well as others...

Yeah, what's even worse is texting isn't the only option anymore, we have the whole internet available to surf while driving --- its sucks really.

@hands free sets: oh yeah, what a great idea, now you can talk on the phone AND text at the same time while driving. Kudos to whoever came up with that.

AsliiGuy

IF-Dazzler

AsliiGuy

Posted: 12 February 2009 at 9:36pm | IP Logged

well,

Since your avatar is begging me to laugh, I will, but not with you --- at you. WinkLOL Kidding.
No, I don't approve of talking on cell phones either. Personally, I don't do it. Thank God as well, I'm already driving way past the speed limit, a cell phone on top of that and all will be lost --- not to brag about my illegal actions on a public forum or anything. LOLLOL

My point there was that texting is the bigger evil these days. Its like people rarely ever actually get a call on their phones -- its annoying if you ask me. Anything else being done during driving is dangerous and should be prevented, but texting completely takes your focus off driving. When I'm stuck in traffic, and I look around at people texting away on their phones while their cars are drifting into other lanes, I want to get out and knock some sense into them. Geez.

lol too much....

Yeah i agree, i really think people buy their licenses...lol...I dont understand why they would place a sms over saftey...

I have seen some ppl get into accidents just by looking down...and this is stop and go traffic.

I think they did a study with drunk driving and cell phone use, and the drunk drivers (well over a certain limit) performed better.

AsliiGuy

IF-Dazzler

AsliiGuy

Posted: 12 February 2009 at 9:37pm | IP Logged

its funny, i make it a rule to never look at my blackberry when driving, only if I am at a light.... U are 100% right, what sms/email could be so important that its worth endangering your life as well as others...

Yeah, what's even worse is texting isn't the only option anymore, we have the whole internet available to surf while driving --- its sucks really.

@hands free sets: oh yeah, what a great idea, now you can talk on the phone AND text at the same time while driving. Kudos to whoever came up with that.

u forgot surf the net too...LOL

jk..

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 12 February 2009 at 9:39pm | IP Logged

LOLLOL Arey haso , jitna hansa hai , has lo,
aapka peeth dard jaldi theek hoga (agar abhi bhi hai )
LOL

Ok , ok Calm....LOL
i hope you haven't seen people reading newspapers,
or watching movies while driving.

They show that only on discovery channel i guess Big smile

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 12 February 2009 at 9:39pm | IP Logged

No come on don't blame cell phones for poor driving skills... or shall I say poor cell phone / texting / driving skills all included. BTW - there is no law on cell phones in southeast ...thank god ..orelse catching up with IF / reality TV would ahve been a nightmareWinkLOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top