Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

All Movie Reviews/Movie Talk: Billu (Beep) (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 10

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 14 February 2009 at 7:57pm | IP Logged
Billu made $100,000 on Friday in N America

http://www.moviecitynews.com/

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "All Movie Reviews/Movie Talk: Billu (Beep) (Page 7)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qazplm

IF-Sizzlerz

qazplm

Posted: 14 February 2009 at 8:45pm | IP Logged
I watched the film this morning and absolutely loved it!! Although the pace of the story was quite slow, I think the whole product and message was very endearing. Personally, I feel that this film could definitely have been fit into a 2-hour time period, but the film rocks anyway.

The story was very sweet and simple. I loved the whole Polachi feel...made me want to fly off to India and dance in those fields. I fell in love with Billu in the first fifteen minutes itself...so that's saying everything. Lara was great and so were the kids. Although I think there could have been a few more scenes in the end between SRK and Irfaan to show us some more of that brilliant chemistry.

SRK was SRK. I absolutely love him in any role...he's always wonderful. But I must say...this movie was totally SRK's baby. Throughout the movie, one can figure out the various reasons he chose to do this movie.

I think in alot of ways, this movie touches upon many views that SRK supports. Be it the optimism of an ordinary person like Billu through tough times, to showing us the advantage of being ordinary, to commenting on the bond of the bollywood industry, to trying to put forward the message that superstars are humans as well.

So much so that even as Sahir Khan, he tries to put a little bit of the honest SRK traits.

And ofcourse the speech at the end was spectacular. Not so much for the thought behind it, but the expressions and feelings behind it. All I could see were the redness and tears in that man's eyes. It was touching. The dialogue that made me the most emotional was when he talked about how even now when a million people run after him and call his name with respect, admiration and love...the only person he longs to hear is Billu. In that strange moment, it made me realise that it applied in SRK's life as well. He constantly talks about hating to be alone as he gets depressed. And maybe, how even now when billion of his fans surround him, the only people he longs to hear are his parents.

All in all, a beautiful offering from SRK's production. This is why we love him unconditionally.

-Aleeza-

IF-Dazzler

-Aleeza-

Posted: 14 February 2009 at 10:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qazplm

I watched the film this morning and absolutely loved it!! Although the pace of the story was quite slow, I think the whole product and message was very endearing. Personally, I feel that this film could definitely have been fit into a 2-hour time period, but the film rocks anyway.

The story was very sweet and simple. I loved the whole Polachi feel...made me want to fly off to India and dance in those fields. I fell in love with Billu in the first fifteen minutes itself...so that's saying everything. Lara was great and so were the kids. Although I think there could have been a few more scenes in the end between SRK and Irfaan to show us some more of that brilliant chemistry.

SRK was SRK. I absolutely love him in any role...he's always wonderful. But I must say...this movie was totally SRK's baby. Throughout the movie, one can figure out the various reasons he chose to do this movie.

I think in alot of ways, this movie touches upon many views that SRK supports. Be it the optimism of an ordinary person like Billu through tough times, to showing us the advantage of being ordinary, to commenting on the bond of the bollywood industry, to trying to put forward the message that superstars are humans as well.

So much so that even as Sahir Khan, he tries to put a little bit of the honest SRK traits.

And ofcourse the speech at the end was spectacular. Not so much for the thought behind it, but the expressions and feelings behind it. All I could see were the redness and tears in that man's eyes. It was touching. The dialogue that made me the most emotional was when he talked about how even now when a million people run after him and call his name with respect, admiration and love...the only person he longs to hear is Billu. In that strange moment, it made me realise that it applied in SRK's life as well. He constantly talks about hating to be alone as he gets depressed. And maybe, how even now when billion of his fans surround him, the only people he longs to hear are his parents.

All in all, a beautiful offering from SRK's production. This is why we love him unconditionally.

aww wat u wrote is beautiful and very true

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 15 February 2009 at 12:51am | IP Logged
Billu Improves At The Box Office

Sunday 15th February 2009 12.00 IST
Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Billu improved at the box office from Saturday afternoon. Collections were 70%+ from Saturday afternoon shows onwards. It will be interesting what the weekend brings now and good Monday collections could even mean a surprise box office success.

http://boxofficeindia.com/npages.php?page=shownews&articleid=798&nCat=news--

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 15 February 2009 at 12:53am | IP Logged
Good review Qazplm. I am very excited to watch the movie. Most of the Critics have talked a lot about the climax, so can't wait.

Mrs-KaranKundra

IF-Sizzlerz

Mrs-KaranKundra

Posted: 15 February 2009 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
only climax was gud

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 15 February 2009 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
Irfan was very good as Billu, Lara was good in her role and it surprises me why amisha refused the role? Srk was very good, especially in the climax(Brilliant). Now coming to item songs, Love mera hit hit was the mose disappointing song. I disliked it the most, in terms of the video. Priyanka was STUNNING in Khudaya Khair but it was a disappointment to see her for less than 30 second, she deserved the whole song. She looked perfect. Marjaani is my most favorite. From promos i thought kareena didn't looked so good, but after watching the video you see how beautiful she was in the video. Bebo and Srk should sign a movie together, they were enjoying the song so much and had a great chemistry. Loved it. First half was slow, second half was better.

3.5/5

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 15 February 2009 at 9:52pm | IP Logged
Billu Grosses 13.50 Crore Over Weekend!

Monday 16th February 2009 10.00 IST
Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Billu grossed 13.50 crore over the weekend. The film managed to do better on Saturday and Sunday after a dull Friday. The Monday collections will decide the fate of the film.

It seems to be heading for first week business of 20 crore nett but if Monday can sustain well the collections could go higher, normal weekday drops will mean around 20 crore at the end of the week.

http://boxofficeindia.com/npages.php?page=shownews&articleid=800&nCat=news&PHPSESSID=a2358ba7ce5a7f3267bc91fc44ac5fe8

Post Reply New Post

Go to top