IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 14 February 2009 at 5:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by ashoka_was_king

Originally posted by ashoka_was_king

come on buddy dont be shy.. u can tell everybody about these things....sach sey kya sharmaana...LOL

sach se nahin main chaddi se sharmata hoon LOL

Btw we shouldn't start discussing our fetishes in this serious thread by the name of right vs morals LOL

see we dint start the chaddi talk.. the girls did.. so we are not at fault if we just are haveing fun

ye baat bhi sahi hai,
to aap batao aapko kaunsi chaddi pasand hai Big smile

first of all i dont like to wear chaddi's (bahut primitive concept hai)...aur pehna hi pada toh.. rupa ki chaddi pasand... hai...LOLab yeh mat pucho rupa koun hai...LOL
Chiiii chiii...tab rooopa kya pahnoogi!!!!!! OuchLOLLOLI know roopa....ur neighbour naaaaa!!WinkLOLTongue

Actuly its old fashion to wear chaddi!!!!............Ermm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Rights v Morals (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 14 February 2009 at 5:54am | IP Logged

first of all i dont like to wear chaddi's (bahut primitive concept hai)...aur pehna hi pada toh.. rupa ki chaddi pasand... hai...LOLab yeh mat pucho rupa koun hai...LOL

as a matter of fact its not a primitive concept Tongue

rupa hi mili aapko LOL
VIP ki pehno LOL

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 14 February 2009 at 12:54pm | IP Logged

Hahahahahhah This reminds me of MJ and his Hanes commercial abt "Briefs or Boxers"

I better shut up....Or else will get in trouble  with Pandu Hawaldaar ROFL ROFL

Ek Chaddi ek topic ko kahan se kahan tak laati hai ROFL Dekho dekho ROFLOuch

chal_phek_mat

chal_phek_mat

Posted: 14 February 2009 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by TallyHo

With the Valentine's day around the corner things are heating up...

Then there is those that says that we should find the Birthday of Kaamdev and celebrate out V-day on that day, that way we stay true to accepting the concept but Indianizing it

Then there are some who say V-day is another occassion sponsored by the shoppers to sucker you into buying stuff at extravagent prices for that day

So who is right? Or does the truth lie somewhere in the middle of the 2 extremes?

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 14 February 2009 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
Okay, I'm sorry to interrupt all this wonderful chaddi chitchat, but I'm a little confused. What exactly is this pink chaddi campaign about? What are they rebelling against? Are they wanting the right to celebrate V-day, is that it?

Pink Chaddis vs. Pink Saris -- what a battle.

Wonder which side Rakhi Sawant and Mallika Sherawat are on?

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 14 February 2009 at 3:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Wonder which side Rakhi Sawant and Mallika Sherawat are on?

Opposite.

Rakhi Sawant vs Mallika Sherawat dirt wrestling match. Thats what men want.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 14 February 2009 at 3:23pm | IP Logged

Okay, I'm sorry to interrupt all this wonderful chaddi chitchat, but I'm a little confused. What exactly is this pink chaddi campaign about? What are they rebelling against? Are they wanting the right to celebrate V-day, is that it?

The pink chaddi campaign was launched in protest of the Muthaliks beating and desire to start a moral purge in India. The Ram Sena claims that women who go to pubs are loose, forward, immoral and are destroying Indian culture. They threatened to make any girl and guy dating on V-Day to marry.

A group of women decided to launch the pink chaddi campaign against the Ram sena, by mailing Muthalik pink chaddis. Pink chaddis may sound ridiculous, stupid and frivolous. But it is the symbolism that counts. Pink is a color associated with women, and chaddi is an intimate object. It is a feminist movement that tries to make Muthalik and his likes aware that the modern Indian woman is born free and has the freedom to live her life as she deems approrpriate. Just because a woman has male friends, has a few drinks and goes to parties and may dress provicatively does not mean that she is loose and immoral. It is a very low thing to equate a woman to being a slut or a whore just because she is modern.

The key purpose of the campaign is to build awareness espescially in the Asian/South Asian community that time has come to give women freedom as well as respect they deserve. I personally support the campaign. In fact I hope to send Muthalik a pink vibrator - because men like that are.........

The Pink Sari is a retalliation to the pink chaddi. A counter campaign wants to send each person who mails a pink chaddi to Muthalik a pink sari. They deem these people immoral and want to give them a piece of real Indian culture. It is counter productive as chaddi mailers have no aversion to saris or Indian culture. Besides do they want the men who mail chaddis to wear saris too. There are groups sending khadi saris too.

There is another counter campaign called pink condom trying to mail pink condoms to the pink chaddi campaigners. They feel that the pink chaddi campaign is promoting promiscuisity and immorality in society and they need condoms to protect them from AIDS/STD. Pink sari is fine, but this second campaign is a total low blow. It just goes to show how judgmental people get.

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 14 February 2009 at 3:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

The pink chaddi campaign was launched in protest of the Muthaliks beating and desire to start a moral purge in India. The Ram Sena claims that women who go to pubs are loose, forward, immoral and are destroying Indian culture. They threatened to make any girl and guy dating on V-Day to marry.

A group of women decided to launch the pink chaddi campaign against the Ram sena, by mailing Muthalik pink chaddis. Pink chaddis may sound ridiculous, stupid and frivolous. But it is the symbolism that counts. Pink is a color associated with women, and chaddi is an intimate object. It is a feminist movement that tries to make Muthalik and his likes aware that the modern Indian woman is born free and has the freedom to live her life as she deems approrpriate. Just because a woman has male friends, has a few drinks and goes to parties and may dress provicatively does not mean that she is loose and immoral. It is a very low thing to equate a woman to being a slut or a whore just because she is modern.

The key purpose of the campaign is to build awareness espescially in the Asian/South Asian community that time has come to give women freedom as well as respect they deserve. I personally support the campaign. In fact I hope to send Muthalik a pink vibrator - because men like that are.........

The Pink Sari is a retalliation to the pink chaddi. A counter campaign wants to send each person who mails a pink chaddi to Muthalik a pink sari. They deem these people immoral and want to give them a piece of real Indian culture. It is counter productive as chaddi mailers have no aversion to saris or Indian culture. Besides do they want the men who mail chaddis to wear saris too. There are groups sending khadi saris too.

There is another counter campaign called pink condom trying to mail pink condoms to the pink chaddi campaigners. They feel that the pink chaddi campaign is promoting promiscuisity and immorality in society and they need condoms to protect them from AIDS/STD. Pink sari is fine, but this second campaign is a total low blow. It just goes to show how judgmental people get.

Hey, thanks for the info. Whatever my personal views are, I can't stand hypocrisy. It may be that women who dress provocatively are immoral and are not symbolic of Indian/desi culture, but what about the men who run after these "immoral" women, or watch them dance in dance bars? Why not threaten them as well?

@ marriage threat: That's ridiculous! They think they can stop people from dating? Are they creating a 1984 scenario here?

Pink chaddis/pink saris/pink condoms are all ridiculous. They are just dividing society and cultural ideals into more pieces and creating a greater wall between the younger and the older generations. What they should be doing is creating a road between the two generations, through which they can compromise in the middle of the road.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top