kal-el

IF-Sizzlerz

kal-el

Posted: 11 February 2009 at 6:00pm | IP Logged
Zahbeena Navsarka and Subhan Anmwar
The couple blamed each other for the child's death

Sanam Navsarka 

Sanam Navsarka died in May 2008 after a long period of suffering

A mother and her partner have been jailed after being found guilty of killing her two-year-old daughter who had suffered more than 100 injuries.

Zahbeena Navsarka, 21, of Riddings Road, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, was jailed for nine years for the manslaughter of Sanam Navsarka.

Her partner Subhan Anwar, 21, was jailed for life for murder, with a minimum sentence of 23 years.

Bradford Crown Court heard a metal pole was used to shatter the child's leg.
The youngster died with fractures to all her limbs.
'Severe pain'

Navsarka was cleared of the murder of her daughter, but a jury found she was guilty of the child's manslaughter following a five-week trial.

Judge Peter Thornton QC said: "Your deliberate cruelty is beyond belief. Humanity has let her down."
Addressing Navsraka, the judge said: "You put your relationship with Anwar first, ignoring the needs of your vulnerable child.

"You failed to protect her from serious harm, knowing what was being done to her."
The court heard how "vulnerable and defenceless" Sanam deteriorated over four weeks and died in severe pain.

Prosecutors said the youngster deteriorated "from a normal, happy child to one in severe pain, unable to walk and suffering regular fits".

The jury of six men and six women were told on the day of her death, the defendants left Sanam alone and dying while they went to register with their GP.

The court heard how tiny handprints and bloodstains were found inside cupboards at the home in Huddersfield and at a former property on Howley Walk, in Batley.

Anwar, who was not Sanam's father, admitted to police after his arrest that he put the girl in the cupboard as a punishment and said Navsarka punished her in the same way.

When the couple were interviewed by police after Sanam's death, they blamed each other for the injuries the child had suffered and both claimed to be frightened of the other.

Both her thigh bones had been fractured, causing fatty deposits to enter her bloodstream and resulting in her death and she had fractures to both her arms.

The couple claimed Sanam had stopped breathing after they left her alone in the bath for 10 minutes and returned to find her under the water.

Det Insp Trevor Gasson said: "In my 25 years of police service and investigation of murder inquiries it is one of the most horrific cases I've had to deal with.

"Sanam was a beautiful and lively child who had her life tragically cut short by her mother and her partner."
Kirklees Council said a serious case review had been ordered into the case but stressed Sanam had not been on the child protection register.

In a statement, the council said: "Sanam had never been on the child protection register, nor had her mother been the subject of any child protection or care support in her earlier years.

"The mother's partner was not previously known to any public agencies.
"However, the Kirklees Safeguarding Children Board has instigated a Serious Case Review, as it is required to do in any such case."

I hope they get punishedAngryAngry
Angry

Edited by Gracella - 12 February 2009 at 1:31pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "These 2 should get punished!!" in Chit Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

dream

IF-Dazzler

dream

Posted: 11 February 2009 at 10:13pm | IP Logged
ohh...how can they do thiss??...i also hope they get the hardest punishment in prison..Angry

Edited by Gracella - 12 February 2009 at 1:35pm

Shazia_haya

IF-Rockerz

Shazia_haya

Posted: 12 February 2009 at 10:00am | IP Logged
It's beyond belief!

These lot are humans and they do such things, I used to read stuff like that and other related things but then stopped bit later on.

I wouldn't even call them animals or monsters.

They deserve far more than just dying in prison.

They deserve to live but live every second of their live in painful torture. Something that would make dying seem like the best thing that could happen to them.

I believe in the Judgement day and I hope them two and 'people' like THEM go to hell for eternity.

Gracella

IF-Stunnerz

Gracella

Posted: 12 February 2009 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
Horrible article!! Horrible people!!!!!!! unbelievable..kahaan gaya insaniyath!! such a masoom beautiful baby girl !!

Moderator's Note:

But folks..i will have to point out to IF-'s Rule:

Note:

India Forums does not permit posting of any content or material which is or can be construed as being

• sexually explicit, po*nographic
  • offensive to any religion, race or community
  • abusive language or Derogatory Expressions.
  • violative of anothers Intellectual Property
and i guess words like "die" etc can be considered as derogatory..no matter how much those people deserve to be punished!!

so please take care...and i will edit your posts..

Please understand that this is our duty...
Regards,
CC Dev Team

Girl_2007

IF-Rockerz

Girl_2007

Posted: 16 February 2009 at 9:15am | IP Logged
ugh..Angry cant beleive... they will surely be punished if justice exists!

Khaya

IF-Stunnerz

Khaya

Posted: 17 February 2009 at 8:03am | IP Logged
awwwww poor child... tht is so sad... brought back the Baby P story in my head

Inspector Sahib

IF-Rockerz

Inspector Sahib

Posted: 17 February 2009 at 10:37am | IP Logged
I hope they're punished severely!

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 18 February 2009 at 5:40pm | IP Logged
thats just disgusting! even after the baby died, they were still blaming each other!Dead

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.