Debate Mansion

Paternity Leave for dads

datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 years ago

Motehrs get maternity leave..

so shd fathers be given paternity leave?

if yes.. why so?

if not.. defend yourself.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sowmyaa thumbnail
I totally agree that father do need Paternity leave, infact, many companies have started giving one. My husband got paternity leave during my post partum days. I think it is very helpful to have father to help you out right after having baby. Woman goes through labor and lot of hormone changes and imotional and physical truma going on ..during this time it is very important to have your husband near you to help you out. Also, father need time to enjoy his baby and bond with him/her.
Aparna_BD thumbnail
I don't have kids , so can't be sure.But my husband was working for NIIT , and that gives paternity leave . I am sure it is necessary . Raising a newborn i suppose can be a lot of work .
Life for Rent thumbnail
yes the new law is coming in uk....................

i support this. we are human too and they say we are equal 😉 Edited by Life for Rent - 18 years ago
chikoo thumbnail
There should be paternity leave. This will give an opportunity to dads to learn what is involved and how difficult it is to raise a new born.

In any case, husbands should take at least 1-2 weeks off to be with their wives and look after their family.
Angeleyes 2 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Yes because the parents should be given that same amount of attention to their child and sometimes a mother may need rest depends on the situation of delivery

-Pooja

uma_shanmugam thumbnail
Yes its practise here too for jst 2 days holidya. But it helps in many ways. Both mum and child need the man of the house to be by their side :-) Its should be lovely moment for them as family.
datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
so all o u support it?
kool
but temem usually even when dads are hoem..its the maids / aayas / nurses.. who manage the kid...n teh dada has no work..
wot then?
uma_shanmugam thumbnail
I dun know how many days leave is given in other countries. Here just 2days. So in tht limited time not mch can be done then taking care the wife, and looking at new born baby and bringing thm back home :-)
sowmyaa thumbnail
In US atleast at my and my husband's work they give 1 week which is resonable...it's not a lot, but if they give 8 weeks for moms who gave birth 1 week for dad is pretty decent.